Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:58 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Wow, that's about as partisan and poorly thought out post as I've seen here. Since you seem to be riding laps on your high horse in that glass house, I'll point out.

Well, not that it really matters, but if you look at recent history:

Republicans were in power at the start of:

Gulf War
War in Afghanistan
Iraq War

Republicans passed:

Lockheed bailout
Franklin bailout
Bank and Trust Company Bailout
Savings & Loan Bailout
Airline industry bailout
Bear Stearns bailout
2008 Bank bailouts
Drugs for seniors

When Bush tried to reform Social Security even in a small way:

His own party told him to take a hike and they cared so much about the issue it fell flat on its face

I guess those non-Christian soldiers who have given their lives mean nothing to you Respect our troops means ALL of them.

In summary, most of the corporate bailouts were done under Republicans and neither party is the perfect panacea (you can look up that word) in the political arena.

Somewhere in the distance I hear a horse bucking and the sound of a thousand panes of glass crashing to the ground...

Well if it was so poorly written and thought out it sure did get a rise out of you.The Dimos were just as engaged in our recent wars by voting in Congress for use of force but not to fund it remember ?

As far as your comment on Christian faith and non Christians is just more of your non-sense speculating that I don't respect ALL Veterans?

Somewhere in the distance someone is slurping down their own Kool-Aid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I am NOT slurping Kool aid but I am working to reelect President Obama.

The Republican choices are simply unacceptable to downright dangerous.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
"Obama - Isolated, Ignorant from Reality says Insider"

I read the low-grade tabloid-like report that was linked here. I think I can recognize ingorance, and racism. And I see it in that article, and in the comments of people who believe what's written there.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:34 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
But hey, they wife takes nice vacations....

Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
"Obama - Isolated, Ignorant from Reality says Insider"

I read the low-grade tabloid-like report that was linked here. I think I can recognize ingorance, and racism. And I see it in that article, and in the comments of people who believe what's written there.

Dang, am I glad you think you can recognize RACISM! Seriously....we need more folks to "get it" when it comes to the many faces of Racism in our nation so they/you can help us "out them." Get ready.....here goes.....

Eric Holder 'My People" - YouTube

Mark Lloyd says Whites Step Down - YouTube

Lou Dobbs on Robert Riech "No White Construction Workers" - YouTube

Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not all Presidents want to be told only what they want to hear. In fact, even those that did eventually wanted to hear the bad news along with the good when they were in trouble.
Your mention of Nixon is a perfect example- he didn't want to hear his staff bring up anything bad until his paranoia flamed up, and then the unfavorable stuff his staff reported obsessed him totally. When he wasn't in a paranoid state, he was a good and effective President.

Obama is not Nixon. He seeks out everything from his advisors and staff, and if any report is sketchy, good or bad, he makes them dig harder to answer his questions. he has a nimble mind and is able to absorb and understand complicated issues quickly.
You seem to have overlooked the fact that the president's ears are less than useless.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
What are there, ten? installments to the Insider's talking?

Don't miss this one that's titled,

"Everyone Stunned At How Little Barack Obama Understands."

White House Insider: "Everyone Stunned At How Little Barack Obama Understands" | Newsflavor
I was wondering who resurrected this.

Despite the usual name-calling, the info from the White House Insider is generally on point. He called the coming race war and the fact that Obama will destroy the country if he has to in order to get elected.

By the way the White House Insider interviews goes back to 2009 or early 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies