Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 05:45 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,459,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Another fine example of liberal tolerance on display for all to see.
Not wanting to participate in racist remarks is being intolerant...I see. So the opposite--being racist--is tolerant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Not wanting to participate in racist remarks is being intolerant...I see. So the opposite--being racist--is tolerant?
Ever hear of ones first amendment right to speak? There is no such right to not to hear.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Ever hear of ones first amendment right to speak? There is no such right to not to hear.
Did I ever say I wanted to censor him or take away his rights in any way? No.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
That's an interesting point.
I doubt the purpose of the amendment is allowing anyone to say anything anywhere to anyone else. That would lead to chaos if everyone made use of such a right.
Plus, playing a radio program is not the same as someone saying something.

And frankly, one might expect neutrality from a public institution such as the police. Listening to right-wing propaganda programs on the job is weird in my view.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Did I ever say I wanted to censor him or take away his rights in any way? No.
Clearly the lady suing, does..

Old 10-06-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Clearly the lady suing, does..
I'm not her, and I put a smiley after my sentence. If it really happened to me I probably wouldn't sue (cause I just don't care that much) but I do think it's messed up for a cop to make anyone listen to any sort of biased anything.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
That's an interesting point.
I doubt the purpose of the amendment is allowing anyone to say anything anywhere to anyone else. That would lead to chaos if everyone made use of such a right.
Actually it does, unless you infring upon public safety, hence the chaos argument doesnt fly. This site is full of people just spouting utter nonsense.
Quote:
Plus, playing a radio program is not the same as someone saying something.
The lady is suing because she was forced to listen to Rush Limbaugh, talking..
Quote:
And frankly, one might expect neutrality from a public institution such as the police. Listening to right-wing propaganda programs on the job is weird in my view.
So now you want to regulate other peoples ability to listen to something you dont agree with? And you guys have the nerve to call conservatives intolerant.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What did she do to deserve this, kill someone? Certainly falls under cruel and definitely unusual punishment

Houston woman sues the police for making her listen to Rush Limbaugh - 2011-Oct-05 - CultureMap Houston
The law suit is nor about her being forced to listen to Rush.
Obioulsly your rushaphobia has tainted your abilty to read the article.

Now, a year later, Boyd has filed a lawsuit against Harris County and against Deputy Goad, individually and in his official capacity, for a long list of infringements including false arrest, defamation, malicious prosecution, intentional infliction of emotional distress, assault and battery.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Limpjaw can say anything he wants but nobody can coerce me into listening. Being locked into a cop car for whatever reason is coercion if the cop will not turn off the radio.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:34 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Limpjaw can say anything he wants but nobody can coerce me into listening. Being locked into a cop car for whatever reason is coercion if the cop will not turn off the radio.
the law suit does not mention rush so why does the left go nuts? The titlee to the thread is false

Oh yea the left goes nuts because that is the norm for them

Last edited by wjtwet; 10-06-2011 at 07:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies