Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
If you want to have sex pay for your own "Birth Control" the last I heard if you don't want to raise it be responsible and buy your own birth control. We should be asking for affordable birth control...........pre-existing those should have been included any way. Especially if a person is paying for their own insurance. I don't want to pay, so you can have safe sex.

Remember nothing is free, this will raise the cost for those of us that pay for our own insurance.
Tax wise, you can pay a little bit to pay for people's safe sex.........or you can pay A LOT to support even more children and mothers who will end up on welfare/financial aid.

Insurance wise, the cost of birth control is practically nil compared to the cost of pregnancy and childbirth.....stop for a minute and think about it. All insurance policies I have ever heard of cover pregnancy and childbirth....and we all pay for it. Every pregnancy that is prevented, will save the insurance company money....our rates would go down, not up, if we pay for BC.

Smart people can easily see that paying for birth control is more cost effective than not paying for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101 View Post
Yeah! Oh HELL Yeah! Baby!

A-BOR-TIONS! Yeah!

Us Democrats love us some A-BOR-TIONS!

Hey! *Waving Hands In The Air Like He Just Don't Care *

Love Love Love Me Some Abortions ........ !

Especially when poor white fundamentalist "christians" pay for it with their tax money!

Yeah Baby! *Cracking Open a Bottle of Cristal *

And I bought that bottle of Cristal with FOOD STAMPS!

Yeah BABY! Me and my homos, oops, I mean, my Homies are sucking on that government teat and living large!

He-ey!

Ain't nothin' better than having the guv'mint pay for me to have an abortion! If I were a woman ... But I'm not ... so .... Whatever.

Yay!
Would you people get over yourselves with this superiority complex you have against "righties". Seriously, you sound ridiculous.

I'm a "rightie" and even I thought that was funny. Hell I even repped the poster for it, that's how funny I thought it was.

I sure wish more of you libs would get a sense of humor.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:47 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
Yea, since Eugenics is such the humane answer.
Frankly, pursuing the OPPOSITE strategy hasn't exactly worked for America, has it?

Old 10-09-2011, 07:49 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Tax wise, you can pay a little bit to pay for people's safe sex.........or you can pay A LOT to support even more children and mothers who will end up on welfare/financial aid.

Insurance wise, the cost of birth control is practically nil compared to the cost of pregnancy and childbirth.....stop for a minute and think about it. All insurance policies I have ever heard of cover pregnancy and childbirth....and we all pay for it. Every pregnancy that is prevented, will save the insurance company money....our rates would go down, not up, if we pay for BC.

Smart people can easily see that paying for birth control is more cost effective than not paying for it.
Excellent points! Can't rep you more, so everyone read this post again!

Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
I have a novel idea. How bout being responsible?? Nah not in today's America. Anything happens just play the victim card and whine and cry and expect others to bail you out.

This thread sure pulled out the baby killers that's for sure. I bet they still have their golden hanger from when they were young back in the day.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Obamacare is finished. The SC will shut it down. Does anyone on the Left actually comprehend as much?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obamacare is finished. The SC will shut it down. Does anyone on the Left actually comprehend as much?

Not likely. Portions of the health care initiative will be struck down (most likely) but not the entire law.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:49 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Not likely. Portions of the health care initiative will be struck down (most likely) but not the entire law.
Just goes to show your understanding of the law is lacking. Without the mandate, the whole law falls apart. You can't fund a law that is predicated on everyone paying into the sytem if in fact people are not forced to pay into it. The result will be insurance companies who are forced to cover pre-existing conditions to increase everyone's health insurance premiums because they are no longer guaranteed a new pool of paying customers. That is exactly the opposite of the intent of the law....unless of course a person believes that the government intentionally set up a failed law in order to blame insurance companies for outrageous rates, thereby giving the government the option to say "See..we told you so...you can't trust private insurance companies...we need Government Run Healthcare".....which I believe is a plausible conclusion.

Read up.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:06 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Without the mandate, the whole law falls apart.
The only thing that is being challenged is the requirement for everyone to get (and pay for) insurance. Take away that, and it doesn't make the entire law fall apart. Read the law again

I've read up on it. It's only more of the right not understanding what the law actually says, vs what they are being told by their "fear" mongering leaders.

BTW, the courts have been back and forth on the requirement mandate, whre one court says its constitutional and the other says its not. The supreme court isn't going to rule on anything until long after Obama is out of office (2017). Then at that time, the republicans can further screw up America worse than they are doing now.

Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
I don't know about the constitutionality of the mandate that requires everyone who is financailly able to buy insurance..........but

I think it is only fair that they be required to do so.........because

hospitals cannot turn away people without insurance that show up in the emergency room and require care ........and

those costs will be passed onto the rest of us who DO pay for our insurance.

Without the mandate, ONCE AGAIN, those of us who are responsible and buy insurance.....will be forced to pay for those who are irresponsible and choose to not buy insurance, even though they can afford to do so.

That is my reasoning when I come down on the side to force people to buy the insurance.....because, if they don't....the rest of us will pay higher premiums to make up for those who don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies