Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 08:25 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Huh? I cannot even remember the last time I read an article titled: Pot head beats wife with iron skillet.

Violent pot heads, yeah right.

Apathetic and hungry mebbie, but prolly not violent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 08:36 PM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,758 times
There is no reason mj should not be legal, it's a complete waste of our hard-earned tax dollars.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:44 PM

527 posts, read 467,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I'm tired of all the murders, stupidity and violent crime associated with pot smokers. They are pathetic creatures with IMO no consideration of others. (probably because of the brain changes due to their addiction)

The more of these places closed, the better.
Where are your stats and proof of all this murder etc. associated with pot smokers- it isnt the smokers, it is the drug gangs-legalize it and there would be no more crime associated with pot smokers than with alcohol drinkers, probably a lot less.
After watching Ken Burns 'Prohibition' this week it strikes me that you substitute marijuana wherever the words alcohol, beer, etc. are used and the truths would remain-it was stupid to outlaw alcohol and it is just as stupid to outlaw marijuana. It is a stupid country that outlaws one of the most useful plants that mankind has yet come across. I am sure the oil and lumber industries have a big concern with legalizing hemp as hemp would remove much of their profits once the hemp oil and hemp fibers took over the markets for each of these industries products.
Everyone talks of job creation in this country- just lagalize growing marijuana and there will be a lot of jobs created.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:53 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
The truth of the matter is that if pharmaceutical companies could find a way to make a profit from marijuana I assure you would be available everywhere as a OTC med. The irony of the situation is that the every state in the US needs money and legalizing pot would be a huge windfall. Philadelphia, PA is saving roughly 2 million dollars a year by not enforcing pot laws for small quantities. 25% of all prisons are low level drug users. Imagine the savings, not to mention the revenue from taxes on pot. This would also stop or at least reduce all the drug crap that is happening in Mexico. It is a win-win for everybody. However, money talks and unless big business can tap it, well, it just isn't going to happen.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
well i think the time is coming for a massive take to the streets day for the legalization of marijuana.. it's going to take millions of people to take to the streets to stop this insanity.. all people the smoke mj, and all people that do not smoke it, should get off their asses and do something about it.!!! do you want a better country with more jobs, revenue and less violence.. or would you rather go with the status quo..

i hope that they do shut down the mj dispensaries,, cause!!!!>> it's going to backfire in there faces.. the wall street protesters will get a lot of fuel if they acually go ahead and shut them down...

Old 10-06-2011, 09:35 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,190 times
Alcohol destroys more lives than pot ever could. So do cigarettes. My god this thread is a perfect example of just how clueless Americans are.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:18 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,906 times
At the end, it is a local/state matter, not federal. As a personal user though, I wouldn't be on the ''legalize and regulate'' bandwagon. It varies but most of cost of alcohol is tax, same will happen with marijuana, it will be much more expensive. Heavily regulating(which they'll do) and charging at least double for something for something that essentially grows itself will prove more problematic than most people realize. (Safe and convienient) Alcohol and sythesized drugs don't grow so easily

Old 10-06-2011, 10:21 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Marijuana addiction? Have you been watching Reefer Madness?

You believe this kind of crap too?

Why is Marijuana Illegal? « Drug WarRant
Look at all the pot addicted violent criminals in prison. They are the vast majority of them and they love their pot.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
I find it funny folks squealing about states rights when something they want is being taken away. Did any of these same potheads say a word when the fed sued Arizona for passing immigration laws? Nah but by God if they take my pot away the world will end. Go hit your blunt and stop crying. Now you just gotta get off your butt and put the chip bag down and go find your dealer again.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:48 PM

Location: The bustling, world-renowned downtown of Pataskala, OH
188 posts, read 197,906 times
I really don't give 2 hoots about this issue right now though, it's like flipping your car over and worrying about the windshield washer fluid level, and yeah the can stick it where the sun don't shine regarding the Arizona immigration issue(among many others)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies