Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 12:31 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Did you even bother listening to his response?!?!
It is obvious that you didn't.

He was a freshman in college in 1963!

Quote:
He said if he was older, he probably would have gotten involved. But a high school kid shouldnt have to get involved in those type of things.
Well he's 66 now, so when is he going to old enough?

Quote:
You liberals might try actually listening for once.
We listened, we did the math, what is your excuse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 12:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,023,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Fear doesn't look good on you. The desperation of the wacko's....
I don't know what you are talking about. I'm changing my registration to Republican on Monday so I can vote for Ole Black Walnut. I don't have the facts to back it up, but I am looking forward to Herm running as the GOP candidate.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:53 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,824,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
they were all fair questions, or did you want a softball interview?

that's exactly what they wanted some soft @ss questions, Everything is unfair to them when its on MSNBC. Seems thats the way they are programmed

Old 10-08-2011, 03:02 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Co-Signed.

And dude was going to Morehouse, where the Civil Rights Movement was alive and strong, and just decided to do nothing. And now he turns around, looks at folks like John Lewis who put their lives on the line so that *his* back-seat-of-the-bus self could become a CEO and a presidential candidate, and call *them* "brainwashed" and "on the democrat plantation".

Negro please.

I'll say it again, the dude's a grifter. Performances like this are custom designed to enrage every black person in the country, so he can run and tell his republican friends "look, they called me a Tom, they're the real racists, give me a Fox News show."
shoot, negro puh-leez is right! That man is as black as the ace of spades and he never lifted a finger to help the struggle.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I don't know what you are talking about. I'm changing my registration to Republican on Monday so I can vote for Ole Black Walnut. I don't have the facts to back it up, but I am looking forward to Herm running as the GOP candidate.
That's what I'll be doing to. Hee-hee.

ni-on-nine, ni-on-nine, ni-on-nine. sounds like a carnival game.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I was just able to watch the video of this amazingly hostile interview, by Lawrence O’Donnell. Wow, just wow!! This was the most hostile, vitriolic and contentious interview I have ever heard. I have to agree with the comment in the link:

“I will say that Cain proved he could hold his own and not be rattled by the offensive assumptions of these whackos on MSNBC. He hit back in the interview several times but always kept his cool. He could have hit back more in my opinion but overall I think he did great.â€

Cain was great, the more I see of Cain the more I like him. O’Donnell could not have been more abusive and confrontational.

I’m sick to death of these holier than thou types. I have known people like O’Donnell in my life before, they think their past participation or accomplishments, allow them to sit on a high horse, and disparage the character of anyone else who did not do the same. What a small-minded, bitter little man, O’Donnell is, to say that Cain offends him, because Cain did not join the military during the years of Vietnam War. O’Donnell is essentially saying to his audience, that all Americans between the age of 18-36 offend him to, if they did not join the military to fight in Afghanistan; and they damn well, better not, run for president any time in the future.

Apparently, the same disparaging attitude should apply to people who have not joined their local police force, or police department. O’Donnell should raise the bar even higher, because there are bridges out there that some people never helped to build. So, if you think like O’Donnell, and if there is a bridge in your town, and someone did not help to build it, they should feel shame every damn time they drive over it.

The truth is this:

1) not everyone expresses their support for a cause by becoming a public activist

2) not everyone displays their patriotism by becoming a soldier, or a fireman or a police officer

It’s the mark of a small-minded bully, to disparage another person for not making the same choices or joining the same groups or organizations, just because they chose to do so.

Apparently, any time there is a war, whether it’s Desert Storm, Kosovo, Mogadishu, Afghanistan or Vietnam, if you did not run out and join the military, you offend the likes of O’Donnell, and they get sit upon their high horses, and hand out judgement against everyone else.
Cain should not have expected a "softball" interview on MSNBC. Soeone has to give Cain the "real" questions. Cain is the frontrunner in some of the polls, outpolling Romney. I'm glad that ODonnell gave Ol Walnut a run for the money. The Walnut was evasive and didnt answer some of the questions with no explananation whatsoever. Walnut could do us all a favor and answer the questions once in a while, besides his now cliched ni-on-ni-on-ni-on song and dance.

Old 10-08-2011, 06:15 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Cain should not have expected a "softball" interview on MSNBC. Soeone has to give Cain the "real" questions. Cain is the frontrunner in some of the polls, outpolling Romney. I'm glad that ODonnell gave Ol Walnut a run for the money. The Walnut was evasive and didnt answer some of the questions with no explananation whatsoever. Walnut could do us all a favor and answer the questions once in a while, besides his now cliched ni-on-ni-on-ni-on song and dance.
I don't understand why this candidates go to liberal shows. they are not going to help them in anyway. its like netanyahu asking Hitler for help getting his massage out, not going to happen

Old 10-08-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gysmo View Post
I don't understand why this candidates go to liberal shows. they are not going to help them in anyway. its like netanyahu asking Hitler for help getting his massage out, not going to happen
I think that they do it to make themselves look "defiant" to their conservative base. Cain was at a Houston Barnes & Noble bookstore with fans in the background. They cheered him when he whipped up salvos for O'Donnell. He wants to contrast himself from a liberal TV host.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:03 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,427,416 times
Just found this article. I had a feeling that Cain's constant yammering about how black he is gave some validity to O'Donnell's where were you question.

You may argue that Herman Cain had a right not to participate in the Civil Rights Movement, and that may be true. But here's the problem: he's holding himself up as an example of, if not the very pinnacle of, the black community. (Just ask him, he'll be glad to tell you). He has gone so far as to suggest that Black People who do not support him (not give him a fair hearing, mind you, but out-and-out support him) have been brainwashed by the Democratic Party.

The horrific part of the interview which apparently did not catch your eye, was Lawrence's first asking Mr. Cain if he wanted to back off that "brainwashing" statement. Mr. Cain did not. With him questioning my intelligence as a African-American, I had a right to know where he stood in relation to the community he was questioning I had a right to know what kind of African-American he was, and yes that is something I can judge given the questions Lawrence O'Donnell asked rather haltingly. I had a right to know what he had given to the cause. Because if he had stood with my parents, if he had marched with my parents, then African-Americans as a whole would have shrugged when he called us "brainwashed". At least, we would have decided, he earned the right.
Moore Award Dissent - The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan - The Daily Beast

Old 10-14-2011, 06:23 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,938,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
There's no one that the left despises more, than a right-wing black person.
Let's see, a person who makes outlandish comments; who proposes to lower taxes on the rich to 9% while raising taxes on the poor; who has no empathy for the common person by saying that we don't need health care reform because he was able to pay for his cancer treatment out-of-pocket, is criticized and you conclude it must be because he's black.

No, he's criticized because he makes asinine statements. By the way, it's the job of the media to ask tough questions. As Harry Truman said, "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

Oh, your username is false, it's clear that you are brainwashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies