Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:54 PM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
They gave it to Arafat in the 90s!!
Besides, look at the people awarding this peace price. Their whole view on the world is quit different from most Americans.
Im Swedish by the way but I have lived here sense 99.
I can respect a different world view....which I may not agree with but can at least understand.

With that said, some of their decisions have been attrocious, politicized aberrations that make zero sense.

When you look down this list of recipients several definitely jump out at you as not belonging with the rest of the group. Carter definitely deserves one for his body of work....Gore I can see at least some logic too but Obama is one of the handful of WTH recipients on the list.

List of Nobel Peace Prize laureates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 05:02 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,231,188 times
Default Apparently, the Norwegians agree it was a mistake...

Nobel panel saw Obama peace prize as 'mistake,' new book claims - Washington Times

BTW, I know it's an old thread, but it is relevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies