Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,124,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If I were Rick Perry, I would denounce this bigot and not want his endorsement. Also, not all Southern Baptists feel this way about Mormons. I am sure there are ignorant people in all denominations to some extent. A person's religion should not have anything to do with being President.
Not only should the religion have nothing to do with who the President is but according to some words right out of the Constitution a few posts back from your own you can see what the document says about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:42 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,867,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Romney stands for everything and also stands for nothing. He just stands wherever the wind blows.
Nice hair though..........that must be it he's, over 50 and still has hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A church should never, EVER make statements like that. It is not the job of a church to sway the political opinon of the congregation.
Must agree, sad we haven't come very far since Kennedy. Amazes me how Christians, tell other Christians their no good.

Last edited by wildflower82; 10-07-2011 at 09:59 PM..

Old 10-07-2011, 10:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,854 times
TO ANSWER THE FIRST QUESTION. JUST ABOUT EVERY CHURCH FALLS UNDER THE DEFINITION OF A CULT. AND FOR ALL THIS MUSLIM HATING STUFF. OUR COUNTRY WAS BUILT ON JUST THE OPPOSITE.THAT TERROR YOU SEEM TO BUY INTO WAS ORIGINALLY CREATED BY THE INFAMOUS BUSH TERROR CAMPAIGN. OUR MEDIA NO LONGER REPORTS TRUTH. NOTHING BUT GUIDED STATEMENTS REPORTED AS TRUTH. JULY 2001 OUR LEADERS MET WITH AND TOLD THE TALIBAN IF THEY ACCEPTED OUR LEADERS WANT FOR THE INFAMOUS CASPIAN OIL PIPELINE THEY WOULD RECEIVE A CARPET OF GOLD, IF NOT THEY WOULD RECEIVE A CARPET OF BOMBS. THE PLANS FOR INVADING AFGHANISTAN WERE ON BUSH'S DESK ON 9/9/2001(CHECK THIS ITS A FACT). (CHECK THEM ALL ...JUST FACTS)9/10/2001 RUMSFIELD SECRETARY OF DEFENSE ANNOUNCED ON TV THEY HAD MISPLACED 2.3TRILLION DOLLARS OF TAXPAYER MONEY. 9/11/2001 PLANES HIT THE WORLD TRADE CENTER AND THE ACCOUNTING AREA OF THE PENTAGON.THEN AS A BONUS FOR NO REASON AT ALL WORLD TRADE CENTER BUILDING 7(where they kept the MANY records of ENRON,WORLDCOM,CIA AND FEMA AT 5PM SAME DAY FELL AT FREE FALL SPEED INTO ITS OWN FOOTPRINT. BTW OUR PRECIOUS GOVERNMENT THATS KEEPING US SAFE DIDNT INVESTIGATE THE POSSIBILITY OF EXPLOSIVES?....OR THE MONEY TRAIL OF ALL THE INSIDER TRADING MADE ON THE COMPANIES AFFECTED BECAUSE IT WASN'T PERTINENT TO THE INVESTIGATION?? TO TOP IT ALL OFF...OSAMA BIN LADEN WAS NEVER EVEN ON THE FBI OR ANY OTHER LAW ENFORCEMENTS LIST OF HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH 8/11. YOU HAVE BEEN DUPED MY FRIEND....ALONG WITH THE REST OF US COWARDS. THEY ATTACKED US BECAUSE THEY HATE OUR FREEDOM LOL WHAT A JOKE. THE TALIBAN SAT IN THE WHITE HOUSE AS PRESIDENT REAGEN STATED TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE THAT THEY HAD THE VALUES OF OUR FOUNDING FATHERS. I CAN POST THE PICTURE AND SPEECH IF YOU LIKE OR KEEP GIVING EVIDENCE HERE ALL NIGHT LONG...LET ME KNOW. FACTS ARE ALL THAT MATTERS. THE REST IS BULL **** PROPAGANDA. DISINFORMATION IS STILL THE BIGGEST WEAPON EVER MADE

Old 10-07-2011, 10:23 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Would you like a list of Muslims that were killed by the Muslim Brotherhood because they dealt with Israel and the US. Not a list but do you remember when Saddat was assassinated by Muslims? Somehow it bothers me that you people don't realize that Muslims are ordered to kill anyone who is working against them. Oh well.
What in the hell does this have to do with anything? Christians tell anyone who doesn't believe as they do that they're going to hell to suffer eternal torment. Christians are trying to force lies into public schools, christians are telling their flocks not to vote for a guy because he ascribes to a different fairytale. ALL HORSEPOOP.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:31 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,487,222 times
Quote:
Are you saying that it is the fact that the man is a Christian that forces you to vote for Obama? If so it seems to me like you are saying that he, is in fact, a Muslim, or you couldn't vote for him. Is that what bought your vote in 2008?
Are you high? WHat in the hell would make you think that? I'm an atheist. Religion is of no use to me. I voted for Obama because I felt he was the best person for the job and still do. I find it hilarious that after giving Obama hell in 08' for attending a xtian church for 20 years, NOW you're trying to claim he's muslim..Just stop, seriously.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:27 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,450,087 times
Quote:
Are you saying, like yo, that you would have to vote for Obama because all those Republican candidates are Christians? I guess Obama sure must be a Muslim, if so.
Oh no. I'm saying that just because someone's a Christian doesn't automatically make them qualified to be president in my mind. To tell you the truth, Roy, if a Christian and Atheist were running against each other, and I thought the atheist would do a better job as president, I'd go for the atheist, even though I'm a Christian. The same goes for buddhist, jews, and even muslims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
"ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as ye tempted him in Massah."
Deuteronomy 6:16
I think I'll still write in Jesus.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:55 AM

405 posts, read 385,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
If I were Rick Perry, I would denounce this bigot and not want his endorsement. Also, not all Southern Baptists feel this way about Mormons. I am sure there are ignorant people in all denominations to some extent. A person's religion should not have anything to do with being President.
Not surprisingly, Perry said he does not agree. The last thing he needs after the hunting camp rumors is to be associated with this church. I wonder why the pastor has nothing to say about another Christian candidate in the race, Herman Cain. I can only guess why.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 AM

457 posts, read 753,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Well then.

We'll just vote for an American hating muslim wannabe.

Oh.

Never mind.

This muslim thing is like so 2008. Come out of your time machine and join the rest of the world

Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,681,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
(CNN) – A pastor of a mega church in Dallas said Friday that Republicans shouldn't vote for White House hopeful Mitt Romney because he's a Mormon and described the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as a "cult."
"I think Mitt Romney's a good, moral man, but those of us who are born again followers of Christ should prefer a competent Christian," said Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, which has a congregation of about 10,000.

BREAKING: Pastor to GOP: Don’t vote for Romney because he’s Mormon – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I agree with Jeffress on one thing. Mormonism is a cult but so is every denomination of xtianity. Seriously, when you spend your Sundays prentending to eat the body and drink the blood of a zombie that levatated into the sky, you can't pretend that you're any less cultish than protective underpants wearing, gods of their own planets when they die mormons. It's all nonsense.
Jeeze , I thought you were talking about Jesse "hymietown" Jackson. We all know how tolerant the left is!

Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,508,711 times
Don't you just love Christians calling another religion a "cult"? How are they any different?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies