Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 03:31 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,568,309 times

Advertisements

Well it seems a few opinionated members and one over zealous thread cop got the other thread locked down be fore I could answer you, so here goes. I would appreciate the rest of you intolerant buttholes staying out of this one for a while.... That was typed with a smile.

Quote:
Electron I would just say I certainly am not crucifying you as a gay basher...however your post claims that the gay lifestyle is a destructive choice. And for you to make this assumption and disregard any science that is cut and pasted for you is in my mind a bit presumptuous. On what basis do you make this? Your interpretation of the Bible? Your gut?

I hope your kids do turn out to be manly men or your world is going to be rocked. I know a guy who is gay whose dad was a manly man and they went through some serious issues before they were able to reconcile. Why do you think a Pastor like Ted Haggard would decide to be gay? What would possibly lead him down that path? That just doesn't make any sense. Dude was gay, trying to pretend he was a "manly man". Is it better for gays to continue to just pretend to be heterosexuals and have wives and kids, and they all end up suffering? Sorry, but claiming gays "make their choice" and "get no sympathy from me" is not a sign of tolerance, however you decide to slice it or rationalize it in your mind.
Yes I claim homosexualisticism is a destructive lifestyle of choice. Destructive in many ways, such as tearing up families, destroying marriages, workplace disruptions, and do we need to talk about the health issues? I mean, when was the last time you read news media that ran a story about a hetero man being killed from makin it with a horse? Is that not deviate behavior? The point I'm trying to make is that deviate behavior such as that is a choice, obviously made by someone whose brain housing group is not operating at peak efficiency. The Ted Hadggard story, well I'm really surprised that there aren't more of them, but we'll save that discussion for another day. I have lots of viewpoints on a lot of that religion stuff, but it takes time for me to figure out how to put it into coherant sentences.
BTW, you misquote me with "get no sympathy from me", but easy to do, and I've done it myself. I said they get no special treatment, because I tend to think in terms of individual rights, not collective, mod mentality rights that subvert others' freedoms. What I mean is, why gay rights, black rights, Jew rights, muslim rights? What was wrong with human rights?
You could say that I get some of my opinions biblically, some from my gut, but I think if one is inclined, they could sit and think hard on things that are just right and wrong, and answer a lot of questions. That may be simplistic, but, I guess I'm simple.
****Please allow four to six weeks for delivery of this message, as it must pass a stringent homeland diversity inspection through the office of jco****

Old 08-22-2007, 07:27 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,792,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Well it seems a few opinionated members and one over zealous thread cop got the other thread locked down be fore I could answer you, so here goes. I would appreciate the rest of you intolerant buttholes staying out of this one for a while.... That was typed with a smile.

Yes I claim homosexualisticism is a destructive lifestyle of choice. Destructive in many ways, such as tearing up families, destroying marriages, workplace disruptions, and do we need to talk about the health issues? I mean, when was the last time you read news media that ran a story about a hetero man being killed from makin it with a horse? Is that not deviate behavior? The point I'm trying to make is that deviate behavior such as that is a choice, obviously made by someone whose brain housing group is not operating at peak efficiency. The Ted Hadggard story, well I'm really surprised that there aren't more of them, but we'll save that discussion for another day. I have lots of viewpoints on a lot of that religion stuff, but it takes time for me to figure out how to put it into coherant sentences.
BTW, you misquote me with "get no sympathy from me", but easy to do, and I've done it myself. I said they get no special treatment, because I tend to think in terms of individual rights, not collective, mod mentality rights that subvert others' freedoms. What I mean is, why gay rights, black rights, Jew rights, muslim rights? What was wrong with human rights?
You could say that I get some of my opinions biblically, some from my gut, but I think if one is inclined, they could sit and think hard on things that are just right and wrong, and answer a lot of questions. That may be simplistic, but, I guess I'm simple.
****Please allow four to six weeks for delivery of this message, as it must pass a stringent homeland diversity inspection through the office of jco****
Wow, my own thread...cool!

I feel obligated to reply, so here goes.

Yes human beings do strange things....and just like many heterosexuals enjoy bondage and whips, and licking womens' feet, and any other number of strange things, I am sure some of that comes into play with the more flamboyant in the gay community.

A lot of gays do not act like that at all however. They are completely discreet and lead normal lives. I still have to ask - why would men in the military for example "choose" to be gay and be harassed and ostracized, and risk their careers? Why would a kid in a hick town claim he is gay and risk getting beaten up or killed? Why do leading executives in business or congressmen come out and say they are gay? Do they think that will help them somehow in life? Are they just "overwhelmed by deviant urges"? Or do they just accept that is the way they have been wired since birth and do not want to live a lie?

Your point about ruining marriages and families, and workplace disruptions is well taken. That is why it makes more sense to me that society allow gays to come out of the closet and not feel they have to perpetuate a lie for their families and jobs. You say you will give them no special treatment, and what is wrong with just human rights. I think that is all they are asking for. Let them get married like everybody else. Let them have careers in the military, God knows we need them right now. Let them walk down a street without being insulted or assaulted. What is the big deal about that? They are out there anyway.

And not directing this at you personally Electron, but I am always a little leery of people that say they just believe something because it is "common sense". Why bother having scientists at all if anything they come up with gets trivialized or ignored because it does not jibe with what some consider to be "common sense" - and this applies to any number of topics. It used to be "common sense" that the world was flat.

And religion in moderation is fine, just like anything else in life. But Holy Bible Thumpers are as addicted to the Word as a junkie is to crack, and there are self-professed Christians that are some of the most repressed, hateful, ignorant people I have ever had the pleasure to come across. For me, intolerance is something I am not tolerant of.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:18 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,618,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Wow, my own thread...cool!

I feel obligated to reply, so here goes.

Yes human beings do strange things....and just like many heterosexuals enjoy bondage and whips, and licking womens' feet, and any other number of strange things, I am sure some of that comes into play with the more flamboyant in the gay community.

A lot of gays do not act like that at all however. They are completely discreet and lead normal lives. I still have to ask - why would men in the military for example "choose" to be gay and be harassed and ostracized, and risk their careers? Why would a kid in a hick town claim he is gay and risk getting beaten up or killed? Why do leading executives in business or congressmen come out and say they are gay? Do they think that will help them somehow in life? Are they just "overwhelmed by deviant urges"? Or do they just accept that is the way they have been wired since birth and do not want to live a lie?

Your point about ruining marriages and families, and workplace disruptions is well taken. That is why it makes more sense to me that society allow gays to come out of the closet and not feel they have to perpetuate a lie for their families and jobs. You say you will give them no special treatment, and what is wrong with just human rights. I think that is all they are asking for. Let them get married like everybody else. Let them have careers in the military, God knows we need them right now. Let them walk down a street without being insulted or assaulted. What is the big deal about that? They are out there anyway.

And not directing this at you personally Electron, but I am always a little leery of people that say they just believe something because it is "common sense". Why bother having scientists at all if anything they come up with gets trivialized or ignored because it does not jibe with what some consider to be "common sense" - and this applies to any number of topics. It used to be "common sense" that the world was flat.

And religion in moderation is fine, just like anything else in life. But Holy Bible Thumpers are as addicted to the Word as a junkie is to crack, and there are self-professed Christians that are some of the most repressed, hateful, ignorant people I have ever had the pleasure to come across. For me, intolerance is something I am not tolerant of.
Bravo, and congratulations on getting your own thread too ! What does it feel like to be famous , will you remember us mere mortals ?

Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,467,844 times
"Yes human beings do strange things....and just like many heterosexuals enjoy bondage and whips, and licking womens' feet, and any other number of strange things"

Yet you will not see these people in the schools marketing their sexual choices as normal and healthy. There, in a nut shell, is the big differance.

Old 08-22-2007, 09:21 AM

156 posts, read 150,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
"Yes human beings do strange things....and just like many heterosexuals enjoy bondage and whips, and licking womens' feet, and any other number of strange things"

Yet you will not see these people in the schools marketing their sexual choices as normal and healthy. There, in a nut shell, is the big differance.
BRAVO!!!!!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post

Congratulations, Bily4. on your rise to fame. Use it well, and remember from whence you came.....
Without getting into a serious conflict here, I'll go along with citigirl to the extent of asking, "OK, you're gay....But why do I have to "know" about this? Just what do you plan to do, that I might be interested in, to demonstrate your 'gayness' "---I think that's a fair question. No, I don't, and never will, advocate being "mean" to a gay person. I've had friends and family in that category, and believe me, it's not a "choice". I think the outrage lies in our new "let it all hang out" atmosphere. I suspect that the more conservative among us are none too happy with this atmosphere even when it involves the heterosexual community, and that this openness, too, makes its own contribution to broken marriages, troubled kids, heartache, and all sorts of problems just as the "gay" lifestyle does.....just my opinion, you understand.
Lastly, Bily4, you have a point about "common sense". But in your well-founded skepticism of accepting all common sense as a given, please make an effort not to categorically reject any and all of the precepts of common sense--after all, some degree of common sense is just plain common sense--- (common sense tells me that if I step off a 10-story building, I'll go down, not up; and I'm willing to take their word on this)....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.