Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 11:05 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times

Advertisements

It is easy to get an indictment from a grand jury. There is an old saying that even a sandwich can be indicted. My thoughts are that the prosecutor did not put on enough evidence to favor an indictment and was looking to scape goat the grand jury as to why they could not proceed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 01:18 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I had to go to google to find out that the senator was a democrat. If it had been a Republican, it would have, of course, been part of the headline.

We have a caste system, and Democrat legislator is the top caste of them all.

Old 11-21-2012, 05:51 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
This is a long way from being over.

The civil action will be the hard part.
There was no civil case, either.

Yep, she plowed into a woman on the other side of the street. Kids bouncin around her CRV because no one was wearing a seatbelt. She has "no memory" of the crash. At least they saved the dead lady's baby with emergency surgery before she died.

Gomez’s father, Tom White, said Curran Gomez is well.
“There’s no point in a civil case. Our attorney has checked into it,” White said. “There are still a few things to settle, but the insurance is going to work out pretty well. (Williams) did not have a lot of insurance, but we’ll get the bulk of it.”

Colorado state senator pays fine in fatal accident case | Amarillo Globe-News

Seems I was wrong. It was a $299 fine.

You know, if I did this and say "I didn't remember." I'd probably be charged with manslaughter or something. I'm sure the politician feels emotional pain for this. I'd be feeling pain + manslaughter charges.

Oh well. Evade taxes and be Charles Rangel = censure.
Evade taxes and be Wesley Snipes = 3 years in the pen.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:57 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Tragic thing to happen. A Jury of Texans decided there was no reason to pursue criminal charges - I'll trust their judgement.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
It is easy to get an indictment from a grand jury. There is an old saying that even a sandwich can be indicted. My thoughts are that the prosecutor did not put on enough evidence to favor an indictment and was looking to scape goat the grand jury as to why they could not proceed.
Why? Why would the district attorney do this?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:23 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I had to go to google to find out that the senator was a democrat. If it had been a Republican, it would have, of course, been part of the headline.

We have a caste system, and Democrat legislator is the top caste of them all.
And what difference does it make what party she belongs to? I don't see your point. Maybe it's just your need to politicize everything. A car veered uncontrolled into another, there was a sever accident, ppl were hurt and someone died. Why did you feel the need to mention what party she was in, does that change the facts?

Let me add to your wacky conspiracy theories. http://observer.com/2012/10/harry-re...as-republican/

Old 11-21-2012, 11:00 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
It matters because if she were a Republican, that little fact would be included in the headline.

Since she's a democrat, it's not mentioned at all. Not in the headline, not in the article.

There's your first clue.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It matters because if she were a Republican, that little fact would be included in the headline.

Since she's a democrat, it's not mentioned at all. Not in the headline, not in the article.

There's your first clue.
Oh please.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:29 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

There's your first clue.
Yes, pleaze, your boogie man fears don't mean anything. The important facts were reported, her party had nothing to do with the accident.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
It appears that the standard for a conviction under existing Texas statutes there are only two possible charges, criminally negligent homicide, and manslaughter and the standard for both are pretty high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies