Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 06:06 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Easy to answer incorrectly, you mean. Quit scratching the surface.
We created Bin Laden. Forget that fact? So by your theory we should attack ourselves.
Actually, you should re read my post. Ya know,, the part about harboring terrorists. Or perhaps you think Bin Laden was hiding in Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 06:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
So you believe the military's only function is to protect our borders, and you think that isn't isolationism?

What makes you think Paul is the only one who can fix the economy?
It is not about Ron Paul but about policy. You can't win the Kentucky Derby riding a mule no matter how good the jockey is.
Government has never been able to "fix" the economy in the long run. Through manipulation, government creates booms and busts and the busts are always worse than the booms. History has told us this.
We the people can fix the economy through the free market and our individual purchasing power. That is how we got out of the Depression of the early 1920's.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Actually, you should re read my post. Ya know,, the part about harboring terrorists. Or perhaps you think Bin Laden was hiding in Wisconsin.
Actually you should re read my post. Ya know,, the part about who created Bin Laden.
You should treat the cause instead of the symptom.

Quit sending you kid outside in the cold without a coat just because you have cold medicine.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
It is not about Ron Paul but about policy. You can't win the Kentucky Derby riding a mule no matter how good the jockey is.
Government has never been able to "fix" the economy in the long run. Through manipulation, government creates booms and busts and the busts are always worse than the booms. History has told us this.
We the people can fix the economy through the free market and our individual purchasing power. That is how we got out of the Depression of the early 1920's.
Who said government can fix the economy? Individual politicians can bring a philosophy that allows what you describe. Paul isn't the only one who believes in capitalism.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Actually you should re read my post. Ya know,, the part about who created Bin Laden.
You should treat the cause instead of the symptom.
Why, what's the relevance? I am not about to veer off into that discussion, Suffice it to say one has nothing to do with the other. Even if I conceded you were right (which I don't) that doesn't mitigate the need to protect ourselves from Al Qaeda. No matter how much Paulists protest, Afghanistan was necessary for our protection.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Who said government can fix the economy? Individual politicians can bring a philosophy that allows what you describe. Paul isn't the only one who believes in capitalism.
name me one other person besides Ron Paul who wants to take government out of the economy fixing equation?

Old 10-09-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
name me one other person besides Ron Paul who wants to take government out of the economy fixing equation?
Any of the Republican candidates.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Why, what's the relevance? I am not about to veer off into that discussion, Suffice it to say one has nothing to do with the other. Even if I conceded you were right (which I don't) that doesn't mitigate the need to protect ourselves from Al Qaeda. No matter how much Paulists protest, Afghanistan was necessary for our protection.
You don't think the CIA created Bin Laden? You cannot make informed decisions when you do not have all the facts.

The Insider - CIA created al-Qaeda and gave $3 BILLION to Osama bin Laden

Why was Afghanistan necessary? So far all I hear is because you say so.

Quit putting band aids on the problem. All these other freedom loving countries don't get attacked, why us? Ever ask that?
Treat the cause. Get out of the Middle East and quit occupying sovereign nations.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Any of the Republican candidates.
Because you say so doesn't answer the question. The others plans all manipulate the economy through government intervention which has proven to not work.
No other candidate has talked about the Federal Reserve being the problem as long and as in depth as Ron Paul. From Wright Patman to Ron Paul, We Texans know the Federal Reserve is our biggest enemy.

maybe an example would help. Why was it a good idea to give mortgage loans to people with little to no down payment, and little to show as far as repayment ability? The free market doesn't make those loans. It never did in the past. With all the available houses why don't we make those same loans again?
Ron Paul knew from day one why it wouldn't work and correctly told us the reason why. And now those very same people who the benevolent hand of government was trying to help are much worse off than before the housing bill AND they had to foot the bill during the bailouts. The bailouts which rewarded failure. Quit siding with failure it's killing the economy.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
You don't think the CIA created Bin Laden? You cannot make informed decisions when you do not have all the facts.

The Insider - CIA created al-Qaeda and gave $3 BILLION to Osama bin Laden

Why was Afghanistan necessary? So far all I hear is because you say so.

Quit putting band aids on the problem. All these other freedom loving countries don't get attacked, why us? Ever ask that?
Treat the cause. Get out of the Middle East and quit occupying sovereign nations.
As I said, I will not be drawn into that conversation. The reason Afghanistan was necessary was because that was the base of operations for people intent on killing us. If we left Afghanistan as it was we would have been subjected to many more attacks.

As I pointed out earlier, if Chamberlain had taken Hitler out instead of appeasing him, we could have avoided WWII. But there would have been folks like you, carping, that Chamberlain should have left the corporal alone, he posed no danger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies