Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:13 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times

Advertisements

What is also hypocritical is his " credit card" for lower income people.

Doesnt that make him part of the problem that people are protesting? That he is protesting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 09:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Russell Simmons is a person who markets credit cards on tv. That is giving back to his peeps in the hood. Remember "easy credit rip off" is just what it means.
They are not credit cards. They are like debit cards. You have to add your own money to the cards in order to use them.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Isn't it amazing? He doesn't want to pay taxes while he hawks his credit cards to black people and ripping them off at at 20% plus interest rate!
see my above post.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:27 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Like I said before and like a PP said above, he has debit cards, not credit cards with interest rates, there is a difference.

Also, who cares what Russel Simmons says. I guess you only care if you agree with what he is saying. If he were saying that he didn't want higher taxes those of you criticizing his personal views would be saying what a great thinker he was instead of saying he is an idiot.

He is a corporation and he is pretty intelligent and business savvy to have been so successful in his endeavors but I don't give a crap about what he says about anything. I guess people do who want to rile themselves up in order to have someone of which to direct their anger.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 AM

That's what it boils down too, people just need something to complain about. That has to get old after a while.

I've had moments in my life in which I've even become tired of hearing myself complain, now that's bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Like I said before and like a PP said above, he has debit cards, not credit cards with interest rates, there is a difference.

Also, who cares what Russel Simmons says. I guess you only care if you agree with what he is saying. If he were saying that he didn't want higher taxes those of you criticizing his personal views would be saying what a great thinker he was instead of saying he is an idiot.

He is a corporation and he is pretty intelligent and business savvy to have been so successful in his endeavors but I don't give a crap about what he says about anything. I guess people do who want to rile themselves up in order to have someone of which to direct their anger.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:32 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Russell Simmons is considered the "rich" who have to pay more taxes according to Obama. Russell stated he is willing to pay more since it is only fair according to him....but than he will give less to charity!

That is fair for him to say but he is one of them who is attending the protest against Corporations (I believe he has a corporation himself!!!!) and yelling against Wall Street!
He can believe whatever he wants to believe. He does have a corporation. He can still believe/protest whatever he wants to believe or protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The point is they need to quit asking government to spend their money. If they would actually put up and show some results from their so called extra money, their words would be more respected.

Like all those commercials when clebs get on and ask us to give to kids in Africa, people have been sending money since Sally Struthers who starred in, All in the Family ............where's the results???

Do you know what he does with his money? I bet you don't and probably don't know much about him anyway.

Celebs who appear in infomercials or commercials are paid actors/actresses. The results are that the celebrities get paid themselves and a lot of times religious or other organizations who usually don't give the majority of those donations to the groups/individuals that they are intended to assist. People shouldn't let advertisement fool them into donating money to every sad face on TV or celebrity figure.

Loved All in the Family BTW and Sally probably didn't have any money left from that show by the time she appeared on all of the infomercials and needed some money of her own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies