Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You seem to be claiming that it is obama's fault. I asked for you to show me one thing that Obama has done that would cause wages to fall. You still have not done that. I have made no claims at all. I just ask you to back up your claims, and you still have not....waiting.

One thing off the top of my head, simply because I just heard this this morning....In the health care bill a 10% tax was added for tanning booths. Today I heard it will be illegal for anyone under 18 to tan in a tanning booth.

I guess this may not impact you, personally, in a big way. But, I have a friend that owns a tanning business. I guess she will take a hit. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 09:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Funny, I never heard what McCain's or what's-her-name's ( Palin???Hard to remember has beens)plan for the recovery were...how their "plans" (which we never heard) would turn the economy around in a month......and now I guess we'll never know

I find that people who are very ignorant of how the economy works, and totally ignorant of history and how things don't happen overnight are pretty much idiots when it comes to the process of recovery.

They sound like spoiled "gimme now or I'll pout" brats...

Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
One thing off the top of my head, simply because I just heard this this morning....In the health care bill a 10% tax was added for tanning booths. Today I heard it will be illegal for anyone under 18 to tan in a tanning booth.

I guess this may not impact you, personally, in a big way. But, I have a friend that owns a tanning business. I guess she will take a hit. What do you think?
Well the health care bill originated in congress and not in the white house, and I would find it hard to believe that a 10% tax on tanning booths has caused wages to go down, unless snooki was getting 3 million tans a year and now she does not get any, which I doubt.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:36 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here are some REAL numbers.
Would it be better if the rich in this country only earned $100k a year, then would you be a happy camper?

You cannot expect the free trade legislation that Clinton signed to not have any effect. We are in a world economy now, the filthy rich have a global market.

Who would be the wealthier business owner, the guy with one hardware store in a small town, the guy with three hardware stores in three towns, or the guy with over 2,000 stores world wide?

The guy on welfare, or working a minimum wage job will always earn less then a business owner, and much, much less then a business owner involved in a world market.

As long as federal and state regulations increase, and drive up the costs of running a business in the US, the wealthy will move their business to where the money is. They will get rich, as jobs flow overseas, and we working stiffs will be lucky to see much improvement at all.

Maybe you can find some statistics to reflect WHY we have an income disparity, and see if they coincide with the thousand and thousands of new government debt, regulations and mandates.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:38 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Quote:
Either Bush's policies play a part in Obama's successes and failures or they don't. No cherry picking.
Okay, Obama got bin Ladin. He also wrecked the economy.

I'm cool with it.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
BUSHBUSHBUSHBUSH!!

No way to spin this one.

You see, obama claimed his stimulus would help working families.

For the last year, he's gone flitting around the Us claiming his stimulus SAVED us from an even deeper recession....clearly, that is NOT the case.

Under HIS economic policies, life in the US is much more difficult.

So the fact businesses decide to tighten their belts and offering lower raises or none at all is somehow his fault?

Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Would it be better if the rich in this country only earned $100k a year, then would you be a happy camper?

You cannot expect the free trade legislation that Clinton signed to not have any effect. We are in a world economy now, the filthy rich have a global market.

Who would be the wealthier business owner, the guy with one hardware store in a small town, the guy with three hardware stores in three towns, or the guy with over 2,000 stores world wide?

The guy on welfare, or working a minimum wage job will always earn less then a business owner, and much, much less then a business owner involved in a world market.

As long as federal and state regulations increase, and drive up the costs of running a business in the US, the wealthy will move their business to where the money is. They will get rich, as jobs flow overseas, and we working stiffs will be lucky to see much improvement at all.

Maybe you can find some statistics to reflect WHY we have an income disparity, and see if they coincide with the thousand and thousands of new government debt, regulations and mandates.
This may be part of the problem.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Okay, Obama got bin Ladin. He also wrecked the economy.

I'm cool with it.
Except the economy went to hell under Bush and Osama was caught under Obama.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:40 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
So the fact businesses decide to tighten their belts and offering lower raises or none at all is somehow his fault?
Of course not, because that would have nothing to do with Obama. I can't believe you would suggest such a thing.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Quote:
Except the economy went to hell under Bush and Osama was caught under Obama.

"We own the economy and the recovery". -Debbie Wasserman Schultz

"The economy belongs to us, not Bush". Joe Biden, Vice President
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies