Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 02:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

Those on the Right are the reason this country continues to have problems. 2012 elections are about getting Republicans out of the way of progress. They rode into the 2008 elections on the back of 8 straight years of Bush Republican failure, sending this country into an economic free-fall. They then perpetuated that fall with obstructionists tactics. The result? 3 years after the entire free world let out a big sigh of relief at the departure of the worst president in history, we have been cursed by MORE BUSH.

"Trickle down" economics has never worked. Deregulation doesn't work. Small government doesn't work. Reduced taxes doesn't work. Warmongering doesn't work. Bigoted ideologies don't work. Cutting spending immediately after a Bush presidency hasn't worked. Outsourcing jobs to India in order to maximize profits hasn't worked. Shunning qualified American workers for foreign labor to maximize profits hasn't worked. The tea party branch of the GOP hasn't worked. Republicans in Congress have been disastrous for this country. A Republican governor in WI hasn't worked. A Republican governor in CA for 7 years never worked. Republican Presidents don't work. Republicans on the Supreme Court don't work. The Right stinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 03:04 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
My employer is wealthy.

He lives in West Bloomfield, MI, drives a MB and owns a business.

How is a poor person going to hire me?

If you want increased consumer demand quit devaluing the dollar with artificially low interest rates and deficit spending. Worthless money means broke consumers.
I suspect that you work for the business instead of him. Do you not see the difference. You did not read the article did you?

Old 10-10-2011, 03:06 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Excellent article to debunk the myths that I hear on CD daily from those on the right.

Rich People Create Jobs! | Mother Jones

"Mother Jones"?!?!

Right- everyone gets jobs from homeless people on crack, not rich people.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 PM

605 posts, read 705,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Those on the Right are the reason this country continues to have problems. 2012 elections are about getting Republicans out of the way of progress. They rode into the 2008 elections on the back of 8 straight years of Bush Republican failure, sending this country into an economic free-fall. They then perpetuated that fall with obstructionists tactics. The result? 3 years after the entire free world let out a big sigh of relief at the departure of the worst president in history, we have been cursed by MORE BUSH.

"Trickle down" economics has never worked. Deregulation doesn't work. Small government doesn't work. Reduced taxes doesn't work. Warmongering doesn't work. Bigoted ideologies don't work. Cutting spending immediately after a Bush presidency hasn't worked. Outsourcing jobs to India in order to maximize profits hasn't worked. Shunning qualified American workers for foreign labor to maximize profits hasn't worked. The tea party branch of the GOP hasn't worked. Republicans in Congress have been disastrous for this country. A Republican governor in WI hasn't worked. A Republican governor in CA for 7 years never worked. Republican Presidents don't work. Republicans on the Supreme Court don't work. The Right stinks.

But all I can picture are conservative lackeys with their fingers in their ears yelling "La la la la la!"

Old 10-10-2011, 03:10 PM

605 posts, read 705,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
My employer is wealthy.

He lives in West Bloomfield, MI, drives a MB and owns a business.

How is a poor person going to hire me?

If you want increased consumer demand quit devaluing the dollar with artificially low interest rates and deficit spending. Worthless money means broke consumers.
Let me ask you something... why do you think your employer is still able to employ you? What would happen if his business suddenly lost a huge portion of his customers?

Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1TTYZAEBzU&feature=related

Does this **** you off?

Last edited by highcotton; 10-10-2011 at 03:29 PM..

Old 10-10-2011, 03:13 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"Mother Jones"?!?!

Right- everyone gets jobs from homeless people on crack, not rich people.
Does Bill Gates actually employ anyone? I mean he may have some house staff...big house, but other than that does he actually employ anyone.

Now Microsoft employees a lot of people, is microsoft the rich people you are talking about. Most employees are employed by small companies. I would venture to say that most owners of small companies are not rich, but then it depends on what you call rich.

I am not rich and I have employees. How is that possible?

Old 10-10-2011, 03:16 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

LOL Oh brother you make about as much sense as the loonie right wing neocons you are lamenting against. We had 8 years of Clinton too and he managed to repeal Glass Stegall and put NAFTA into affect. You REALLY wanna argue Democrats and the left are any better? Please don't make yourself look stupid. It would be embarrassing.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Try watching the video genius.

The Boston Tea Party was a direct assault against the East India Company which had the monopoly on tea and was threatening to put the mom and pop tea shops, trader, smugglers lol, out of business. The Tea Partiers were mad about the tax breaks and monopoly being created by the British government so you are partially right. Watch the video the guy is reading from a f'ing primary source by someone who was actually INVOLVED WITH THE PROTEST! Geez!

And this is exactly why I WOULDN"T repeat the 3rd grade as most of what I learned in my American K-12 public education has been a lie.

Hewes notes: "The [East India] Company received permission to transport tea, free of all duty, from Great Britain to America..." allowing it to wipe out New England-based tea wholesalers and mom-and-pop stores and take over the tea business in all of America. "Hence," wrote, "it was no longer the small vessels of private merchants, who went to vend tea for their own account in the ports of the colonies, but, on the contrary, ships of an enormous burthen, that transported immense quantities of this commodity ... The colonies were now arrived at the decisive moment when they must cast the dye, and determine their course ... "

George RT Hewes.............
American schools have failed so you go straight to the source, Youtube.

LOL. You just can't make this stuff up.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:27 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
American schools have failed so you go straight to the source, Youtube.

LOL. You just can't make this stuff up.
The source is not youtube genius. It's a journalist who just happens to work for the Russian Times reading an excerpt from a PRIMARY historical source regarding the real reason behind the Boston Tea Party. Do you understand the difference between primary and secondary historical sources? I see NO source under your little Historical Society article.

You can't get any more primary than reading excerpts from a book written by someone who was actually THERE and participated in the actual movement. I suggest you think outside your box and question what you have been taught in your life. Once you have the courage to lift that veil of ignorance and historical obscurity you will reveal the truth as it exists in reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies