Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Leon, the man I blame most for all our troubles was just re-elected to the Senate in 2010. That would be Harry Reid and we are stuck with him for another 5 years. Our only real hope is to put him in the minority by getting rid of his majority, the Dems. He managed to screw things up quite a bit when he was the Minority Floor Leader but has really done a job since then.

We save our nation only by making sure that Obama doesn't return.
Do you know any bad Congressmen coming up for re-election?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
Quote:
Not for me since you failed to put in Obama somewhere.

Did you lose your glasses today old man? Ummmmmmmmmm US politicians = EVERYONE including Presidents both present and past.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Do you know any bad Congressmen coming up for re-election?
Here is a list of all the Senators who will have to stand for re-election next year. I won't say that all of them are bad but plenty from both parties are there. Especially the RINOs and DINOs need to go.

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Statistics & Lists > Class I - Senators Whose Term of Service Expire in 2013

Old 10-12-2011, 12:47 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,733,294 times
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296124_10150341310297420_708702419_8016882_1884328 908_n.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-12-2011, 01:35 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
So, what are they going to occupy after winter sets in?

Old 10-12-2011, 02:16 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
My god do we really need another OWS thread? They are getting real old.

You are missing the entire point as usual as are most Americans. You don't clean an addict by sending him to detox with a bag full of needles and heroin. If you find yourself ass deep in alligators the first thing you do is drain the swamp. We have to get big money i.e. banks out of government. They have completely bought and paid for the US politicians. Our government is like a big group of junkies or alligators. We get the banks straightened out and we can clean up government. But we have to shut off the spicket of money, collusion, and revolving door politics. WallStreet is the first plae to start. Our politicians are like children.......we can yell at them all we want.......but sometimes you have to take away their toys in order for them to play nice.

Did I put it in simple enough terms for you? LMAO!
You can't just "drain the swamp".

You'd have the Environmental Polluters Act all over you.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
So, what are they going to occupy after winter sets in?
Lobbies, man!

Lobbies are warm.

Haven't you ever lobbied for comfort?

You just lob a bunch of protesters into the lobbies (That's where they belong).

That way, you can lobby Wall Street while Wall Street lobbies the Government.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:58 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Our government is like a big group of junkies or alligators. We get the banks straightened out and we can clean up government. But we have to shut off the spicket of money, collusion, and revolving door politics. WallStreet is the first plae to start.
We have a mechanism in place for ejecting politicians that we feel aren't doing their job. It's called "the election process."

Please define for us what mechanism you intend to use to "shut off the spicket[sic] of money, collusion, and revolving door politics" that "starts" with Wall Street.

As I see it, the tools are already there to deal with this problem. Government makes the laws, right? If you think that the people representing you are corrupt, throw them out and replace them with people that aren't. It takes two to tango - "evil corporations" can't "own" the government if the people that make up that government don't allow it.

The OWS crowd have some legitimate gripes (and a whole lot of illegitimate ones), but their anger is misdirected. They should be in front of the White House and the Capitol building, not on an island in New York.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Lobbies, man!

Lobbies are warm.

Haven't you ever lobbied for comfort?

You just lob a bunch of protesters into the lobbies (That's where they belong).

That way, you can lobby Wall Street while Wall Street lobbies the Government.
People are persons, too!

Old 10-12-2011, 11:10 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,769 times
Default THANK YOU..Dat's what

Quote:
Here is a list of all the Senators who will have to stand for re-election next year. I won't say that all of them are bad but plenty from both parties are there. Especially the RINOs and DINOs need to go.

U.S. Senate: Reference Home > Statistics & Lists > Class I - Senators Whose Term of Service Expire in 2013
..........thanks that's what I'm talking about. STILL NOT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR SOME?..........GO DOWN TO WALL STREET MAYBE THAT WILL CLEAR IT UP FER YA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies