Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Unlikely, these RWNJs won't give Obama credit for anything.
Isn't nice for you that you can see what others say to me and can't see what I say back to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 01:37 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am happy at the way our organizations that are formed to do that are working but I am not ready to blame Obama for all that. So far, he has proved that he can keep a secret since he was informed about all this in June.
You 'blamed'(credited) Bush for the same thing though...Bush was not good with secrets. He would have told everyone right away.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What would you suggest as proper in the mentioned event that won't be happening because of our investigative abilities? Talk to the topic when you get a chance and don't talk about things that haven't happened yet. Has The Won got all our troops out of Iraq in 3 years as he promised? Has he managed to end the Afghanistan thing? Maybe we best talk about what he does when his Iranian "friends" are involved, as they are in this one.
Sorry if I have offended you but I did answer the quote.

You know that all of the issues you have need to be done at an pace which will work. You might remember the mess in Vietnam and even though we left it was a mess in SE asia for a decade.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Of any Prez of late, Obama is the one I would count on if any type of Military involvement is required. It is very valuable to have a Commander in Chief with level headed thinking ability.
now that's funny!!
level headed thinking!!???
good grief!!
he could not punch his way out of a wet sack!!
but, thanks, I needed a laugh!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:41 PM

525 posts, read 899,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Did AG Holder announce Obama's next war in the press conference about the latest announced terror plot on US soil? Will Obama choose war in Iran?

Was the alleged terror plot an "act of war"? Have the stakes just been raised?
What do you mean the next war? Bush started the two wars we are in now did you forget 9/11 I say keep em all in check we will not be bullied by some oil rich countries. Maybe that's how you want it. If we don't fight now we will fight later. T^hat's okay there are plenty of real men who are willing to give and have gave their life for this country. Hey I know US is not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than most countries in the world because people died for our freedom our way of life.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Sorry if I have offended you but I did answer the quote.

You know that all of the issues you have need to be done at an pace which will work. You might remember the mess in Vietnam and even though we left it was a mess in SE asia for a decade.
When will you answer any one of my questions about The Won?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
What do you mean the next war? Bush started the two wars we are in now did you forget 9/11 I say keep em all in check we will not be bullied by some oil rich countries. Maybe that's how you want it. If we don't fight now we will fight later. T^hat's okay there are plenty of real men who are willing to give and have gave their life for this country. Hey I know US is not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than most countries in the world because people died for our freedom our way of life.
While we are at historical things let me ask you if you know who sent the first "unarmed" troops into Vietanam? Who was the first to escalate that into a real war? Who escalated it even further without knowing what he was doing? Then who failed to clean it up after that second escalator withdrew from the job?

You are so right about fighting now or having to do it later. However, when you say that maybe you ought to take the same attitude for Bush and those two wars that Obama promised to end and hasn't. Lets stop politicizing all these things and try to look at them realistically.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Care to address the thread topic of Iran and the Obama administration?

Old 10-11-2011, 01:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
now that's funny!!
level headed thinking!!???
good grief!!
he could not punch his way out of a wet sack!!
but, thanks, I needed a laugh!
He can't not be laughing when he types that kind of kool-aid inspired lunacy.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:52 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Of any Prez of late, Obama is the one I would count on if any type of Military involvement is required. It is very valuable to have a Commander in Chief with level headed thinking ability.

What? Being one of the endless line of War-Monger Presidents who start a new war every time the Military-Industrial Complex wants another hundred billions in its coffers, is about as far away from "level headed thinking ability" as I can imagine.

Why are we in war in Libya? Even the most spendthrift liberal must understand we can't wage war in every single nation on earth that we don't like.

What happened to a war lasting "days, not weeks?" What happened to all campaign-Obama's criticism of Bush's idiotic War-Mongering as the economy failed?

What about starting wars after getting "permission" from Europe, while IGNORING Congressional approval? Even NOW, Obama won't comply by our laws in his "Pet War" in Libya.

How about continued massive government spending at a rate where 40% is BORROWED MONEY? Over $16 trillion in debt today and much more to come, burdening an economy that has NO productive economic engine, and has been GUTTED of jobs, is "level headed thinking"?

And is CURRENCY DEVALUATION really an intelligent way to deal with massive government overspending and over-borrowing? By devaluing the dollar, EVERY SINGLE American is robbed by a "stealth tax" that takes away the earning power of the wages, savings, investments, etc. The dollar has lost 40% in just the last 10 years. Combined with wage stagnation since the 1970s, in effect the ENTIRE workforce has been not only gutted of jobs, but has been working more and earning far less.

These are policies of a "level headed leader"? These are the policies the terrorists themselves would use if they got into power here! These are policies that reduce the greatest nation on earth to SCORCHED ASHES. And this is the nation we are leaving our children and grandchildren.

A REAL level headed thinking President would ask himself: "Can we afford to continue waging multiple, pointless, unwinnable wars overseas, when we are facing national bankruptcy loading hundreds of thousands of dollars of government debt on our children and grandchildren?"

The destruction of America from 1980 to today will go down in world history as the FASTEST and most TOTAL destruction of a nation and an economy and a prosperous Middle Class. And we have only our OWN leaders to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies