Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 PM

15,701 posts, read 16,969,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Sounds like you'd enjoy living in China or perhaps Iran, you know some place where the leaders can just dictate what they think is "best" for the country and not bother with those pesky citizens who have a different view of what is "best" for the country.
You mean like having a country of the few... very, very rich......and all of the rest.... very, very poor.........no middle class whatsoever........hmmmm......isn't that what the Republicans are striving for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You mean like having a country of the few... very, very rich......and all of the rest.... very, very poor.........no middle class whatsoever........hmmmm......isn't that what the Republicans are striving for?
Link ? What country would that be because what you describe is NOT the US today.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,798,528 times
Quote:
Before spewing nonsense better explain to us why the democrats prefer tyranny to democracy.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:40 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,183,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Obama Tells Advisers To Find How To Approve Stimulus Projects "Without Congressional Authorization"

Can you believe this clown and his idiotic, radical, left-wing agenda?
Given that many Republican presidents in the past have had or endorsed the same programs, I'm not sure how this is a radical, left-wing agenda. The statement about it is idiotic though.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,828,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
... so going around them is the best option.
This is not a ditctatorship. It's people like you that really scare me.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,154,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
The sad thing is that RealClearPolitics is a credible site, or at least much more so than CNN or MSNBC or Fox.

I saw this very thing on Fox today and then I saw it on Beck's site. Maybe they are more credible than so many think they are.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Given that many Republican presidents in the past have had or endorsed the same programs, I'm not sure how this is a radical, left-wing agenda. The statement about it is idiotic though.
And what spending bills got passed by a Republican President who bypassed Congress ?

Old 10-12-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Republicans don't want to see unemployment come down, so going around them is the best option.
Have you read anything in the Constitution of the United States that says the President can legislate without Congress being involved? If so why don't you point out where that part is?

Is there a chance that you agree with Obama about the Constitution being a stumbling block for what he wants to do? I believe that has you pegged.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
IF this is what he is doing, I applaud him for it and I hope he is successful.

The Republican's would rather see this country go down in flames than see the Obama/Democrat administration succeed. I am disgusted with the way the Republicans are holding this country hostage for their own party line agenda.....it is outright disgusting and anti-American.
You don't know that there are parts of Obama's law that the Republicans will vote for, do you?

Do you know what the Constitution says about legislating laws? No? Well it calls for the President to ask for things, then the Congress writes the bills and after debate and looking the things they get together and pass the bill so he can sign it into law. Not one word in that document calls for the President to write the bills and then demand passage. Have you ever read any part of that Constitution that is standing in Obama's way these days? If you have it was either long ago and you forgot or you just didn't read much of it.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How is not voting for a second stimulous bad? Remember when that said stimulous would keep unemployment under 8%?? Nah of course you swooners don't.

Fact is this whole bill was written to get republicans to NOT vote for it. This is the game Obama is playing and you swooners eat it up like candy. Yeah but only HE cares about jobs. LOL. Of course he does when he's not hanging out with his basketball buddies on strike or out working on his putting or an elaborate trip to keep meechele from beeching at him.
I can't rep you so

Of course, they have never seen how well Stimulus 1 worked and surely can't see that he didn't want this bill passed. He wants to be able to blame the GOP for all the jobs that Stim 1 failed to create. The whole thing is absolutely political and not one thing else.

I loved hearing the clown talking to that group that is not even part of the government about going around Congress. Too bad left leaners can't see what is going on, but they can't see anything they don't want to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies