Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,517,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The BIG difference is Bush didn't do it while being President. If Obama does drink on big deal, but he's a role model to many children. The problem our country has with alcohol and domestic violence doesn't help the cause, when our President is out there drinking it up like a good olé boy.

It must be okay to be a "good olé boy", as long as your not from the right!!

How do you know it's not Odulles???

Just because one drinks a beer, that does not make them a poor role model.

The issue with domestic violence isn't valid in this thread. Nor anything to do with the "good 'ole boys".

Good grief, if he wasn't out there talking with average ordinary people, the same people who are whining about him drinking a beer with these guys would be whining that he is out of touch and doesn't "mingle" with the plain folk.

At the end of each day,it is up to the parents of these children to teach them right from wrong. After all the righties say it is all about "personal responsibility".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How do you know it's not Odulles???
the bottle is in front of the glass ( and there are photos of bush pouring it into the glass and drinking ). it's not o'doul's, kaliber or any other NA beer i know of.

do i care? no. if i was a close personal friend of W i'd care because of his history with alcoholism. but as joe blow average citizen....... it doesn't affect me.

i agree with all the other posters ( from across the political spectrum ) that to hint at alcoholism because of 5 beers over 3 years is just silly and petty.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Anyone who would purport that Obama has only had five beers in three years and expect to be taken seriously is truly out of touch with reality. But hey, I know that liberals want to normalize the addictions of their POTUS! Winning!

More on the taxpayer funded stimulus project Barak Obama Parkway:

Michelle Malkin » ‘Pres. Barack Obama Parkway’ Opens in Orlando

Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Anyone who would purport that Obama has only had five beers in three years and expect to be taken seriously is truly out of touch with reality.
not a single person on this thread, regardless of where they are on the political spectrum, has made that claim. i have no idea what the alcohol consumption of this or any other president has been ( as we've seen not even W abstained 100% ).

you are the one making the accusation "Is our POTUS an alcoholic? He sure does like to drink a lot of beer!" based solely on the 5 beers in 3 years.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Anyone who would purport that Obama has only had five beers in three years and expect to be taken seriously is truly out of touch with reality. But hey, I know that liberals want to normalize the addictions of their POTUS! Winning!

More on the taxpayer funded stimulus project Barak Obama Parkway:

Michelle Malkin » ‘Pres. Barack Obama Parkway’ Opens in Orlando

OK, since you're so in touch with reality, tell us how many beers the Pres *has* had since taking office.

Lordy, I thought you were better than this, MOgal.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
Does this mean parents are not allowed to drink a glass of wine or a beer when their children are around? Parents are role models, too. Your last sentence shows that you are biased. I don't care if a politician has a drink once in a while.
Parents are quite different than a President. If parents are irresponsible with drinking and there children see this it can make children be alcoholics. I've seen enough alcoholism in my family and what it's done to single moms and families, mostly men. I'm not an advocate for drinking. I would rather be in a room full of pot smokers, than drinkers any day..........just my opinion..................

I also wouldn't be in an area, where children would see me abusing anything.

This is the problem with society we don't value our kids or except them to not be corrupted. Biased, your funny, I live around good olé boys and sometimes hang out with them. I'm not a city girl, by any means.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:29 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the bottle is in front of the glass ( and there are photos of bush pouring it into the glass and drinking ). it's not o'doul's, kaliber or any other NA beer i know of.

do i care? no. if i was a close personal friend of W I'd care because of his history with alcoholism. but as joe blow average citizen....... it doesn't affect me.

i agree with all the other posters ( from across the political spectrum ) that to hint at alcoholism because of 5 beers over 3 years is just silly and petty.
Actually, that was a comment, because Katina said one pic from Obama, might have been coke!! You know what's good for the goose, is good for the .........

I don't believe he has a problem. It's just alcohol is not the best thing to be pushing in a society where unemployment is exploding and alcohol sale is on the raise. Divorce's usually happen from one spouse or both having alcohol problems. Alcohol causes money issues, so many problems to an average person in the real world.

The President is the highest office in the land. With the problems of men and alcohol abuse, I'd think he would associate his public drinking with this and not be seen drinking in public. If he drinks where camera's are not rolling, have at it. The same for President Bush. I don't want my politicians acting like I do. Not that I'm against him having a few beers or a lot for that manner, on his own time.

Kids do what adults do, we are raising a nation of "whiners" and drinking problems come with that.

I mean come on they want fries out of school, but don't mind kids seeing a photo of President Obama having a beer with dad or grandpa. It's the idea instilled in the child. Those early impressions..................

Old 10-13-2011, 02:53 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I think he is. You don't want to think so because you're consumed with this weird hatred for the president that I don't get. I think it's interesting that you seem to enjoy engaging in character assassination and whisper campaigning when you haven't even met the man. Oh, and what did you think about George Bush's rough history with alcohol?
You might just want to pay a little attention to the destruction he has done to our nation with his corruption, before you say he is a decent guy...
There is nothing decent about that man.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
baby bush was a drunk too...
too, implying you DO think obama is a drunk...?

Old 10-13-2011, 02:57 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,289 times
Quote:
Is our POTUS an alcoholic? He sure does like to drink a lot of beer!

Obama raises campaign cash in Orlando as jobs bill stalls in Senate

Gee...do you think they are union members?

Of course Orlando just spent $10.5 million/mile on the new Barak Obama Parkway which amounted to 150 jobs in phase one of its construction. Do the math.

Orlando Unveils Barack Obama Parkway - Traffic News Story - WKMG Orlando (http://www.clickorlando.com/traffic/29448416/detail.html - broken link)
Wow, I missed both of these stories.

They seriously named a parkway after this guy? They should've called it "The Road to Nowhere".

That fact that HE sat down and had a beer with unemployed labors just tells me we need a new book after he leaves office. "The Audacity of NOPE" tm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies