Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2011, 03:44 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,772,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
If your tax liability is negative you got more than you paid which means you paid nothing and took some from someone else that did actually pay.

No amount of spin can change a negative tax liability.
Then the fastest-growing segment of the population that is paying nothing and taking from someone are the solid middle class people earning between $75,000 and $100,000. Get back to me when the representatives elected by the Tea Party in the House of Representatives (where tax legislation must originate) decide they are for tax revision legislation that will remove the deductions that allow people earning $75,000-$100,000 to have a negative tax liability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 04:21 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,821,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I think Waldim did a good job debunking that.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-most-pay.html

You are part of the 99% though. Welcome aboard.
Wrong again.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:33 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,919,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Says who?

Flat tax. It's the exact same rate on everyone. It impacts everyone at an equitable rate, even though some pay MUCH more than others.

If we really wanted to be "fair," everyone would share the cost equally and the US Government would collect a capitation tax (head tax). Everyone would pay the exact same share of the costs.
I would love to see a head tax, all though it would absolutely murder me more than taxes already do. I want to see it so these complete and utter fools can see how large government has grown. I want EVERYONE to feel the pain of the size of government and its programs, its irresponsible management.

If they felt such, they wouldn't be so dang quick to run off to them pushing more and more taxes, more and more involvement, more and more power.

Seriously, these people need a kick to the head and only a true head tax will let them see their stupidity.

If you aren't for a head tax, you are a cheater, a liar, a thief, and a lazy slimy thug who expects other to pick up your bill.

Give us a DAMN head tax so these idiots can see the slavery they sold themselves into.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:35 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,265,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
What color is the sky in your world?
Beautiful and blue, with a view of the ocean, and the Coranado islands of course.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:40 PM

88,693 posts, read 44,457,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I would love to see a head tax, all though it would absolutely murder me more than taxes already do. I want to see it so these complete and utter fools can see how large government has grown. I want EVERYONE to feel the pain of the size of government and its programs, its irresponsible management.

If they felt such, they wouldn't be so dang quick to run off to them pushing more and more taxes, more and more involvement, more and more power.

Seriously, these people need a kick to the head and only a true head tax will let them see their stupidity.

If you aren't for a head tax, you are a cheater, a liar, a thief, and a lazy slimy thug who expects other to pick up your bill.

Give us a DAMN head tax so these idiots can see the slavery they sold themselves into.
Exactly my point!

Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,975,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"Those of us who pay for those of you who whine about all of that... or that... or whatever. "

We Are The 53%
The blog, kicked off by the conservative filmmaker Mike Wilson and blogger Erick Erickson of RedState.org, aims to be representative of the 53 percent of Americans who pay more in federal income taxes than they receive back in deductions or credits. The figure is based on a report from the non-partisan Tax Policy Center that said 47 percent of Americans did not pay federal income taxes in 2009, an unusually high percentage due to the fall in incomes resulting from the Great Recession.

The Americans who do not pay income taxes are those who are either so poor that they are exempt, or those that are the beneficiaries of tax breaks and deductions that cancel out their income tax payments.

Brilliant response to the spoiled white liberal slackers whining about not finding a six-figure job straight out of college.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:45 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,376,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post

It's sort of like liberals screaming about the rich paying taxes and then when they get their paycheck they immediate want to know who FICA and why he's taking their money. Nobody likes the taxes on their paychecks but one group doesn't care about

I like recommending someone work for a #1 company before they can vote for bigger government so they can truly see what red tape and erected walls are like to try and hurdle over to achieve their required goals in their company.

You need to sell 1,000 cars this year? That's fine but you have to do it naked, unshaved, drunk and high on crack and you can only sell turquoise cars.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:11 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,746,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"Those of us who pay for those of you who whine about all of that... or that... or whatever. "

We Are The 53%
I disagree that these people are the 53%. They're the people who have been hoodwinked by smoke and mirrors unable to discern the difference between organized crime and a legitimate business. Without any doubt they have worked hard. No doubt they believe upward mobility is possible because they got a few rungs ahead in the past. The fatal flaw in their thinking comes from their own warped relationship with authority believing they have to kiss the bosses behind to effectively serve. They announce it daily in their arguments. They have neither served capitalism, nor their company, nor their boss effectively. They've served the watering down of excellence as a new religion.

And there goes Colin Powell marching along in lockstep agreement when we most needed him to investigate the garden path we were being led down. There goes the GOP with a half arsed support of Ron Paul because it implicates their guilt. I respect and admire Powells commitment to serve, but he knows as well as the rest of us do he dropped the ball allowing party loyalty to override national loyalty. I cannot abide a coward pointing his bony finger of denial that rules the entire right wing.

Nope, not harping on spilled milk, but I'll be damned if I'll forgive anyone continuing on with criminal activity. I'm harping on aiding and abetting financial terrorists and denying they're doing it to the bitter end. The ostrich with his head in the sand deserves that boot to his butt. And they have. Every loan officer, every real estate agent, every faux corporation earning their living creating demand for military industrial complex product... all guilty. They did the bidding of Enron and thought they had a real job. They didn't, and their loyalty to the golden calf corporation trumped the best interest of their country only to turn around blaming all others on the globe stuck paying for their delusion. If they were sincere about defending the troops, they'd have to hold their own feet to the fire and educate themselves about the bigger picture beyond their immediate gratification mentalities.

53%, no you're not. You're not the independents who know first hand what it is they were dealing with once Pat Buchanan left the building.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM

773 posts, read 501,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How much should a minimum wage burger flipper pay in taxes?
Their fair share!

Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 PM

773 posts, read 501,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Try living on minimum wage and see how that works out for you.
I can
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies