Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:11 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times

Advertisements

...growing in the middle of nowhere, it reminds me of the old clips of cops from the prohibition era busting liquor barrels, emptying them into the streets. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol and it will never work for marijuana. This bust; Large marijuana operation uncovered in Obion County | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local won't change things. Take out 50K plants and another 75K will be planted on the same day. Spend billions in tax dollars trying to fight a losing battle, when they could be taxing the hell out of it and making a profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
...growing in the middle of nowhere, it reminds me of the old clips of cops from the prohibition era busting liquor barrels, emptying them into the streets. Prohibition didn't work for alcohol and it will never work for marijuana. This bust; Large marijuana operation uncovered in Obion County | WPSD Local 6 - News, Sports, Weather - Paducah KY | Local won't change things. Take out 50K plants and another 75K will be planted on the same day. Spend billions in tax dollars trying to fight a losing battle, when they could be taxing the hell out of it and making a profit.
Look, I agree with you. I think ALL drugs should be legal, but... the issue is we have a public that is stupid beyond belief.

Here is what I suggest.

First, we adjust ALL of our laws to respect PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY in EVERYTHING. That means, no more "I was high, I was drunk, I was on drugs, I didn't know what I was doing".

We first adjust all of our laws to respect individual responsiblity and it being the first and foremost aspect of our focus (within line of individual liberty) and then... you can make ANYTHING legal.

That way, when "dumb arse 01" goes ahead and says "umm, I was doing PCP, I was out of my mind, I didn't know any better", we can say sorry, you did it, ignorance of its use is not justification for a defense and the crimes you committed on it will be brought with the FULL sentence of the law. That is right, no pleas, no reductions, you get to be sentenced to the MAXIMUM of the law.

We do that, then you know what? I have NO problem with people doing whatever they desire. Not only that, but if we open up and focus on individual liberty as this pertains, when that drugged fool walks on to my property, I will put several holes in his head and well... It is perfectly legal... because well... He should have respected my individual liberties like I respected his to dope himself up like a fool.

Do that, and you have my vote. Do naught, and you can go to hell.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:25 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Part of the problem is that these crops are the plantings of Mexican drug cartels operating within the USA. At least, that was the case with a large crop in my town found within the past few months.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Part of the problem is that these crops are the plantings of Mexican drug cartels operating within the USA. At least, that was the case with a large crop in my town found within the past few months.
Sometimes that is the case. Keeping public space safe for the non-marijuana trading public is a big issue. I agree with Nomander about everything else.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:44 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
All natural state agricultural product should be legal by default.

Completely remove these things from the domain of the cops and the courts.
To the degree that any regulation is needed the USDA/FDA and County Extension Agents are fine.
---

While we're at it...
Re-medicalize the pharmaceutical and other synthesized variants.
Return their management to the Doctors ad Pharmacists.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

Just think of how many people would be out of a job, if they legalized all drugs. Big Pharma, would just be Pharma.

The war on drugs is a job creator.

Old 10-12-2011, 06:12 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just think of how many people would be out of a job, if they legalized all drugs. Big Pharma, would just be Pharma.

For the prison system. How many jobs have brewing companires created after prohibition was repealed???

Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:

The FDA has been issuing Big Pharma licenses for pot. Decriminalization is likely to follow once reclassification is achieved. Big Pharma will become Bigger Pharma once this is done and once they are able to wipe out the supplement industry.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:26 PM

29 posts, read 42,798 times
Quote:

The war on drugs is a cash cow for all levels of government.
The prison system and big government are the bigger growth segments of our economy. It's a real shame...

Old 10-25-2011, 02:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:

Last year the cops found about $50K worth of pot growing behind where I work! They were sticking it in our back parking lot, and needless to say all you smelled when you walked outside was pot! (I wish I could have grabbed a few buds off of them when they weren't looking, LOL!) What I wanted to say to the cops was "why don't you guys concentrate on the REAL criminals?" You know, like the violent types, murderers, rapists, ect... Of course my judgement got the better of me! But you're right, prohibition of alcohol didn't work, and it isn't working with marijuana either! It's time to end prohibition of pot once and for all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies