Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 03:07 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,514,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
And you failed, once more, to read her column because your side of things tell you to attack the messenger and never the message when the messenger is Ann Coulter or Rush Limbaugh.
I don't pick sides with Left or Right provocateurs, but that is all you do day in day out in this forum. I'm an independent thinker who can see past the BS on both sides, you cannot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 03:08 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Ann Coulter will eventually be left on the side of the road along with O'Reilly and Beck...The majority of folks in the US are in favor of these protests.

A new survey out from Time Magazine found that 54 percent of Americans have a favorable impression of the protests, while just 23 percent have a negative impression. An NBC/Wall Street Journal survey, meanwhile, found that 37 percent of respondents "tend to support" the movement, while only 18 percent "tend to oppose" it. Occupy Wall Street: More popular than you think - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Old 10-13-2011, 03:09 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,563 times
It amazes me that there are still cries of racism coming from democrats. Why? Because it is 'RACISM' to opppose Barrack Obama? it is 'RACISM' to criticize him?? How ridiculous!!

Blacks have MORE opportunity these days than whites do. Yet we NEVER can do enough for them...we can never HELP enough. Affirmative action...not enough. Just imagine if there were an all white organization allowed to thrive publicly like the NAACP...or a UNITED CAUCASIAN COLLEGE FUND. These things could NEVER happen because they would be considered RACISM. Yet the black organizations such as these are allowed to thrive.

The N word is something that ONLY BLACKS can use these days with impunity...there was even a town in Texas where a white person uttering that word would be arrested for a CRIME.

yet you pathetic a-hole democrats still go on and on about RACISM, and how those of us on the right HATE blacks....mostly to deflect the criticism that the man in the white house COMPLETELY deserves.

You all make me sick.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
It amazes me that there are still cries of racism coming from democrats. Why? Because it is 'RACISM' to opppose Barrack Obama? it is 'RACISM' to criticize him?? How ridiculous!!

Blacks have MORE opportunity these days than whites do. Yet we NEVER can do enough for them...we can never HELP enough. Affirmative action...not enough. Just imagine if there were an all white organization allowed to thrive publicly like the NAACP...or a UNITED CAUCASIAN COLLEGE FUND. These things could NEVER happen because they would be considered RACISM. Yet the black organizations such as these are allowed to thrive.

The N word is something that ONLY BLACKS can use these days with impunity...there was even a town in Texas where a white person uttering that word would be arrested for a CRIME.

yet you pathetic a-hole democrats still go on and on about RACISM, and how those of us on the right HATE blacks....mostly to deflect the criticism that the man in the white house COMPLETELY deserves.

You all make me sick.
Troll, much?

Old 10-13-2011, 03:12 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Ann Coulter - October 12, 2011 - WINGLESS, BLOODSUCKING AND PARASITIC: MEET THE FLEA PARTY!

It's too bad so much of this history is not taught in schools today but considering who controls the schools, it is really not surprising.
"If Richard Nixon had won the 1960 election instead of John F. Kennedy -- as some say he did -- there never would have been a need for Rosa Parks, the Freedom Rides and the rest of the civil disobedience of the civil rights movement."

One of the reasons VP Nixon lost the 1960 election was his unwillingness to assist Dr. King Jr. when he was arrested shortly before the election. The John and Robert Kennedy did and they picked up a lot of votes for there efforts.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is a reason MLK and his entire family, were lifetime Republicans.
Who started voting for Democrats because of the inaction of VP Nixon in 1960.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:31 PM

If Richard Nixon had won the 1960 election instead of John F. Kennedy -- as some say he did -- there never would have been a need for Rosa Parks, the Freedom Rides and the rest of the civil disobedience of the civil rights movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

On December 1, 1955 in Montgomery, Alabama, Parks, age 42, refused to obey bus driver James Blake's order that she give up her seat to make room for a white passenger. Parks' action was not the first of its kind to impact the civil rights issue, and there had been others, including Lizzie Jennings in 1854, Homer Plessy in 1892, Irene Morgan in 1946, Sarah Louise Keys in 1955 and Claudette Colvin, on the same bus system nine months before Parks, who had taken similar steps. But Parks' civil disobedience had the effect of sparking the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

I'm thinking that the incident with Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott occurred during the Republican Eisenhower administration.

Old 10-13-2011, 04:48 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,582,900 times
Talking Ann Coulter's remarks on OWS mobs and civil rights movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Ann Coulter - October 12, 2011 - WINGLESS, BLOODSUCKING AND PARASITIC: MEET THE FLEA PARTY!

It's too bad so much of this history is not taught in schools today but considering who controls the schools, it is really not surprising.

Who cares what that anorexic blabbermouth says?

She's entirely predictable. Her silly statements have always been nothing more than radical right nonsense. Anyone giving her comments any credibility is beyond naive.

Old 10-13-2011, 05:03 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I was talking more about his other domestic policies...the homestead act, land grant colleges, an income tax, a department of education, public education in general. I would have been a proud Republican in, say 1860 (hence my title under my name). Not so today

I have read and listened to Ann Coulter quite a bit in the past, and have made it a policy not to read anything else by that woman again. I don't attack all messengers. Ann Coulter is a messenger worth attacking because of what I said in my previous post about her. She makes it her career to foment hate, which, in my mind puts her in one of the worst category of people. People like her are a source of what's wrong with political discourse in this country and the more she is ignored and shrugged off, the better.

My advice: find new conservative heroes. They're out there...somewhere.
Lincoln's GOP was itself was not a monolith you had 'Radical Republicans" who wanted the immediate cessation of slavery and moderate and Conservative Republicans embodied by Lincoln who had no problem with slavery just its spread.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Republicans are not for the rule of law? That's what Lincoln was for he was not against slavery per se and he certainly was not enamored with Black people in the sense that he viewed them as equals. Not in the beginning at least.
So what? Republicans aren't enamored of black people even now, so what's the big deal.

Bottom line, the Republican and Democratic parties are not the same ideologically as they were 50 years ago. To act as if present day Republicans would be pro-Civil Rights is dishonest and a load of bull. Present day Conservatives hate the CRA, and only throw Dr. Kings name into the conversation because he's safe in his grave. If he were alive, they'd be using the same adjectives for him that they use for Sharpton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies