Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 08:32 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You had Americans of all political spectrum's admiring Jobs for his contributions to society even though his father is of Muslim decent.

Obama, not so much...

Of course you could make the contrast of the lives that were led by the fathers but that wasn't the point.
Ok, I see what you are saying now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 11:42 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
You can say the little corporol with the dynamic oratory was "Insanely Great!" Sorry I couldn't resist that.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
That is a terrible argument.

The lesson or moral here is Jobs was GIVEN A CHANCE!!!!!!!! Give them at least a chance to LIVE and grow and a CHANCE to make decisions and possibly contribute to society.

There are many more prominant adopted people than Mr. Jobs, Clinton, Moses, Jesus, Gerald Ford, Nelson Mandela. There are also many that chose another path, Ted Bundy, Bianchi, Berkowitz, Wuornos. If you ad those that were orphaned you will pick up the likes of Manson, Dahmer and others. While one might argue that adoption gives people a chance, it can go both ways as to what they will contribute.

http://www.myusm.com/usm285370.html?t=Discussion

And you dare compare this to people on death row? Those put to death CHOSE their path in life. They had a chance and failed. Thats on them.

You sure about that? what about all those that were innocent?

What is so damn hard about giving the unborn at least a chance? The same chance you had. The same chance anyone else has had. Why is that so friggin difficult to understand?
What's so difficult to understand that not all souls choose the same path? Even in death there is a learning process? I say simply it is a choice the couple needs to arrive at and for whatever their reasons I don't second guess them. Some will make a bad choice, some the right choice, in either case it simply isn't mine to make for them.

Why do people spend so much time investing in the unborn and so little with those that " got the chance" Just how many have you adopted? Why do Some think they know what's best for others?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:36 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
Mentioning Hitler on the first page..oh internet discussions... it always leads to hitler

Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
Mentioning Hitler on the first page..oh internet discussions... it always leads to hitler
I mentioned Charles Manson and death row prisoners. Do I get a cookie?

Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
I still believe that making abortion illegal would create FAR more criminals in the world than geniuses like Steve Jobs.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:24 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I mentioned Charles Manson and death row prisoners. Do I get a cookie?

No, you get a goose from the rubber duck just like Groucho did to his guests on his famous TV show 50 years ago.

Old 10-16-2011, 02:28 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Steve Jobs is why adoption is preferable to murder

Steve Jobs: adopted child who never met his biological father - Telegraph
Well, Jeffrey Dahmer's parents, didn't opt for abortion.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:24 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No I think people who say "well most kids are not going to turn out to be Steve Jobs so its ok to slaughter them" are nazis.
Proving you missed the point.

To make an anti abortion argument based on 1 persons contribution is silly. One could use the same logic and say think of the Ted Bundy's that have been prevented by abortion.

Pointing out the absurdity does not in any way affiliate me to a Nazi, not as much as someone trying to stomp out dissent.....

I think the choice of abortion is a personal one and need not be dealt with with the government trying to legislate what is right for a couple.

Don't like abortion... don't have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies