Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-14-2011, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,481 posts, read 10,178,966 times
Reputation: 2535

Advertisements

Steve Jobs is why adoption is preferable to murder

Steve Jobs: adopted child who never met his biological father - Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-14-2011, 07:50 AM
 
Location: Orlando
8,274 posts, read 12,804,663 times
Reputation: 4136
This is a ludicrous assumption. not all adopted kids will make similar contributions.

The choice some women make may preempt such a person but it may still be the right choice for those women and men involved. It just isn't for the rest of the world to make an assumption they know whats best for them.

The same argument could be made for people put to death... they may have made a better contribution if given the chance..... do you want to take that chance?

We live in a world where largely people don't live up to their potential. Perhaps your efforts would be best to focus on the living, like the children that don't get adopted and helping them reach their potential.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 07:53 AM
 
Location: Florida
23,153 posts, read 26,038,809 times
Reputation: 27877
This tired old argument again?
Isn't there a list somewhere that shows how many people would have been better off aborted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 07:56 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,481 posts, read 10,178,966 times
Reputation: 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
This is a ludicrous assumption. not all adopted kids will make similar contributions.

The choice some women make may preempt such a person but it may still be the right choice for those women and men involved. It just isn't for the rest of the world to make an assumption they know whats best for them.

The same argument could be made for people put to death... they may have made a better contribution if given the chance..... do you want to take that chance?

We live in a world where largely people don't live up to their potential. Perhaps your efforts would be best to focus on the living, like the children that don't get adopted and helping them reach their potential.
The point is you do not knwo which one will be a steve jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 07:57 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,481 posts, read 10,178,966 times
Reputation: 2535
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
This tired old argument again?
Isn't there a list somewhere that shows how many people would have been better off aborted?
As long as you prefer killing to life. Are you happy you were not aborted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,227 posts, read 11,095,039 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
This is a ludicrous assumption. not all adopted kids will make similar contributions.
Yes lets kill all the undesirables. The Fuhrer would be proud of you.
The choice some women make may preempt such a person but it may still be the right choice for those women and men involved. It just isn't for the rest of the world to make an assumption they know whats best for them. When are men ever envoled in a decision like this, unless the women wants to hit the man up for child support and keeps the baby.

The same argument could be made for people put to death... they may have made a better contribution if given the chance..... do you want to take that chance?

We live in a world where largely people don't live up to their potential. Perhaps your efforts would be best to focus on the living, like the children that don't get adopted and helping them reach their potential.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 08:22 AM
 
5,036 posts, read 5,115,415 times
Reputation: 2356
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
This is a ludicrous assumption. not all adopted kids will make similar contributions.

The choice some women make may preempt such a person but it may still be the right choice for those women and men involved. It just isn't for the rest of the world to make an assumption they know whats best for them.

The same argument could be made for people put to death... they may have made a better contribution if given the chance..... do you want to take that chance?

We live in a world where largely people don't live up to their potential. Perhaps your efforts would be best to focus on the living, like the children that don't get adopted and helping them reach their potential.
That is a terrible argument.

The lesson or moral here is Jobs was GIVEN A CHANCE!!!!!!!! Give them at least a chance to LIVE and grow and a CHANCE to make decisions and possibly contribute to society.

And you dare compare this to people on death row? Those put to death CHOSE their path in life. They had a chance and failed. Thats on them.

What is so damn hard about giving the unborn at least a chance? The same chance you had. The same chance anyone else has had. Why is that so friggin difficult to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth Texas
12,481 posts, read 10,178,966 times
Reputation: 2535
so you think steve jobs is hitler?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 08:33 AM
 
Location: Europe
2,735 posts, read 2,453,898 times
Reputation: 639
Why is Steve Jobs considered more important than other people?
If Hitler's parents decided to abort him, millions of people would have not lost their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-14-2011, 08:33 AM
 
10,793 posts, read 13,490,378 times
Reputation: 6188
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
That is a terrible argument.

The lesson or moral here is Jobs was GIVEN A CHANCE!!!!!!!! Give them at least a chance to LIVE and grow and a CHANCE to make decisions and possibly contribute to society.

And you dare compare this to people on death row? Those put to death CHOSE their path in life. They had a chance and failed. Thats on them.

What is so damn hard about giving the unborn at least a chance? The same chance you had. The same chance anyone else has had. Why is that so friggin difficult to understand?
BRAVO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top