Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 10:36 PM

268 posts, read 241,275 times

Advertisements

I didn't know Cops rode Scooters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 10:44 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Road apples get run over all the time.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:02 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
That's what happens to trash in the streets. Sometimes it get run over.

If this idiot was really dedicated to his cause he would have launched his whole body in front of the scooter. Oh well just another POS to scrape off the street.
Thank you for sharing your intelligence with all of us.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:04 AM

108 posts, read 198,920 times
I don't know which sickened me worse, the cop who ran over a guy, then viciously beat him so badly that even the other cops knew to take him to the emergency room, or the callous and ugly comments about it here.

Let me tell you something people about pain. I served six years in the army, and was a combat medic. I HAVE HEARD THOSE SOUNDS COME OUT OF A HUMAN BEING, AND THEY ARE THE SOUNDS OF A MAN IN AGONY.

To have ya'll JOKING about this, well, I am beyond disgusted, I am appalled.

Is this what America has come to???? Are the things that divide us so stark and wide that anyone who has a different opinion, who leans to one end of the political spectrum instead of another, has human beings JOKING ABOUT THE SUFFERING AND AGONY OF ANOTHER HUMAN BEING???

I understand that those who lean to the right have a low opinion of people that feel so strongly about the corruption and greed of the corporate machine and the way they have all but bought our government with lobbyists and pacs and other ways of bringing money to the table that they decided to stand up about it and exercise their constitutional rights by protesting and demonstrating in the streets, but I didn't think that the insults and derogatory comments would stoop so low as to laugh at another human being in pain, and act like he is less than human because of it.

I don't care if someone is a "dirty hippie" or a "filthy teabagger", if they are in pain, if they are being attacked in that fashion by someone who is supposed to UPHOLD THE LAW NOT PLACE HIMSELF ABOVE IT, then something is really, really wrong here. That cop LOST CONTROL..and abused his authority. I don't care if he was irritated or couldn't stand the marchers, WHAT HE DID WAS WRONG, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

I would go so far as to say it was evil...and some of the comments here...well, yeah, they were vile and despicable too, almost as vile as what was done to him.

I hope he loses his badge. I hope he does time for it. Only I know that the best I can hope for is that the man who was hurt doesn't have permanent injuries because of it.

And you can think that a power mad thug wearing a badge is an okay thing, that people have no right to stand up for what they believe in and voice their beliefs and work for change, but that is not what I served my time in the Army for..I served because I believed (and most of the time still do) that this is the finest country in the world, that we have the right to demonstrate and speak up, and that in the end, no matter what, we are all still AMERICANS, ONE AND ALL, AGREE OR DISAGREE.

But after reading this thread..I don't know...I just don't know. man..

go ahead, make fun of me, I could give a ****. I just hope that maybe..just maybe..there might be one or two of you that might just read this and think about what they believe in..because I'm pretty sure that people that are on the right and don't agree with the demonstrators, still are mostly "Christian", or at least they say they are, and I was raised Christian too, and my parents were Christians, but they weren't hypocrites, they truly practiced what they preached, in every sense of the word, and they would NEVER have made such disgusting comments about another human being in pain, no matter what they might have thought of him personally, or whether they would have agreed with his stance or not...
and whether I have a "right" to do so or not, I am calling out everyone who did so and asking them if they consider themselves Christians to ask themselves what Jesus would think of those comments...

When I heard the sound he was making I KNEW THAT SOUND, I HAVE HEARD THAT SOUND, AND THERE WASN'T ANYTHING "FAKE" ABOUT IT, and you can take THAT to the bank, this is from someone that knows what the hell they are talking about.

and thank you. I wasn't going to get involved in any kind of marches or protests, and still wasn't even after seeing and hearing what I saw and heard. BUT IT WAS THE COMMENTS BY SOME HERE THAT MADE ME CHANGE MY MIND.

I am going to go occupy my own city tomorrow, and I have you sick people who have such narrow vision that anyone who doesn't think like them deserves whatever they get to thank for it. I will be there just in case some other cops decide to attack people, and I will be there to do what I did when I served....to give aid if they need it, and to stand up against sick monsters who think that anyone not "of them" doesn't deserve to be treated like a human being.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:38 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,817 times
Sorry Jess, but he comes off as one of those people that gets into a fender bender.. gets out of the car and screams Ohhh my neck and my back!! ohhh i think im paralyzed!!

Old 10-15-2011, 01:24 AM

108 posts, read 198,920 times
Have you seen his medical records? Do you know what his injuries actually are? Is it possible to reserve judgement until then? Or if you find out he has broken legs and concussions and from what I saw of his face, possibly a broken nose as well as other injuries from this would you feel at all bad for laughing at him??? Because like I said, I KNOW what I heard, the sounds of people in genuine pain from real injuries is something I have first hand experience in.

Or will you continue to view him as just something less than human because he has a different view of things that you? Having an opinion on something is no reason to get run over and beaten, and no matter how frustrated or annoyed you might be at the marchers and demonstrators, I hope you can see that.

Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly is meant for everyone, not just people we agree with. The constitution was written for him too. And yes, it was written for you, and you have a right to speak your piece, of course.

I am just asking to maybe think about showing a little humanity and compassion, and if not that, at least not laugh at and mock someone because they got hurt. That is the kind of thing that sociopaths do, get their rocks off and laugh at those in pain. It's pretty twisted, if you ask me, but then again, I have seen more than my fill of it, and am sick of it...

I know..just because I am sick of it doesn't mean it will end....I just wonder if any of those who thought it was so funny have kids, and if they do, if they say things like that not just on a message board forum, but in front of their kids, and what kind of lessons they are teaching them about what kind of person to be. Now I know where bullies come from..where they are raised..they are raised by people that laugh at the misfortune and pain of others, and think it is funny. Those are the kids that learn the lessons their parents teach and learn it well and who make some poor kids life a living hell tormenting them, sometimes to the point of driving them to suicide.

I watch that Anderson Cooper special the other night on bullying and wondered at these little monsters who torment a kid to the brink and beyond and what kind of parents raise monsters like that...

now I think I know.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:46 AM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
No, they're all Commies.
No, they don't have the fortitude or forethought, much less the will power to even try that.....

Old 10-15-2011, 07:08 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessme2 View Post
I HAVE HEARD THOSE SOUNDS COME OUT OF A HUMAN BEING, AND THEY ARE THE SOUNDS OF A MAN IN AGONY.

Did one of the Taliban bump someone at 2MPH with his Vespa?

That sound you are hearing is the mating call of the North American Ambulance Chaser.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:10 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,626 times
yeah the bike cop was a douche

Old 10-15-2011, 08:38 AM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman0 View Post
yeah the bike cop was a douche
What do you think is going to happen, he was in the middle of a Busy street, and wasn't on the crosswalk, hes practicly asking to get run over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies