Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,738,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
You people forget something very very important... the reason the government recognizes straight marriage is because it benefits from the marriage. The state doesn't benefit from gay marriage. The state isn't in the business of "being nice." It's in the business of protecting the welfare of the overall population.
Really? And just what "benefits" does the state gain from heterosexual marriages that it wouldn't also gain from the marriage of my gay or lesbian friends? And how does preventing same sex marriage "protect" the welfare of the overall population? If you're going to make statements like this, you have to back them up in some way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
YES! Amen brother!!! It's not Obama's right to decide the constitutionality of anything. And the Supreme Court has ALREADY deemed DOMA to be constitutional.
Really? And when was this? Please name the case along with the date. You might want to provide a link to this info also.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
then why let older hets marry?, why let retarded ppl marry? then why let convicts marry? why let barren women marry?
Not to mention the simple fact that marriage is not a "requirement" for pregnancy and birth. Neither legally nor biologically.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Actually, the propagation of humanity is but one reason. There are many other reasons...

Remember, the SUPREME COURT said this.
Then PROVE it! Name the case and provide a link!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Check this out:

ALLEN KEYES on gay marriage - YouTube

Brilliant. Alan Keyes is brilliant.

Look at the difference between "in principle" and "incidental". Marriage between two elderly people is incidentally sterile but marriage between two men or two women is IN PRINCIPLE sterile.
I disagree -
Alan Keyes is an idiot!

Old 10-16-2011, 05:15 PM

22,110 posts, read 19,321,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
I disagree -
Alan Keyes is an idiot!
It really gets pathetic when those against Gay Marriage need to use the arguments of someone who is so full of extremist hate that he disowned his own daughter because she was a lesbian.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:13 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,542,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Then PROVE it! Name the case and provide a link!
Uh... !@!@7 I DID give you a frikkin link. Do you admit defeat now?

Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Oh really........well show your fellow posters the statistics that gay marriage causes job losses...what a ridiculous statement and NOT from a homophobic organization like N.O.M.

I'm sick and tired of the religious crap....it's clearly stated the state shall sponsor nor inhibit any religion! That's pretty plain to me and the majority of educated Americans.

Case Closed.
Left of the Hudson: NY Town Clerk refuses to sign same-sex marriage certificates

The state forcing a county clerk to sign a marriage certificate she can't sign for religious reasons is infringing on her first amendment rights.

And why can't I post a link from NOM? What if it's the same story??? Like it is?

You KNOW about this story or you wouldn't have said that I "can't" post from NOM. So, once again. Proof given. Will YOU admit defeat too?

Old 10-16-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Your posts are extremely homophobic....anyone still ranting about gays being mentally disturbed is uneducated and obviously not willing to read the scientific literature....that proves them wrong.
Next time try reading the post before you respond to it okay? You just wasted all of that time writing this post because it's in the trash right now. I didn't need to read any further than this sentence because it's clear that you didn't read my post.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:23 PM

22,110 posts, read 19,321,019 times
Quote:
Left of the Hudson: NY Town Clerk refuses to sign same-sex marriage certificates

The state forcing a county clerk to sign a marriage certificate she can't sign for religious reasons is infringing on her first amendment rights.

And why can't I post a link from NOM? What if it's the same story??? Like it is?

You KNOW about this story or you wouldn't have said that I "can't" post from NOM. So, once again. Proof given. Will YOU admit defeat too?
No that is not proof/ Its called someone who doesn't want to follow the law. The 1st Amendment doesn't mean you can break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies