Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 03:22 PM

20,395 posts, read 12,295,051 times

Advertisements

I like Indian people. their food aint bad either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 03:39 PM

52,212 posts, read 33,986,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I like Indian people. their food aint bad either.
same here. one of my favorite nationalities.

i guess we will disappoint the OP by failing to 'squirm.'

Old 10-18-2011, 03:45 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,172,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
Jobs are not a birthright. They should go to the most qualified person regardless of citizenship. This a much smaller planet, get used to it.

Nobody deserves safe shelter and food unless they slave for people who have stolen the land and resources? I will never get used to it. Problem is, greed and corruption are destroying the earth and the people living on it, so now we are having a worldwide revolution, so the authorities can redistribute the wealth. Nobody did the right thing. This outcome was inevitable. I think many people on all sides are to blame. Losing your soul to win this temporary game is one option, I suppose. Sounds like a lot of you here.

Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,381,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, you sound like a typical liberal Obama supporter. And then people wonder what happened to good jobs and a middle class standard of living.

And yes I know you're likely just trolling for the fun of it but you're still sounding just like the typical liberal who wants all this globalism.

Yes indeed, pure rubbish to me. Some trolls need not be fed, but need a stiff drink or two.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:07 PM

674 posts, read 696,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Nobody deserves safe shelter and food unless they slave for people who have stolen the land and resources? I will never get used to it. Problem is, greed and corruption are destroying the earth and the people living on it, so now we are having a worldwide revolution, so the authorities can redistribute the wealth. Nobody did the right thing. This outcome was inevitable. I think many people on all sides are to blame. Losing your soul to win this temporary game is one option, I suppose. Sounds like a lot of you here.
Worldwide revolution? When did that start?

This thread is about the most academically qualified student getting access to the best schools. Nothing more....where is the talk of slavery, stolen land, and resources coming from?

Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,032,929 times
I love Indians and Asians but from working with them they are some of the stupidest people I know when it comes to understanding the global economy. They really are clueless. They place such a huge emphasis on education and attaining that "college degree" they can't even begin to understand how that $80K eduation could be much better spent turning their kids into autodidactics and opening up their own business or pursuing alternatives to college. If there are no jobs there are no jobs. The situation in America is downright grim and will be for the next ten years. How is sending their little 4.0 Rashan to Dartmouth going to change anything? Don't they see how stupid they are and how they are just being used as pawns by universities and colleges that only want their tuition dollars???????????

Oh and one of my coworkers doesn't let her straight A-student drive on the interstate because she hasn't quite learned to to safely drive an automobile........but she can verbalize the kreb's cycle like she had it for breakfast. Go figure!

The kind of kids that are going to succeed in the next few decades are going to be the ones that shun the "system" and racket that is college and think outside the box. They are smart, talented, motivated but most importantly see the world and the US economy for what it is and isn't. My nephew has an amazing opportunity to learn the wine and vineyard business from his grandfather who runs both. He could be an expert in the field and be traveling around the world learning grapes and all about wine by the time he's 18 but his parents make no effort to push him into that direction and instead he's focusing on sports. Instead he's going to try and probably get a sport scholarship, spend thousands on a college degree and get out and be unemployed in the American economy instead of seizing the opportunity to learn about and partake in a truly global enterprise. That is a perfect example to try to illustrate what I'm saying.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:26 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,798,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
So how are these students from India able to afford it and how do they plan to pay back a loan specially if they go back to India?
They mostly come form well-to-do families.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM

12,999 posts, read 18,815,662 times
Indian students coming to the US are nothing new. 30 years ago many did and took jobs here after graduation. Today's are returning home. They know where the jobs are.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,347,192 times
So our Ivy League schools, many of them elite liberal centers of learning are being reduced to safety school status and this is the fault of the conservatives how exactly?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:52 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,172,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Worldwide revolution? When did that start?

This thread is about the most academically qualified student getting access to the best schools. Nothing more....where is the talk of slavery, stolen land, and resources coming from?
I was not very clear, I'm afraid. I'm talking about this statement by another poster on this thread; "Jobs are not a birthright."

I went off on a tangent because I'm angry that many of the "poor, stupid, and lazy" are not allowed to have safe food and shelter because nation is fighting against nation for power, land, and resources, mostly getting educated for these purposes, only. I'm happy that there are other nationalities coming into the US to become doctors and such, but many of them are coming in to learn about Western banking practices, learning the dog-eat-dog culture, and then bringing those ideas and culture back to their home countries. They end up building more corporations, taking more land, and driving up costs for even the basics, so that many "poor, lazy, stupid" citizens in their countries are left to wither and die.

I just see a bigger picture when I see some of these threads. That's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies