Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was he right in Defending himself?
Yes 130 90.28%
No 14 9.72%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 07:31 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times

Advertisements

He should have stopped after the person was already down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 07:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I agree, he had to right to defend himself but he did cross the line when they were down and he kept hitting them.
He did and resumed beating them when they tried to get up according to witnesses.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterRabbit View Post
He should have beat them to death.
Might as well if you're going to get fired anyway.

Plus I'm pretty sure those two women are on some sort of welfare. Save NY taxpayers some money.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:05 AM

353 posts, read 905,995 times
Wait...a man is beating two women with a rod? And then he keeps beating the women while they are down...and this is okay?

Unless they were putting his life in danger, or beating him to a pulp that is disgusting.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:12 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
You beat them until they don't move anymore, at that point they are no longer a threat..

Just because they are down doesn't mean they can't reach into their pocket(s) and pull out a blade and slash...

Old 10-16-2011, 08:14 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times
**** that. I own a bar, if someone came over my counter like that, they'd get what they got and then some. I'd drag em out in the parking lot afterwards and make an example out of them.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
Wait...a man is beating two women with a rod? And then he keeps beating the women while they are down...and this is okay?

Unless they were putting his life in danger, or beating him to a pulp that is disgusting.
Some background this McD is on West 4th, the village area popular with gays and lesbians. Judging by the video one of the girls looks like one of those butch lesbians that think they are dudes. In my view if you want to act like a dude be prepared to be treated like a dude.

All bets are off when you jump a counter and slap someone. This is probably what he was up against:

When Keepin It Real Goes Wrong Guy Slaps The Ish Out This Stud For Stepping Up To Him - YouTube

Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Just because they are down does not mean they've stopped attacking. They do still have hands, feet, and possible weapons.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:31 AM

10,032 posts, read 9,509,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I feel bad for the guy. He's an ex-con paroled murderer who found a job and was getting his life back on track. Now here comes these two she devils upset that he had the temerity to validate the $50 bill they handed him for payment. They jump over the counter and slap him. He picks up a rod and beats them and even stopped when they were laying down and only resumed when they tried to get up.

Still he will be arrested, probably thrown in jail for violating his parole. Some folks just can't catch a break.
Did only ten years for murder? It also certainly looks like some of the anger issues are unresolved. While he certainly deserved the right to protect himself, he did continue to beat the suspect while they were down.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
We've seen so many Youtube videos where irate customers go berzerk and attack employees or other patrons that it was kind of nice seeing beligerent and violent patrons run into an employee who was more violent than they were.
Seriously. Up until he began swinging at them when they were down, he was in the right 100%. He was doing his job and they verbally accosted him, struck him and then followed him when he backed off. Maybe he was going to find a weapon to defend himself or to beat them with it( who knows), but they initiated the confrontation. Apparently the guy is a thug with a manslaughter conviction. If somebody hit me, I would hit back and maybe keep hitting back until they went down. But these two "ladies" were said to be intoxicated. I think he waited until he felt he had the provocation and then let loose with all the hostility and anger and aggression he had. Pretty much like a thug. But those two ladies needed and got a beat down, the fractured skull wasn't necessary but they definitely needed to get slapped around. Maybe next time they'll think about that before they go to hit somebody.
Jail time all around and McDonald's can pick up the legal tab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies