Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was he right in Defending himself?
Yes 130 90.28%
No 14 9.72%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 02:36 AM

268 posts, read 241,105 times

Advertisements

He was right to hit the first time. But as soon as they fall on the ground it's no longer considered self defense. At least according to the law. Here's the footage, but from a closer angle.

http://youtu.be/sdXdYHzdIeY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 03:01 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,034 times
He went overboard but I can understand the anger in the heat of the moment.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:49 AM

268 posts, read 391,697 times
Justifiable self defense. Although he seemed to be enjoying himself near the end. Like Tiger Woods teeing off with a 7- iron.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:52 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times
I don't understand how one can NOT defend this? I mean.. what are people supposed to do? Offer them hugs and soy lattes? I mean, come on. I know violence shouldn't be the first response, but when someone's first response IS violence... you have 2 ways to react:
1: With violence
2: Stand there and take it.

...Sorry, I'm picking one. Even if I lose, as least I tried.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
Whatever. If it was a cute little white lady that got in his face slapped him because she wanted hotter fries I doubt the majority of people would be applauding this.

But that wasn't the situation. The situation was that the women jumped behind the counter to attack the man. They didn't simply ask for hotter fries.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:37 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
He was right to hit the first time. But as soon as they fall on the ground it's no longer considered self defense. At least according to the law. Here's the footage, but from a closer angle.

McDonalds Incident - YouTube
I think the law should be updated to account for adrenaline and the flight or flee response. It's really unrealistic to expect someone to just stop abruptly defending themselves after being attacked.

Still he's better than me because he in fact did stop and only resumed beating them when they were trying to get up. If he allowed them to get up what would stop them from darting for the grease and throwing it at him, for example? In my view the threat is ongoing until the threat is completely immobilized.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:44 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
I'm curious at what started this? Did the gals get shorted on their nuggets or what?

Old 10-17-2011, 04:58 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I'm curious at what started this? Did the gals get shorted on their nuggets or what?
What do you mean? You think it started before payment and the guy behind the counter was just being an ass?

Old 10-17-2011, 06:02 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Some women just crack me up. They like to act all big and tough when it's convenient, but when the opposition fights back, they turn into crybabyies. It was a little extreme after the first few whacks, but adrenenline took over. He probably had a flashback from prison. She deserved a few whacks, but he should have stopped after she stopped coming after him. Easier said than done.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:19 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,254,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I can't believe some of you are defending this. Bunch of savages, I guess - just like the animal behind the counter.

Not surprising that it's mostly right-wingers who support this. They love violence.

The fact that the attacker has been charged with felony assault is pretty strong proof that he was wrong - as are all of you who agree with the attack.
There is nothing political about defending yourself. I'm a die hard Democrat, and would have defended myself as well. The "attack" took place when the dumb b***h climbed over th ecounter. SHe'll think twice before she shoots her mouth off, treating service employees like crap, and assaulting employees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies