Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 03:14 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
agreed. and this media black out could indeed be the flint that lights the dynamite in this country of people sick and tired of being "told" who they should vote for and not allowing ALL the candidates have ample face time.

they know Ron Paul is warm and inviting. they only flash his rants and rebuttles to ignorance when he's pssd'off to make him look bad on TV.

O'Reilly is scared to death of him.
I've noticed this. And I even believed that crap back in '08. I'm registered Republican but I did not want to vote for McShamnesty and I sure as hell didn't want to vote for some dude that "spoke well" (LOLOLOL...oh, some people are so easily fooled.)

I don't agree with everything Ron Paul stands for but even WITH his "rantings" and "craziness" that the lame stream media likes to show, (and this is all of them, Fox, CNN, MSNBC...they are ALL afraid of Ron Paul), he seems to be the only one who isn't some slicked up fast talking snake oil salesman feeding us all a bunch of b.s.

I'm astounded at what people slurp up if the right words are used. Listen to what they are NOT saying, people!

I watched the Republican debate last night and, once again, it was all about Romney. Romney will not get my vote..he's more of the same crap we have now. But the libs love him so he gets face time. (He's a former liberal, he has liberal ideas, of course they love him.)

Bachman...please.

Perry...no. I know way too many Repubs who are swayed by his Texas attitude but I've also seen enough to tell me he is not the right one.

Cain...I don't know. I'm still not sure because I haven't done as much research on him yet. I'm not sure about his 9-9-9 plan either. Haven't had a lot of time to really read it, fully.

Gingrich...he's done some things that pissed me off but...boy, if he acted all the time like he did last night, I'd be rethinking that one.

Who was that other guy?

Just kidding...Santorum...don't know enough about him but again, lawyer...sigh, more of the same.

Ron Paul. Well. Ron Paul. Everyone says he's crazy. All these people laugh every time he talks. Media doesn't give him equal coverage; acts like they don't want to acknowledge his existence.

Some things I do not agree with and do bother me but on so. many. things. he is so. fricken. right.

And he has predicted ALL OF WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW years ago. He stood up in front of everyone and told them that this would happen and they did not take him seriously. He was "crazy".

Except...he's not...he was right.

I don't feel like Paul is here to sell me something I don't need. I feel like he is here to clean up the mess and that he truly is just disgusted by all the b.s. he sees going on around him.

I haven't completely made up my mind but I am actually thinking I'm going to vote for him.

My only fear is...too many people, on both sides, STILL believe just what the media tells them to believe.

Both sides are so damn sure they are right about everything, they are smarter than the other side, they know better but I have seen both sides being spoon fed and slurping that Kool-Aid down, repeating sound bytes from the talking heads.

We need a radical change. We do not need more of the same. I don't agree with Paul about everything but damn I sure do agree with him about a lot...a lot that matters.

Basically, in a nutshell, Ron Paul says, "Get the f-en government OUT of our business." Who the hell is against THAT?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 03:52 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Ron Paul...never in my life time would he get my vote, but that doesn't matter, he has no chance.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:55 PM

272 posts, read 208,508 times
Three Wolves,

What you went thru was an awakening. it hurt at first, but once you woke up you felt better and you can see the Politicians for who they are.

Ron Paul is pure hearted. I just hope he can win. and if he does, he'll need a small army to protect him from would be nutjobs who hate Freedom.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:57 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
I think Ron Paul is more of a politician that we realize, but I do not question the purity of his heart. He is the most likely candidate to get my vote....IF I vote in the next election.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
No experience doing anything...just speeches, speeches and more speeches.
Miss McCain's fear-mongering along with the ditz do ya?

Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,546,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Miss McCain's fear-mongering along with the ditz do ya?
Can't refute what I said, can ya?

Old 10-19-2011, 04:53 PM

269 posts, read 255,993 times
Is his tenure over yet? No? Oh, OK. There is your answer.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:39 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
you voted for Bill Clinton too?..you didn't learn your lesson?
Clintons is gone and you voted for bubba bush twice!!!

Old 10-20-2011, 09:44 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Ronnie was the best President we ever had, save JFK.

Nobody forced people to smoke crack. they did it on their own. call it weak willed or just plain stupid. either definition will work.

and the "lesser of 2 evils" is a weak argument. why vote at all?

Ok stop right there! you obviously do not have a clue regarding sociology or business so trying to explain the ramification of flooding the country full of cheap coke is a waste of time

Old 10-20-2011, 10:15 AM

272 posts, read 208,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok stop right there! you obviously do not have a clue regarding sociology or business so trying to explain the ramification of flooding the country full of cheap coke is a waste of time
There is absolutely nothing you can explain that constitues a community indulging in smoking crack unless you're weak willed or just plain stupid.

Nobody forced nobody to smoke crack. the best thing to do during those timess was EXPOSE Reagan for doing it and get him impeached. NOT smoke it up and then blame him for it. that's insane!

Ever heard the phrase "Curiosity killed the cat" <- that applies here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies