Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 06:53 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Most people know why businesses are not hiring, and it has nothing to do with HC Law or more Regs. GOP is telling you that, but that's BS. the Immigration solution is in the hands of Congress, as it has always been. The President cannot solve that problem. Many have tried to get Congress to do it.
The President could certainly direct his Justice Dept away from suing states that are attempting to put a stop to illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
We are supposed to take what you say seriously when you put that kind of response in your post. Just more tin foil talk.

You may need to get out of that echo chamber and start doing your own investigation and start letting your hatred for Obama cloud your judgment.
I have no doubt that Obama will be investigated and found guilty of high treason on multiple counts. His latest is organizing the "American Spring" protests which is a revolution.

Yes, I hate anyone who hates this country and wants to cause it significant harm.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:59 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I have no doubt that Obama will be investigated and found guilty of high treason on multiple counts. His latest is organizing the "American Spring" protests which is a revolution.

Yes, I hate anyone who hates this country and wants to cause it significant harm.

OK, seems we went back to the "Twilight Zone".

Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
I'm still trying to figure out how the GOP is going to win this one. I doubt Cain has any sustainability in his five minutes of fame. Can anyone really see the pizza guy winning a national election with his 999 deal? I guess it could happen, but I just don't see it. Then you have Mitt, who can never win. The GOP will absolutely have to run on an anti-health care platform, and it's hard to do that when your candidate made his own health care program in his state. Then we have Perry. Perry will lose all of the hard-core anti-illegal immigrant voters in the GOP and even the independent ones like myself. I don't see how you can give in-state tuition to illegal immigrants and then go on to win a conservative majority of America.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:06 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
OK, seems we went back to the "Twilight Zone".
Two months ago I stated that the EU would collapse and there will be progressive liberal protests starting in October ... and I got called all kinds of names like Twilight Zone, Tin foil hat, doom and gloom guy ...

Just call me Rod ...

Old 10-16-2011, 08:33 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
The President could certainly direct his Justice Dept away from suing states that are attempting to put a stop to illegal immigration.
I understand why you would feel that way, but that is actually one of the things that the executive branch is supposed to do, which is to enforce the law. Under the constitution the fed has the ability to regulate immigration law and not the States. So in this case, the AG is doing what he was supposed to do. If congress wants to give states the ability to control immigration they are going to need to amend the constitution. I have no problem with that or the States Laws, but some are inconsistent with the constitution.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
I understand why you would feel that way, but that is actually one of the things that the executive branch is supposed to do, which is to enforce the law. Under the constitution the fed has the ability to regulate immigration law and not the States. So in this case, the AG is doing what he was supposed to do. If congress wants to give states the ability to control immigration they are going to need to amend the constitution. I have no problem with that or the States Laws, but some are inconsistent with the constitution.
That's funny you say that because the justice department ISN'T enforcing federal immigration laws and that is why states passed their own. Another fail of a post by you.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
I mean think about it. The economy is not going to vastly improve no matter who is in office. What we are going through is a massive correction brought on by years of borrowing and living off artificial income. It will take at least another 4 years to finish the correction. It would be far better for the GOP if they can blame the whole financial problem at the feet of the Democratic party and specifically at Obama's feet.

And when the economy is starting to turn around, vote in a Republican Congress and President to reap the rewards for something they had no part in doing.

Maybe this is why they are fielding such poor presidential candidates.
I would agree, except for Ron Paul. Perhaps, like the right-wing talk shows, the Republicrat Party is merely allowing him to get what little coverage he does as a "relief valve," and they figure their slander and propaganda will convince a majority of sheeple to reject his offer of turning away from bankrupting militarism and Big Government so large and suffocating that the economy is crushed and non-functioning.

We can only hope that the lesson Ross Perot taught us is not forgotten: that if everyone who WANTED to vote for him actually had, he would have WON. And had we saved ourselves then, we wouldn't have lost our entire economy and Middle Class and employment base to the "Free Trade" idiocy promoted by all the mainstream politicians.

We didn't grab Ross Perot's lifejacket when he threw it to us all those years ago, but now we know without a single doubt that he was right, that Free Trade was a disastrous course to follow, and that allowing politicians to rule the economy instead of businessmen would result in economic collapse.

The Ron Paul lifejacket is probably the last one we'll get, and it may already be too late. But we have to try. It's better than voting mainstream politician in 2012 and embracing national death for ourselves and our children by willingly diving under and sucking in a lungful of water.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
I mean think about it. The economy is not going to vastly improve no matter who is in office. What we are going through is a massive correction brought on by years of borrowing and living off artificial income. It will take at least another 4 years to finish the correction. It would be far better for the GOP if they can blame the whole financial problem at the feet of the Democratic party and specifically at Obama's feet.

And when the economy is starting to turn around, vote in a Republican Congress and President to reap the rewards for something they had no part in doing.

Maybe this is why they are fielding such poor presidential candidates.
But that does not explian why obama and other democratic continders wamted to be presdient. i thni perhas your not grasping the real issue. Now the defcit and many other thig are goign to get paid. that is what the future means. if it doen so that consumer and businerss does have confidence in it then the coutnry wil tank even more.Its a elction over now the country will be run as always.What we need is real growth just as Reagan faced when coming into fofice. No one should run for president if they don't want to lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies