Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Population Control Be Needed
Yes there will be Population Control, I will support it. 12 22.22%
Yes there will be Population Control, I wont support it though 8 14.81%
There will be No Population Control Policy In The US. 22 40.74%
There will be No Population Control Policy In The US, But it will be needed 12 22.22%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 10:37 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,274 times

Advertisements

When I say "Population Control" I am talking about maybe some think like a One Child or two child Policy.

Do you think it would become a policy in the future. In the United States?
I was filling in for a instructor at a school, a few days ago, and some believe that:

-The United States, Population Growth may in the future just become more and more in Debt. (Due to Population Growth)
-Population Growth will or has outpaced "meaningful, bill paying jobs.
-Some made the prediction or suggestion that a person would need to make a minimum income before they have a child.
-There were arguments about the environmental.

I read a few articles in which a few scientist thought it would be needed in the future, Not just in the USA but World Wide. I'm going to try to find them
My question to you guys is do you think it will become a policy in the future, would you support it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
I know the Democrats support lots of tax payer financed abortion clinics in minority areas. That is a big form of population control of minorities and I don't support it at all.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:49 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
American women already have a sub-replacement fertility rate. The only reason this country's population grows is because of immigration. If you want to control population grow, go put your 2 child policy throughout Africa, where it is really needed. Western culture is already in the twilight of its existence because people have so few children in North American and Europe.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Population control has and is already happening in the USA. Keeping the poor from breeding has been a Progressive idea since the turn of the last century. Woodrow Wilson was a big promoter of sterilization for the black population.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
To the people who think we need to control the population growth, if you feel so strongly either get sterilized or commit suicide. One or the other, I'm not picky. For the record, I only have one daughter who is 20 years old and has never been pregnant.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:05 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Abortion was illegal when Steve Jobs was born. His parents not having the option of abortion gave Steve up for adoption.
Just think, if abortion was legal earlier there would have been no Steve Jobs and maybe no apple.

Wonder how many Einsteins we will kill with population control?

Old 10-16-2011, 11:08 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
How about we start with illegal immigration control before we start thinking about population control.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:16 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Default Hillary admires Sanger

[SIZE=2]Margret Sanger Hillary's hero. [/SIZE]

If you fear the great slippery slope this is the one to fear...no brakes on social reform

[SIZE=2]
Hillary Clinton admires Margaret Sanger's Planned Parenthood - YouTube
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]"Everywhere we look, we see poverty and large families going hand in hand. We see hordes of children whose parents cannot feed, clothe, or educate even one half of the number born to them. We see sick, harassed, broken mothers whose health and nerves cannot bear the strain of further child-bearing. We see fathers growing despondent and desperate, because their labor cannot bring the necessary wage to keep their growing families. We see that those parents who are least fit to reproduce the race are having the largest number of children; while people of wealth, leisure, and education are having small families.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]It is generally conceded by sociologists and scientists that a nation cannot go on indefinitely multiplying without eventually reaching the point when population presses upon means of subsistence."[/SIZE]

http://womenshistory.about.com/library/etext/bl_sanger_1924.htm

Old 10-16-2011, 11:21 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
BlackGenocide.org | The Truth About Margaret Sanger

Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 AM

760 posts, read 685,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
American women already have a sub-replacement fertility rate. The only reason this country's population grows is because of immigration.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2127rank.html

The U.S. is fine on population. We are nowhere near our carrying capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies