Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:05 PM

1,147 posts, read 909,204 times

Advertisements

I've been here what, 4 maybe 5 days? I have to say, this section of the CD forum is like a war between liberals and conservatives where you all stand here giving each other carpet-shocks all day.

*zap*

I'm in the middle, and lean both ways depending on the issue. Which is rough, because I'm getting zapped from both sides, or reps from both sides, depending on the topic.

That being said, don't you all realize it's a scam? Republicans, Democrats, liberals, conservatives, progressives, etc. It's a scam.

If you keep folks fighting with one another, then they wont fight with YOU. It's true. Can you imagine what would happen if all the energy expended in this forum on a daily basis were used to fight the real problems in DC?

Instead of doing that, a lot of folks are content to let the puppet-masters in DC pull their strings.

Nobody seems to focus on the good coming from either side.

Well, I'll start.......

Hey Democrats! In spite of O's luck with Osama, you have to admit that the military wouldn't be what it is today without conservative Republicans. I shudder when I think about what would happen to our national security if we had 4 straight terms of Dems in office.

Hey Republicans! If you ever fall on hard times, and need some help getting by, you can bet the ranch that a Dem will more than likely be responsible for helping you get on your feet. Given the job market for the last 5 years, this is not an impossible situation

Now you go. Can you honestly say that the "other side" has done NOTHING to benefit you in the past? NOTHING?

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 10-18-2011 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: Discussion of Moderation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,085 times
I find it very hard to like either party, and I don't understand partisan people except to the extent they are personally vested in their party winning.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,496 times
I don't take this website seriously because of the people on it. I'm also moderate, but any time you use arguments with logic, it causes a rift.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:16 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,053,995 times
I agree. The two party system is basically working for the same people in the end, but would like americans believe they are different. They are all the same. But, americans like to treat politics like they do their sports. Make it into a big rivalry of whose (i.e. whose team wins).

Further, there is also a number of citizens who have problems thinking without the aid of someone else telling them what to think. Thus, they align their views to the corresponding party.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-17-2011 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: language

Old 10-17-2011, 05:09 PM

605 posts, read 704,938 times
I have no problems with Republicans in general, but more recently, they seemed to have been hijacked by a lot of loud extremists and a huge chunk of the GOP has leaned more far right than usual. I actually can see some of the GOP's points (in sane times), but this entire opposition/campaign to make our nation more problematic in order to make Obama look bad is mind-boggling.

GOP leaders admitting that their "number one" goal was to make Obama a "one term president" shows their true colors. And just recently, them refusing to make jobs a number one priority is more proof.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:10 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
We moderates don't have a voice. I imagine it's because if you are moderate, you are not rabidly and insanely passionate about anything.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:14 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Nope, nothing good to say about Liberals or Liberalism will come from me. It's a sham ideology that has never held up to the principles that it proclaims to espouse. The Liberal Return On Investment is perpetually in the red, morally, fiscally, and ethically.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
I don't think it's so much team red/team blue, though team red certainly sees it that way. What would constitute team blue is too fractured and divisive for that sort of thing outside a handful of half-hearted defenses of the largely indefensible. It's more like a game where only one team showed up and the other team isn't aware there's a game, teams, or even a sport.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annilyna View Post
I have no problems with Republicans in general, but more recently, they seemed to have been hijacked by a lot of loud extremists and a huge chunk of the GOP has leaned more far right than usual. I actually can see some of the GOP's points (in sane times), but this entire opposition/campaign to make our nation more problematic in order to make Obama look bad is mind-boggling.

GOP leaders admitting that their "number one" goal was to make Obama a "one term president" shows their true colors. And just recently, them refusing to make jobs a number one priority is more proof.
And speaking of true colors? .. Pelosi saying that they had to vote for a bill before they could find out what was in it was indeed epic .. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw that ..

Both parties are worthless, evil, crooked, corrupt ..

Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it - YouTube

Old 10-17-2011, 05:40 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Had2SaySumthin View Post
Hey Republicans! If you ever fall on hard times, and need some help getting by, you can bet the ranch that a Dem will more than likely be responsible for helping you get on your feet. Given the job market for the last 5 years, this is not an impossible situation.
The job market even 4 years ago wasn't bad at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies