Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 02:58 AM

24,483 posts, read 33,194,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
and you're just another big government crony wanting to stick your nose where it doesn't belong!

"The plans differ; the planners are all alike" -Frederic Bastiat
That's your opinion; doesn't mean it's accurate. You don't know what I agree and disagree about regarding the government. But the topic isn't about me (off topic).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 03:01 AM

24,483 posts, read 33,194,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
So common sense dictates you have the right to tell me what I can and cannot put into my own body.

I see.
When did I say I have the right to tell you that? When I say "Say No To Drugs," it's not an order or a dictation; it's an urging or recommendation.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:01 AM

913 posts, read 870,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That's your opinion; doesn't mean it's accurate. You don't know what I agree and disagree about regarding the government. But the topic isn't about me (off topic).

you think that it's the govts job to tell me what i may or may not smoke, eat, drink etc! perhaps you think they enforce that infringement of my rights with pixie dust. in the real world we know that they enforce it by creating giant bureaucracies with the ability to infringe on the 4th amendment, 6th, 9th and most importantly the 10th! it is not a matter of opinion that you are big govt, it's a matter of fact!

it is incredible that people like you cannot see the monster that you have created and you cannot see that the monster will soon come after you and the things you hold dear!

it is a source of extreme frustration for me that people like you, who should know better, don't understand that the govt only makes things worse! i expect that from ptrogressives

Old 11-02-2011, 05:34 AM

443 posts, read 598,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
When did I say I have the right to tell you that? When I say "Say No To Drugs," it's not an order or a dictation; it's an urging or recommendation.
That's funny, My saying has always been, "Say no to Bacon".

It is far worse for you than pot, and much more deadly. But I just recommend it to the ones I love. I don't feel the need to go out and force it on everybody else.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,573,846 times
Why not legalize all drugs?
That way you can get income-tax from the dealers and distributors.

After all people in your country pay their own medical bills so they're entitled to make their own choices.
Just consider how many of your countrymen who basically eat themselves to death, no restriction there.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:05 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,260,922 times
Default Just pray drug users all die IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
are people finally coming to their senses..

just legalize it and be done with it for heavens sake!!
The drug addicted are causing death here and in places like Mexico due to them creating a market.
They are a liability if they ever found work because if they hurt someone they open an employer up to millions in damages.
They mess up their brain long term with the use, and they are often stupid enough to be on something while pregnant and pass the stupid gene on to their children for us to make disability payments to.

NO, just say NO and grow up.

We can see cancer patients needing the stuff, not recreational pot heads.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:11 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,609,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The drug addicted are causing death here and in places like Mexico due to them creating a market.
Wrong.

It is the laws attempting to force people to act in a manner contradictory to their nature that is causing the deaths of which you speak. Were drugs legal and available like alcohol, cigarettes, and xanax, distributed and sold by legitimate businesses, the deaths would cease.

Or do Walgreens and CVS routinely have violent turf wars where you live?

Old 11-02-2011, 06:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,945,145 times
Quote:
They are a liability if they ever found work because if they hurt someone they open an employer up to millions in damages.
They mess up their brain long term with the use, and they are often stupid enough to be on something while pregnant and pass the stupid gene on to their children for us to make disability payments to.

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Praying for someone to die just because you don't like their choices! How very Christian! BTW there is no physical addiction to pot! Nice stereotype too "if they ever found work!!!" You authoritarian types really crack me up!

Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 AM

443 posts, read 598,446 times
Quote:

Pot doesn't cause any deaths.

The black market is created from it being illegal. No matter what there will always be a demand for any substance, hard and deadly or soft and harmless like this plant in question.

Your last statement is just very stupid, childish, and naive. Crack addicted babies are a horrible thing. I never can say I heard of a pot head addicted baby born with a "stupid gene". Yet, fetal alcohol syndrome is the most deadly and popular issue among parents who abuse drugs.

No matter what there will be abused substances. It has been a part of mankind since the earliest times that we know. The issue isn't down to if you are morally higher than somebody who doesn't use any substances. It is down to if the government demands the right to control us to that extent. As a "free" person I should decide on what I want to put in my body or not, and if that substances negative effect is worth it or not to my body. I personally feel bacon and burgers are worse than a harmless occasional plant.

One can always tell when somebody with a very low IQ is brainwashed by propaganda from various resources and spout them out as if they are on some higher authority (this is not you of course, this is in anybody in general. You seem very very smart). I kind of like it, because it is good for entertainment knowing people of such stupidity are out there.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,260,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Wrong.
Not wrong but right, to my knowledge Walgreens doesn't sell recreational drugs that addict, kill and handicap people at all.
Now if the people go ape with their prescription even legal medications for conditions can have dire consequences.

In any case, death to recreational drug users would save many more PRODUCTIVE lives around the world. Lets hope they take themselves out sooner rather than later to keep the tax payer costs down and to brink peace back to many foreign nations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies