Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 11:50 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,198,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Homosexual couples are not infertile - they've merely chosen life partners who don't have the right parts to get the job done. I see no reason why they should be allowed to adopt. Children need a mother and a father, period.
No, not period. Just because you say something ignorant with certitude doesn't make it so. Please think before you type.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 02:52 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Since homosexuality is a sin, why on Earth would the Catholic Church allow men who practice sodomy to adopt a kid who will get screwed up in time? How would you like to be a kid in school, and get teased about your Dad Blank^ng another man? Can you imagine a kid having to listen to two guys grunting in the other room? Homosexuals should be ashamed of themselves.
You should be ashamed of your self, you think heterosexuals do not have sex or that homosexuals can be discrete. The solution to the bullies and teasing is to teach the kids not to bully or tease. It is not the fault of the gay parents or the child of those parents. Who is the church to tell people what they can do in their lives. The church controls religion and that is it; not law, not all people. I also see you fail to mention two women, so you are biased against gay men. Typical.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Homosexual couples are not infertile - they've merely chosen life partners who don't have the right parts to get the job done. I see no reason why they should be allowed to adopt. Children need a mother and a father, period.
Then by your twisted logic, only fertile couples should be allowed to adopt, because you do know that heterosexual couples get married to spouses that are sterile and they are allowed to adopt, so have they not chosen a life partner that is sterile and should be denied adoption rights? Many kids are raised by single parents and do just fine, they do not need to have a male and female parent to come out OK, just one or two good loving parents.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Well according to almost all Christian religions, homosexuality is an abomination and a sin. So, of course churches or religious settings should have the right to not allow homosexuals to adopt children. I don't understand why this upsets you so much OP.
What you do not seem to understand it that the so called loving Church would turn its back on children needing a home, just because they have an antiquated hatred of homosexual people and want to force the government to allow them to discriminate against gays, yet still receive government money paid by tax dollars. I am one gay man that does not want to have my tax dollars distributed to an organization that believes I am an abomination, that god hates me, or that I do not deserve equal rights. Let them discriminate on their own dollar, not on the tax payers. it is that simple.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:09 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,898,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
However I find it laughable that the Catholic Church is allowing and condoning pedophilia among their clergy; while claiming the high road here and attacking gay parents without any scientific literature to back up their rhetoric.
1. Pedophilia is not a "homosexual thing" it is a mental disease.

2. Despite the Church being against gay marriage, it has a surprisingly liberal stance on homosexuality and its rationale against gay marriage isn't homophobic at all, but rather stems from the belief that all sexual acts be open to procreation.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:05 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,259,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
Illinois is bankrupt, we don't have any $$$, sorry your really gay program got defunded, welcome to reality...
OK. You almost had it. Put down the beer, step down from the trailer roof and read it again.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:00 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
What you do not seem to understand it that the so called loving Church would turn its back on children needing a home, just because they have an antiquated hatred of homosexual people and want to force the government to allow them to discriminate against gays, yet still receive government money paid by tax dollars. I am one gay man that does not want to have my tax dollars distributed to an organization that believes I am an abomination, that god hates me, or that I do not deserve equal rights. Let them discriminate on their own dollar, not on the tax payers. it is that simple.
Same sex parenting is a contradiction against the Biblical teaching of what a family consists of. So why should a church or a religious setting be forced to go against the Bible?

Old 10-19-2011, 09:16 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Same sex parenting is a contradiction against the Biblical teaching of what a family consists of. So why should a church or a religious setting be forced to go against the Bible?
You are correct: They should not be forced to go against their interpretation of the Bible.

However, they shouldn't expect to continue receiving government/taxpayer funding if they intend to violate the state's anti-discrimination laws.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:27 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Could you please provide the chapter and verse in the New Testament where Jesus sets down the criteria for being a "real" family? Or where Jesus refers to homosexuals as "an abomination?" Where does Jesus say that children should be bounced around the foster family system or languish in orphanages rather than be adopted by two people who've decided that they're willing and eager to provide a stable and loving home? What's an abomination is that the Roman Catholic Church has done so much to protect pedophiles. What's an abomination is that any Catholic would acknowledge Pope Ratzinger, former member of the Hitler Youth, as Christ's vicar on Earth. Children aren't born with prejudices; they learn them from judgmental adults, like some in this thread. Jesus did however say, "Judge not lest ye be judged." If people put as much energy into following Christ's ministry of love and compassion as they put into clinging to Old Testament beliefs that directly contradict Christ's message, the world would be a better place for everyone.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:

The Bible condoned a man having multiple wives and yet the church seems to seriously frown on that as well.
Is the church 'forced' to go against the Bible in this instance?

I've absolutely no issue with the Catholic Charities following their own beliefs regarding adoptions. However, to make exception so that they can continue to receive taxpayer funds is just wrong. Discrimination should not be rewarded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies