Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 01:58 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times

Advertisements

Explain to me how privatizing prisons is a good way to save money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 02:25 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Privatizing is a stupid idea. Its just a money scam for neo con middle men. The tax payer saves nothing and the employees get s&*+ wages. Please no this is stupid.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:34 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Here is a report from Alabama that was created to evaluate the options they had for their growing prison problems. The pros and cons of private prisons was assessed in the report.

http://www.alabamapolicy.org/pdf/prison.pdf

You can also possibly find some information here:

CCA

There is also simply using google to do some searching yourself.

As for what is best? /shrug

They do bring up some interesting points about things.

also, privatization is not something that is new, we have been privatizing many correctional institutions since the 1980's.

So it isn't something that hasn't been done. I imagine if you were interested, you could answer your own question, or at the least come to an informed opinion on the issue.

Or were you simply looking to argue with someone?

Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Privatizing is a stupid idea. Its just a money scam for neo con middle men. The tax payer saves nothing and the employees get s&*+ wages. Please no this is stupid.
It's a conservative idea which usually coincides with being stupid.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:39 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I imagine if you were interested, you could answer your own question, or at the least come to an informed opinion on the issue.

Or were you simply looking to argue with someone?
Quote:
Guess that that solves that mystery.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:28 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
I cannot. I do not know if it does.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:24 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,337 times
Privatizing prisons? Haha where have you been A HUGE section of the US prison system is already privatized. Ever hear of Wackenhutt services? The US imprisons more people than any other country in the world. And you wanna know why? Our government fascists use prison labor for private corporations. There was a huge story about this on the news. Not only that prisoners in the USA have been exposed to carcinogens without being given the right protective gear for example when they were used to take apart computers for US companies. There was a huge lawsuit regarding this. This is just another huge glarying example regarding the tax paying US American citizen doling out corporate welfare.

Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,337 times
Quote:

No it's a conservative idea that usually coincides with corporate welfare and the funding of private corporations with tax payer money. Yet the right wing whackjobs will lament all day about those poor welfare moms and food stamp users. The left is about big social welfare and the right is about big corporate welfare. And those of us in the middle that still have our sanity left are stuck footing the bill for both. America is a pathetic joke! Nothing but a fascist government puppeted and controlled by plutocratic corporatists adn the idiocracy of the US populace that supports both. Land of the Free? Yeah right land of the dumb and ignorant! It amazes me just how clueless and brainwashed the average American is.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:07 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Private prisons make campaign contributions, therefore politicians don't have to raise as much from other donors. So it DOES save money for politicians, even if it costs the taxpayers more.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Don't forget control freakishness.

Some would opt to be volunteer security guards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies