Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:26 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,583,206 times

Advertisements

Good for them.

I'm waiting for the actual deposit amounts involved.
Or at least the avg per new transferring customer.

The CU's (I suspect) may not be quite so please they're getting many of these customers...
once they've had a few months to evaluate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,553,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Hate to rain on y'all's parade, but:

Once The FED and Obama are successful in crashing the US dollar it won't matter anymore. Everyone will be forced onto the plantation of digital money and you will be charged for the privilege of participating in the economy in any and every way. It is only a matter of time.
Neither the Fed nor the Office of President would ever crash the US dollar nor will we be giving up the printing press anytime soon.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,553,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
The CU's (I suspect) may not be quite so please they're getting many of these customers...
once they've had a few months to evaluate.
Why wouldn't they?

Don't the advantages for members increase with membership?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,514,549 times
Quote:

Once The FED and Obama are successful in crashing the US dollar it won't matter anymore. Everyone will be forced onto the plantation of digital money and you will be charged for the privilege of participating in the economy in any and every way. It is only a matter of time.
That would take beyond 2012 to accomplish.

Are you finally admitting there will be 8 years of Obama?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:39 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,577,071 times
The only thing chnaging is by laws that require the service fees to be more individtual to service a account.Many fees are eliminated.Its the same as what is happening to crdit cards. they in fact want to eliminate mnay accoutnts because they are not qworth servicingthus fees on them. In fact mnay investment banks are lookig at getting out fo the banking end to be aqble to invest their own maoney because its more profitable since law on that has chnaged.For se it means the end of freeservices and for tohers not because they have acounts worth giving the free services.That is really the intent of the law really in influencing borrowers and lenders by shwig what service cost and decisio making thereby.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 PM

416 posts, read 635,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Good. That's how the free market is supposed to work.
what free market?

what we have is regulated capitalism?

or do you want something akin to the 1870's to early 1900's?

or better yet what we see in unregulated countries....i.e. 3rd world countries?

we don't have 'free markets'...i'll stuff my money under a mattress if we ever go back to the 'good ol'days before regulation'...

Old 10-19-2011, 06:52 PM

416 posts, read 635,436 times
Quote:

that would be interesting if the FED and wallstreet were siblings in bed with each other. what's good for the FED is good for wallstreet and vice versa...doesn't mean its good for the 80-90% of americans though.

btw you do realize who wallstreet gives most of their money to don't you? those who want to deregulate and return us to the good ol days

Old 10-19-2011, 06:53 PM

23,768 posts, read 14,891,929 times
There has been no free market in my lifetime. The government is always rewarding their friends and punishing their enemies with tax dollars. Does not matter what party is in power.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:04 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,583,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Why wouldn't they?
Don't the advantages for members increase with membership?
think about the last 30 deals you closed
then think about the other 200 people you dealt with at the same time... that didn't close

think about the last 30 deals you closed
then think about which ones you would be just as pleased to have not had.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:14 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,178,016 times
Sanrene--I could fall off my chair--we found something to agree on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies