Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:26 PM

8 posts, read 7,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Mark this day folks. We missed the others because we weren't paying attention. But now we know better. Watch the downfall happen before our very eyes.

1st Mexican truck to cross Texas border for U.S. interior Friday (http://www.statesman.com/news/nation/1st-mexican-truck-to-cross-texas-border-for-1923947.html?cxtype=rss_news - broken link)
Washington on Friday approved the first Mexican trucking company, Transportes Olympic, nearly two decades after that provision of the 1994 North American Free Trade Agreement set off lawsuits and a costly trade dispute.
Transportes Olympic employees were busy Wednesday finishing the preparations for its historic maiden trip.
The long-haul truck will cross the border Friday at Laredo and head about 450 miles north to Garland to deliver industrial equipment, said Guillermo Perez, transport manager at the firm in the Monterrey suburb of Apodaca.
I'm totally stressed out when I think about this. Pretty soon they are going to say let's open the borders because it's easier that way. Then Good Buy USA and a civil war like the Russians predicted - per wall street journal? (Are the Russians the instigaters of Occupy Wallstreet?) The third world wants a piece of the pie (North America and Europe) they never worked for, never established, never paid taxes for, never suffered and agonized over! For the average American and European, their living standard was established with blood, sweat and tears. I am so stressed out over the hate in the third world everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 04:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbayareawoman View Post
I'm totally stressed out when I think about this. Pretty soon they are going to say let's open the borders because it's easier that way. Then Good Buy USA and a civil war like the Russians predicted - per wall street journal? (Are the Russians the instigaters of Occupy Wallstreet?) The third world wants a piece of the pie (North America and Europe) they never worked for, never established, never paid taxes for, never suffered and agonized over! For the average American and European, their living standard was established with blood, sweat and tears. I am so stressed out over the hate in the third world everywhere.
There is no doubt that this administration is working toward the balkanization of the USA. It is a dammed shame. The USA is not a thrid world country and it is beyond my ability to understand why those clammoring for "social justice" want it to become one. They see the answers in trickle-up poverty as paying for the sins of the prosperity of our Constitutional Repbulic.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
Obama is the most vile President we've ever had. period. just blantanly ignoring the facts of what's happening with Illegal Immigrant epidemic.

but here's the kicker. after about say a cool million mexicans come in unchecked, Obama will want to beef up the borders then, because then he'll have his voting base of non-English speaking warm body liberals with voter ID's.

and if something bad happens. like a murder by one of them,, oh well, He'll just blame Bush, Reagan and Clinton for pushing NAFTA in the first place.

Politically it's a win-win situation for Obama.

It's not hard to tell.
And this explains why Perry and Romney have a combined $30 million in campaign coffers, Paul has $8 million, Cain has $2.2 million but Obama has an incredible $91.5 million to spend. He's been bought out by the internationalists, he has no intention of creating or keeping jobs for the American people.

It's amazing that his worshippers cannot see this.

Old 10-24-2011, 02:34 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And this explains why Perry and Romney have a combined $30 million in campaign coffers, Paul has $8 million, Cain has $2.2 million but Obama has an incredible $91.5 million to spend. He's been bought out by the internationalists, he has no intention of creating or keeping jobs for the American people.

It's amazing that his worshippers cannot see this.
So, where is Congress in all of this?
Surely our congresspeople know that this is not something many in the country want.
Why didn't they act on our behalf and try to bring or sponsor legislation to have this repealed, paricularly those in the states most immediately affected?

I mean it has only been in place for what - 18 years?

Old 10-30-2011, 08:27 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,947,502 times
More Than 150,000 Mexican Cargo Trucks Await U.S. Permits

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?Arti...tegoryId=14091

Quote:
MEXICO CITY – Eleven Mexican trucking companies hope to join a pilot program that could see more than 150,000 vehicles delivering products to destinations deep inside the United States by year’s end, the vice president of the Canacar transport association said.

Eight of the 11 firms have already submitted applications and are awaiting a response from the U.S. Transportation Department, Luis Moreno said.

The company's that use the truckers to deliver their goods will save even more, thus raising the profits to themselves, and the shareholders and banksters on Wall Street whom are the only thing that matters in this country anymore.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
If you think it ends with trucks, you are mistaken... I am a owner operator and I will tell you that trucks are only the begining of what is in store....

Old 10-30-2011, 09:10 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,947,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If you think it ends with trucks, you are mistaken... I am a owner operator and I will tell you that trucks are only the begining of what is in store....
Oh that I know

I feel for you truck drivers.
The pay is not what it used to be and the work schedule required is outrageous.

I see the same thing on the pilots forum that I frequent.

The old pilots say it is not even worth going to school for anymore.
They laugh at some of these youngsters getting into debt for lessons etc, when they will never break even.
The debt required to work up to a commercial license is outrageous, meanwhile the Fat Cats at the top keep getting the bonus's and asking for more from their workers.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
You're currently dealing with more threats to your trucking industry than just Mexicans and their trucks. Mid eastern types who use their temples/mosques as load brokers and are content to squeeze three or more into one cab are another group to watch.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:16 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,923,168 times
I still make very good money, but no, it's not what it used to be.. I have to work a lot harder than I once did to make it too... I'm an old man now and the young men won't do the kind of work I do to make it.. It's a sign of things to come...

Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,431,657 times
Was a time when an owner operator could reasonably expect to have a decent rig and keep it well maintained as well as make a mortgage payment and put some aside for a kid's college fund.

Today that trucker is competing with various entities whose sole purpose is to take the commercial transportation business to it's lowest common denominator and in so doing this forces the traditional companies to cut operating costs in areas of maintenance and driver safety. They are forced to lobby Washington to reduce restrictions on operating hours and other requirements in an ongoing effort to remain competitive.

It's all going to end very badly for the industry and the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies