Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 01:31 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
The richest people in the USA are DEMOCRATS.

The richest Congressmen are DEMOCRATS.

DEMOCRAT Obama raked in the most money ever from Wallstreet Bankers.

The DEMOCRATS always have their hands in others pockets enriching themselves.

Case in point: The richest US senator & ex-presidential candidate is John Kerry. Kerry & his wife are the richest because their wealth comes from their Heinz foods company. Heinz foods company makes them rich by overcharging for the food they sell to people on government food programs such as school lunch, food-stamps, SNAP, EBT, etc. John Kerry & his cronies always make sure these government food programs are well funded with your tax dollars under the guise of "helping to feed the poor". If he wanted to help the poor he would lower their food prices instead of "fleecing the poor" & the tax payers to amass his record profits with his high price Heinz foods.

ANY TIME A DEMOCRAT SAYS I'M HERE TO HELP - GRAB YOUR WALLET!!!
By far and away the richest Americans donate to the GOP as do corporations. It is true that Obama received most of Wall St's money but that just has to do with him being the incumbent and of course he's their lackey. Never has there been an election where the richest 1% of American give their money to Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 01:59 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
By far and away the richest Americans donate to the GOP as do corporations.
Um... NO.

Who did Bill Gates donate to? Oprah? Do I need to go on?
Quote:
It is true that Obama received most of Wall St's money but that just has to do with him being the incumbent
Obama was NOT the incumbent in 2008 when he took all that Wall Street money. What the heck are you talking about?
Quote:
...and of course he's their lackey.
Everyone knew that during the 2008 campaign. It was public knowledge. So why did you all elect Wall Street's lackey?
Quote:
Never has there been an election where the richest 1% of American give their money to Democrats.
Yes, there has... 2008. Obama.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:04 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
See the WSJ article that someone posted here yesterday. The richest Americans are all concentrated around Washington DC.

From that it would seem that the obvious first step towards reducing disparity would be to a) stop sending so much money to DC b) stop giving DC so much power in writing rules and regulations, which inevitably turns into a kind of protection racket whereby DC is able to rake in cash.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Um... NO.

Who did Bill Gates donate to? Oprah? Do I need to go on?
Obama was NOT the incumbent in 2008 when he took all that Wall Street money. What the heck are you talking about?
Everyone knew that during the 2008 campaign. It was public knowledge. So why did you all elect Wall Street's lackey?
Yes, there has... 2008. Obama.
Because the press adored Obama in 2008 and to find that information one had to hunt and read about it on non-MSM sites which the Dems instantly cried "foul, lies, tin foil" because if Huffpost didn't print it then it couldn't be true.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:18 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
By far and away the richest Americans donate to the GOP as do corporations. It is true that Obama received most of Wall St's money but that just has to do with him being the incumbent and of course he's their lackey. Never has there been an election where the richest 1% of American give their money to Democrats.

Actually you couldn't be more wrong if you deliberately tried. Here is a list of 'top all time donors' to politics, 1989 to 2010.
Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2012 | OpenSecrets

Pay attention to the 'tilt'column in this table; it is very telling. Not till #22 in the table do we find a donor who strongly tilts R (Altria, (formerly Philip Morris)). The first 21 are either split or tilt D. Goldman Sachs at 60-39 strongly D (#7). Citygroup 49-49 (#15). Both must have given a few bucks to the Greens as well. I doubt that they gave to the anti-corporate-welfare libertarians, although I hope I'm wrong.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:48 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Actually you couldn't be more wrong if you deliberately tried. Here is a list of 'top all time donors' to politics, 1989 to 2010.
Top All-Time Donors, 1989-2012 | OpenSecrets

Pay attention to the 'tilt'column in this table; it is very telling. Not till #22 in the table do we find a donor who strongly tilts R (Altria, (formerly Philip Morris)). The first 21 are either split or tilt D. Goldman Sachs at 60-39 strongly D (#7). Citygroup 49-49 (#15). Both must have given a few bucks to the Greens as well. I doubt that they gave to the anti-corporate-welfare libertarians, although I hope I'm wrong.
WOW!!!

If that isn't a VERY STRONG indictment of how corrupt the Dems are, I don't know what is.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
Tax the rich more. Use that money to rebuild America and fix our aging infrastructure around the country.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:14 PM

3,022 posts, read 2,276,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'm not sure what your definition of "middle class" is, but in my opinion, most middle class families cannot afford to pay for all college expenses.
If not all they can at least pay for some of it. What percentage can peoples who parents are poor pay?

Old 10-23-2011, 02:14 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Maybe handed was the wrong word more like made much easier. A kid from a middle class family has it a lot easier when his/her parents can pay for college where a kid from a poor area has a much tougher time getting ahead. The wealthier your parents are the better schools and better education you get.
My parents are middle class and they did not PAY or HAND me my college tuition. Do you know what they "gave" me? They "gave" me $150 a month while I went to school. Whoo! How easy I had it!

Do you know what I did? I went out and EARNED my college tuition. I even served my country and I got help towards my college tuition because of it.

If you think basic training was easy, eating Top Ramen for a year was easy, going without a car, taking the bus everywhere which meant standing in the dark, in the cold, in all kinds of inclement weather for a half an hour and then having it take an hour to go less than 15 miles, no cable, basic phone, (in case I had to call 911...cell phones weren't cheap in those days), hand me downs or thrift shop clothes worn until they were, literally, falling apart, studio apartment furnished with milk crates draped in towels for furniture, cold as HELL in the winter because couldn't afford high heat bill, doing my laundry at friends' houses or working at the apartment building helping to clean a vacant apartment so I could earn laundry tokens, etc, etc....if you think that was "EASY", you are sorely, SEVERELY mistaken.

I hate when people lump everyone in to a group. No, it is NOT true that those who have middle class parents "have it easy" or "easier than" "poor people". I have middle class parents and I was poor but I still managed to get my ass through college!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:12 PM

65 posts, read 70,285 times
If you see someone who needs your financial help, then help them. Otherwise don't even think about peoples' incomes. It is pathological to be chronically concerned about income inequality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies