Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I believe, in fact I know, that you missed the my point as a result of not following the flow of the discussion. Whether we were involved in the actual killing of Quaddafi or not the issue being discussed was the loci for the impetus for NATO and UN intervention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The real problem is the inability of the right to grasp the simplicity of the english language. From your citation of a LordBalfor quotation:
"But the US has turned it (the operation) over to NATO" and "we're not engaged in any kind of active hostilities,"
The a 3rd person singular present indicative of have, has, would indicate that at one point the U.S. was involved in active hostilities but no longer is.
Um,

Hillary said May 6th we were involved...

Check post date I quoted (May 12th) we're out of there

Your post "US: 16%, 801 strike sorties, (out of 5,005 strike sorties by June 30)"

So exactly when were we out of there?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
LOL..TS grasping at something to hate on. Obama receiving the Nobel Peace prize doesn't mean he can't utliize the military. In Libya, it was as part of NATO, in Pakistan, it was to get the man responsible for leading the 9-11 attacks.

For once, shut up and accept that Obama did a great job in accomplishing tasks the previous administration couldn't do.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:57 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Momar? That was none of our business.
PAN AM flight 103

Quote:
Libya already payed for blowing up the panam flight, it paid 10 million per family.
Money is not cure all.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:59 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
LOL..TS grasping at something to hate on. Obama receiving the Nobel Peace prize doesn't mean he can't utliize the military. In Libya, it was as part of NATO, in Pakistan, it was to get the man responsible for leading the 9-11 attacks.

For once, shut up and accept that Obama did a great job in accomplishing tasks the previous administration couldn't do.
Or
We can say our military is doing a great job inspite of their commander and chief.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post
PAN AM flight 103

Money is not cure all.
Oh this was about Pan AM flight 103
I thought the excuse was because Quadaffi was a very bad dictator and ruthless to his people.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or
We can say our military is doing a great job inspite of their commander and chief.
No, our commander and chief is the one that leads. Obama set a strategy that our military carried out.

To not acknowledge that would be selective hating...Carry on.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:02 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm kind of divided how to think about what happened and if the US is becoming now more or less save.

The world is better off without Osama Bin Laden, Khaddafi, etc...but is it the job of the US to order to kill these people?

With Osama I understand it more...he ordered and masterminded the 9/11 attacks and that way he declared war on us...but with Libia that is something else.

I know the Pan Am tragedy, and are very sorry for the victims and believe me I'm very happy the dictator is no longer amongst us, but what about revenge and trying to get dictators to be in court and sentence them...

Is Obama allowed to do all this?

I guess the Nobel Peace organization didn't expect Obama to do all this when they announced he won the Peace Prize...I guess Obama saw that as approval to do whatever he want...no longer he had to fear not to get the prize
Killing the instigators of terrorism and murder does justify a Nobel prize. In the case of OBL, we killed him with minimal collateral damage. Unfortunately in the case of Gaddafi, we murdered a great number of people and supported a group of thugs. In doing so, the death of Gaddafi is a happy side effect.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
No, our commander and chief is the one that leads. Obama set a strategy that our military carried out.

To not acknowledge that would be selective hating...Carry on.
I disagree.
He may have called for an action but he did not develope the strategy or tactics. The Joint chiefs are given a mission given the parameters and the Military figures out the best approach to complete the task. In other words they create the strategy.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I disagree.
He may have called for an action but he did not develope the strategy or tactics. The Joint chiefs are given a mission given the parameters and the Military figures out the best approach to complete the task. In other words they create the strategy.
Really? Were you in the war room? Who excatly gives the Joint Chiefs their parameters and sets the mission? Hmmmm THE PRESIDENT!! Who signs off on the final mission? THE PRESIDENT!!

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-21-2011 at 05:05 AM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies