Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:29 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i thought you were a hillary democrat.
Klintoon? LOL!

Quote:
i sense sarcasm on your part.
I disagree. The country needs a black man in charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Anyone other than me get that perverse sense irony that our friend from Stormfront would be all concerned about black folk urging black folk to vote for black folk?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:42 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddBall84 View Post
To you it is the USA I live in occupied Ga,CSA. Like it or not.
There is so many things wrong with this post I wouldn't know where to begin.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:03 AM

529 posts, read 363,769 times
If it was reversed ovcatto it would be nation wide news when a white talk show host told white people to vote for a white candidate for pride and loyalty and just because he is white.

Old 10-28-2011, 09:27 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Anyone other than me get that perverse sense irony that our friend from Stormfront would be all concerned about black folk urging black folk to vote for black folk?
Why would weathermen care about who black people vote for?

Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 AM

529 posts, read 363,769 times
Lol summers.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:09 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Haha, yeah, if Whites are concerned about overt racism and racial solidarity from Blacks, then they're neo nazis from Stormfront. If White people show even a 10th of the racial solidarity that Blacks express, then they're neo nazis from Stormfront. That's great logic that you have there.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:18 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
First wanted to point out this is an interesting and IMO fpretty funny thread.

It basically sums up to these two statements:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Question: Why is whom blacks voted for such a big issue for whites?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Because most whites still wish they could control black people. I'll expound if you wish.
I listen to Tom Joyner everyday. It is funny to me that some of you say "well he didn't say it on his show!" LOL!!! He has said it on his show for one. But for two, why do you care? Because you want to say your own prejudiced thoughts out loud! Because oh it's not fair that black people can say they are for black people but white people can't say they are for white people because of color. Wah-Wah-Wah . This is how you sound to me BTW. It is pretty funny.

But anyway. I don't agree with Tom Joyner. Even his co-host have told him they don't agree with him either with his reasoning and many of his guests have told him the same thing. Us black people are not a monolithic, dumb crowd, like some of you seem to think we are. We can think for ourselves. Tom says a bunch of crazy stuff IMO. His show is entertaining though and he does put his money where his mouth is. He frequently states how much he loves black people, he helps out black people instead of just ******ing about problems. He gives his time and money to causes in order to help black kids go to college or to help people out who are down on their luck. But regardless of all that, he is a DJ on a nationally syndicated show that is one of the most listened to in the country. His show is an ENTERTAINMENT show. Not a news channel or talk radio so really I do not see how he can be criticized for his personal feelings in this matter. He is not putting anyone down. He does not call anyone names. He just feels that Obama is the best candidate and should be re-elected and one of the reasons why he feels this way is (indeed) because Obama is black.

And just so all of you white people who keep bringing up Cain know. To most black people, black is black. We got that from white people who said one drop of black blood makes a person black. So since the president is half black, that means he's black. Even I consider anyone who is half black or 1/4 black or even 1/8 black as black.

But really this whole issue that some white people (the crazy ones) are making of the way black people vote screams to me that these crazy white people are mad that they can't make a black person vote for who they (the crazy white person) thinks is the best candidate. So I say awwwww to you. Too bad, so sad. Get over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
The President doesn't have to do anything. Joyner has a lot of listeners but that doesn't mean they'll vote for who he says to vote for. He's a damn disc jockey. Besides, most of his show is nothing but gossiping along with his morning crew. Go find somethng else to ****** about.
This is so true!!

Also wanted to mention that the info below about MLK:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Of course they don't. People are hypocrites, meaning all people (including myself). I'm just not sure why we leave stuff out because the message from a particular person was good. MLK had lots and lots of good things to say. To find out that he cheated on his wife numerous times (I thought it was just once), plagiarized his dissertation and wasn't even named Martin doesn't sit well with me.

One thing, though, that I did find out is that his wife found out that he cheated on her when the F.B.I. sent tapes to his house and she wouldn't even entertain the thought and, apparently, was a much stronger person than he was. He's still iconic.

(I'd rather not DM anyone. I'll reply to them in short but I come on to the forum to get other's views and you get the most replies on the message boards.)
That info is common knowledge. I learned that about MLK, especially about the COINTELPRO tapes and the FBI recordings that proved his infidelity (which I bet most men back in the 1960s cheated on their wives anyway). Also that his name was originally Michael but that his dad changed it when he was a little boy to Martin after Sr went on a trip and decided to change his name to Martin after Martin Luther. I learned this in jr high school when I was around 12 or 13. And from a white teacher at that. I also did not go to a predominately black school so those of you who don't know those common facts about MLK had horrible American History teachers. We also learned how President Taft got stuck in a tub because he was fat and had to be smothered in butter to get out. We learned that Van Buren wrote letters to a man that many presume to have been his lover, but it is not solid evidence but many think that he was gay. I had great, history teachers who made history very interesting so we talked a lot about the lucid affairs of historical figures all the good and bad. The object was to humanize them. Everyone has faults and embarrassments and secrets they want to hide from the public and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The only black people white people know are famous ones? You really think that's true? I'm from the south so it would literally be impossible for that to be true. Maybe in the north and north-western states? (never been there just going by stats)
I think that is true to an extent as well. I hear Oprah get brought up all the time as an example of how all black people can get rich. Her and Cosby and a host of sports stars. How about letting us know about the black inventors you know about other than George Washington Carver or the accomplishments of black people in your local community, local historical black figures. Also the fact that you act like the info you shared about MLK is some little known secret shows to me that you don't know much about a lot of nationally known black figures anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heetseeker View Post
Has anyone noticed that old tom is mixed as well?
Most black people are mixed. I am much darker than Tom and I have white people in my family. I am our family genealogist and found quite a few family members listed as "mullato" on our family tree. Tom was on Henry Lous Gates PBS program and had a white ancestor as well (whom he favors greatly) but he is not half white. Both is parents are black.

Old 10-28-2011, 01:21 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,903,092 times
Now I need to find a candidate of Dutch ancestry to know who I should vote for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies