Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 03:30 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"D.C. Region is Tops in Income"
lets not forget

tops in welfare per capita too

and one of the worst school systems in the country

and a very high crime rate

yep that DC has it all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 03:41 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
This is why so many of the rich don't mind taxes on the rich. It's class warfare, but the classes are tax-consumers such as Warren Buffett (http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/07/warren-buffett-eyes-big-bets-big-government - broken link)vs. tax-providers, such as the Koch Bros.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:41 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Anybody surprised? (Maybe someone needs to forward cc's of this article to the OWS crowd! )

"Washington, D.C., nosed out San Jose, Calif., as the nation's highest-income metropolitan region, fueled mainly by its army of attorneys, consultants, lobbyists and outside government contractors."

D.C. Region Is Tops in Income - WSJ.com
It seems that Investment Bankers are still making a lot more money than the median workers in Washington DC or San Jose.

JPMorgan Investment Bank Cuts Average Pay to $369,651 as '10 Revenue Falls - Bloomberg

Funds set aside to reward traders, deal makers and the unit’s other personnel increased 4 percent to $9.73 billion, or an average of $369,651 for each of the 26,314 workers, the company said today in an earnings supplement. That’s 2.4 percent less than the average of $378,600 a year earlier, when 24,654 people worked there. Compensation amounted to 37 percent of revenue last year, up from 33 percent in 2009.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:01 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The comparison of income vs net worth is bogus.
Two different "tops" lists.

Washington has highest median income, New York has the most wealth.
Those are two facts, compare them if you want, or not.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:29 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Waaaaah....there are people in D.C. who have it better than i do.
I think the point is that productive people are being heavily taxed to support a new aristocracy of political parasites that do nothing but destroy our economy, enable corrupt Big Business, encourage bankrupting war-mongering, and create a future of hopelessness and decline for our children.

I'd support Cain more if he wanted a 1-1-1 plan, since that's more than enough for Washington to waste.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
No surprise here. The DC bubble is one of the reasons obama is so disconnected - looking around that area, everybody is thriving..on the taxpayer dime of course. Obama's massive expansion of the government takes bodies to apply.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
I think the point is that productive people are being heavily taxed to support a new aristocracy of political parasites that do nothing but destroy our economy, enable corrupt Big Business, encourage bankrupting war-mongering, and create a future of hopelessness and decline for our children.

I'd support Cain more if he wanted a 1-1-1 plan, since that's more than enough for Washington to waste.
Fair enough. I don't believe that i'm being heavily taxed, though i do pay a nice amount, but i guess we see it differently. I certainly have a good idea of where i'd cut the spending, but it's sure as hell wouldn't be a popular idea amongst the folks on the right.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ok Frank...i'll bite.

Who among these rich elites are the "parasite class" in D.C.? Gimme an example.

And please, don't tell me about the guy at some filing cabinet in the Department of the Interior.
That poor guy will be looking for a job if Paul should happen to win the job of President. He wants to get rid of 5 cabinet level bureaucracies and Interior just happens to be one of them.

Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That poor guy will be looking for a job if Paul should happen to win the job of President. He wants to get rid of 5 cabinet level bureaucracies and Interior just happens to be one of them.
HA! Go Paul!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies