Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:07 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
baggy pants? will this stop the obscenenity of plumbers showing us their butt cracks when they bend over?
Well,its not actually a law yet,and its only proposed for Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,768,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy7fo View Post
Just another pathetic attempt by politicians to actually avoid focusing on important issues like poverty or crime. Hip-Hop isn't dead, Democracy with a purpose is dead....how sad
Another great post from the Zipster!

On a related topic, many states have adopted strange interpretations of "Crack house ordinances" that have effectively killed the Rave subculture. In Texas we used to have fantastic raves until legislators came up with clever schemes to prevent people from getting together and having fun according to the standards established by Texas Cultural Fascists.

Their stated purpose was to stop the use of ecstasy and other party drugs common at raves. The use of these drugs, however, isn't caused by music events. People are still doing the drugs, they're just not doing them at the same types of events. Such laws are as idiotic as regulating the way people wear their pants.

Legalize freedom.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
Another great post from the Zipster!

On a related topic, many states have adopted strange interpretations of "Crack house ordinances" that have effectively killed the Rave subculture. In Texas we used to have fantastic raves until legislators came up with clever schemes to prevent people from getting together and having fun according to the standards established by Texas Cultural Fascists.

Their stated purpose was to stop the use of ecstasy and other party drugs common at raves. The use of these drugs, however, isn't caused by music events. People are still doing the drugs, they're just not doing them at the same types of events. Such laws are as idiotic as regulating the way people wear their pants.

Legalize freedom.
I agree with you that they need to Legalize freedom.People aren't going to stop sagging if its made law that you can't.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM

Unbeliveable,in Shreveport,Louisiana and Alexandria,Louisiana they banned sagging pants.We are slowly losing our freedoms.Pretty soon they'll start banning words that we can't say.My freedoms come from God not the government,so I don't know why they feel they can take the freedoms God gave me away.I knew that they would start banning sagging pants in other towns.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:23 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,137,361 times
Wow the government is doing a lot worse than banning pants. It's sad that after 6 years of destroying the Constitution and 2 years after Katrina and the blatent ignoring of the African-American community (among other issues), this is what what angers you?

Maybe some less bling and boobs and more Public Enemy might be in order?

What does it take? Really, what will wake up hip hop?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Wow the government is doing a lot worse than banning pants. It's sad that after 6 years of destroying the Constitution and 2 years after Katrina and the blatent ignoring of the African-American community (among other issues), this is what what angers you?

Maybe some less bling and boobs and more Public Enemy might be in order?

What does it take? Really, what will wake up hip hop?
That pisses me off too that the African Americans of New Orleans are being ignored and not getting the help they need down in New Orleans.Just watch,if a hurricane or some natural disaster hits Washington DC,they'll have all the plans for what to do during and after the hurricane figured out before the thing even hits,because if a hurricne hits DC it effects the government.And it really is just a matter of time till a hurricane hits the Northeast.No,theres many things that are pissing me off with this country right now besides them banning baggy and sagging pants in certain cities.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:16 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
It's so pathetic. Popular music including rock and r&b is dead. The art of rap is long gone too. Pop is manufactured crap from a computer and hip hop is a trainwreck of untalented idiots with little artistic talent or integrety.

The soul has been sucked out of all it and what once was incredible r&b is now forgettable hip hop that is 100% image and 0% music or talent.

All that and baggy pants.

Maybe this will be a battle cry for the hip hop community. Certainly Katrina wasn't, certainly this administration's use of the Constitution as toilet paper wasn't, certainly, the illegal purging of 50,000 black voters in Florida in 2000 from the voting lists
did not get hip hoppers to get beyond the booty and $$$bling$$$

What will?

Baggy pants?
rock and r&b is not dead....only in certain areas but trust me it's alive and well in other places.I just left Miami and in my new area I am in guitar heaven.

and just ask harvester,who is in Austin,I was just there and it's kickin' with good blues and rock.I love Texas as much as central coastal Florida,Nashville is cool also.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
CTownNative you do realize that this was proposed by a black politician in Atlanta? It sounds like Southern moralistic preaching but what do I know? I'm from Miami where we have nude beaches!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:48 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
I am all for "banning" anything that smacks of trash culture, and Hip Hop certainly the champion of bringing down what is left of anything decent in our culture. But am not for the government doing it, except in cases of criminal activity, etc. I am ALL FOR the public banning them, but evidently the big sleeping dog has no intention of sticking its neck out for common decency any more. Just my .02.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:54 AM

1,235 posts, read 3,768,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I am all for "banning" anything that smacks of trash culture, and Hip Hop certainly the champion of bringing down what is left of anything decent in our culture.
You wrote these words under your sub-header that says "Trying to be nice."

So, is it your way of being "nice" to ban everything you don't understand or agree with?

I'm glad you weren't part of the Constitutional Convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies