Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 04:24 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The only way liberals could be responsible for Obama's actions regarding this issue is if there was a way liberals could have known before election what his actions would be. Neither conservatives, moderates or liberals have prophetic abilities. Conservatives didn't know that Obama was going to order Americans executed without due process, and liberals didn't know this either.
Everyone knew well before the election the kind of slimeball Obama was, and still is. Maybe if you did not watch only those TV programs that support your particular liberal view and spoon feed you politically correct information, you would have known as well.

There is no excuse for ignorance, but it is a game liberals are particularly good at playing.

Quote:
The Patriot Act was and continues to be bi-partisan in that support for it came from both sides of the aisle to begin with, and that Presidents of both parties have argued on its behalf.
The USAPATRIOT Act had absolutely nothing to do with Obama's unconstitution assassination of two American citizens. That lands squarely in the lap of you liberal freaks, for putting this jerk into power in the first place. Democrats excel at electing exceptionally bad Presidents that only do harm to the nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Again you are clueless. I've urged liberals not to vote for Obama mulitple times in this forum. That's taking responsiblity.

I've never claimed there are no bad Dems on civil liberties...they bad ones join forces with almost 100% of the GOP to pass legislation that curtails civil liberties...those are the facts....It does not matter who is in control. .....bad people are in control of Congress and most of them are GOP.
Speaking of being utterly clueless, it was the GOP minority and a handful of Democrats that enacted the Civil Rights Act into law. All the rest of the Democrats vehemently opposed the bill. Democrats continued to support Sen. Robert "KKK" Byrd all the way until the end, and he tried to filibuster the Civil Rights Act for 14 hours.

No political party in US history has a more shameful record against civil rights and civil liberties than the Democratic Party.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
I opposed Padilla being held without trial as well,how about you?
At least Jose Padilla was given due process. Which is more than you can say Obama gave his assassination victims.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So he personally pulled the trigger? Were you outraged when Bush caused the death of tens of thousands of Iraqies?
If he OKs it then YES. What crime was the 16 year old accused of ?

Bush did not have a hit list for US President sanctioned assassinations did he ?

You are comparing apples to grapefruits and thinking they are the same.
Congress approved the war in Iraq in case you forgot.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:38 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
The only way liberals could be responsible for Obama's actions regarding this issue is if there was a way liberals could have known before election what his actions would be. Neither conservatives, moderates or liberals have prophetic abilities. Conservatives didn't know that Obama was going to order Americans executed without due process, and liberals didn't know this either.

The Patriot Act was and continues to be bi-partisan in that support for it came from both sides of the aisle to begin with, and that Presidents of both parties have argued on its behalf.
There are responsible in this respect, the libs never held Obama accountable for anything in his life. They gave him a complete pass from the day he entered politics, and after he was elected, so 0bama feels he is can do whatever he likes, and get away with it.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to start off by saying that I do not agree with killing American citizens. I would hope that this teenager was killed inadvertently or misidentified as someone else and if so, I do feel the president and the administration should state as such and own up to it. I also do not support the Patriot Act and think it is horrible. I didn't like it under Bush, that and the Iraq war were really the only major issues I had with him, and I don't like how Obama is continuing the precedence set by Bush.

But also wanted to point out that the 5th as printed below can be interpreted to mean that an exception is made during times of war concerning indictment and having a trial as indicated by the bolded area below. It can be easily discerned that this sort of situation that has been upheld in the Supreme Court is allowable based on that portion of the 5th amendment. Not all citizens will be in the actual country while they are comitting a crime and the Supreme Court has dealt with this sort of unique situation as a PP pointed out.

That doesn't mean that I agree with it though.
I did, and still do, support the USAPATRIOT Act. It is a good bill and sorely needed after the Democrats turned our law enforcement into joke with their bureaucratic nonsense that had absolutely nothing to do with the US Constitution.

I agree with your interpretation of the Fifth Amendment's exception. It can, and was in Jose Padilla's case, used precisely as you describe. Padilla was judged to be a "public danger" by no less than three separate federal judges. Padilla also got his due process. Which is more than can be said about Obama's murder victims.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
There are responsible in this respect, the libs never held Obama accountable for anything in his life. They gave him a complete pass from the day he entered politics, and after he was elected, so 0bama feels he is can do whatever he likes, and get away with it.
Because he has. Even Libya got brushed under the table by Congress.
And the DOJ..they're busy with their own secret operations.

Obama must have some big money and big power behind him is all I can figure.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If he OKs it then YES. What crime was the 16 year old accused of ?
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bush did not have a hit list for US President sanctioned assassinations did he ?

You are comparing apples to grapefruits and thinking they are the same.
Congress approved the war in Iraq in case you forgot.
Bush did indeed have a hit list for presidentially sanctioned assassinations, but NONE of them were US citizens. That makes all the difference.

Old 10-21-2011, 04:59 PM

Think about it people..we have our own government killing US citizens without giving them due process. And some of you condone this ? You should be outraged...the US has laws to protect citizens and they are innocent until found guilty by a jury of their peers, not some secret committee that puts a "hit" on them.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Again you are clueless. I've urged liberals not to vote for Obama mulitple times in this forum. That's taking responsiblity.
You have, I can attest to that..but I think you would still vote for him over the GOP candidate...or would you stay home?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies