Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 04:32 PM

247 posts, read 354,509 times

Advertisements

African Americans who look mixed are more mainstream, they are considered less threatening, and most people agree that they are more attractive than black people who don't look mixed. I know that if I looked mixed my life would be so much easier. People would be nicer and more accepting of me. I wouldn't have to question or constantly worry about how attractive or feminine I appear to the opposite sex. all the negative things said about black women especially dark black women in the media would not affect me. I'd be able to open up an African American magazine and see women who resembled me. Dating the opposite sex would be so much easier. If there was some type of surgery that could make me look naturally mixed like Lauren London, Rihanna or Beyonce I'd be the first in line to get it. I really wished my family would have mixed the gene pool a lot more. I don't know what they were thinking, it's like they didn't take into account how hard life would be on their offspring (especially for girls) by mating with each other.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:08 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,443 times
I think Beyonce looks plain.

When I see documentaries of actual African women, they are all absolutely gorgeous, imo.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:28 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,502 times
Stop it. Stop trying to have a pity party. Yes, sometimes society prefers lighter and mixed black people. Yes, it is wrong. But, woman, have some pride in yourself. Stop getting depressed over it. You never will be light or mixed. Be the best looking dark skinned woman that you can be. Focus on activities other than your looks. Who cares what other people think about your looks. 99% of people are stupid anyway. Focus on having good health and living a full life. Set goals for yourself. And no, light skinned people do not have life easy. That is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if your family mixed in the past. Half of my family is light (on both sides) and i still came out dark. Just....stop. *sigh*

Old 04-11-2013, 07:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
Nyanna dear, you need to quit creating new screen names to whine about terrible you have it and go see a professional about your self-image issues.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,452,177 times
You should embrace your qualities! Having a victim mentality like this will definitely not make life any easier for you.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,555,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
African Americans who look mixed are more mainstream, they are considered less threatening, and most people agree that they are more attractive than black people who don't look mixed. I know that if I looked mixed my life would be so much easier. People would be nicer and more accepting of me. I wouldn't have to question or constantly worry about how attractive or feminine I appear to the opposite sex. all the negative things said about black women especially dark black women in the media would not affect me. I'd be able to open up an African American magazine and see women who resembled me. Dating the opposite sex would be so much easier. If there was some type of surgery that could make me look naturally mixed like Lauren London, Rihanna or Beyonce I'd be the first in line to get it. I really wished my family would have mixed the gene pool a lot more. I don't know what they were thinking, it's like they didn't take into account how hard life would be on their offspring (especially for girls) by mating with each other.
Nyanna, Rage, and whatever name you come up with next, at this point, I think most of us here on CD would like to smack your parents for creating you. Now, go take your meds.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:56 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Oh Nyanna, Nyanna...it truly is time for some new material my darling.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:18 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Fwiw,Obama stillgets called a monkey,and he is mixed.
I've heard Stacey dAsh referred to as a monkey too.
Less attrractive mixed race people do exist. You know Tiny,Tisha Campbell?

Old 04-12-2013, 04:13 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Sometimes when we are not happy with our life we find the one thing we cannot change and blame our sadness on it. Like people who regret having or not having kids.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Having entertained black woman from Africa in my home - I learned of a certain racism that is practice among black elite from the continent of Africa. They said that status comes in the form of skin tone. The blacker you are the lower you are. It's not just whites who practice this exclusive behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies