Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 06:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Like I said... "Mission Accomplished!"...

Run along now...
Ah, you don't need to run away, please defend Obama's continuation of Bush's failure.

Come on I know you want to blame the Rothschilds come on you can do it! Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2011, 06:29 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes just do some of your own research. I keep spoon feeding you and you get more curious. Do a little of your own research. This is the last time I will help you. The SOFA was negotiated in 2008. So Bush was able to negotiate keeping over 100 thousand troops in Iraq under favorable terms. Obama couldn't negotiate keeping 3000 troops there for a year.
Why didn't Bush just negotiate at the start that as long as there were US troops in Iraq, they would have legal protections?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Why didn't Bush just negotiate at the start that as long as there were US troops in Iraq, they would have legal protections?
You would have to ask Bush how he successfully negotiated the deal. Better yet, Obama should have!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
You would have to ask Bush how he successfully negotiated the deal. Better yet, Obama should have!
But he didn't negotiate that. Why would you send troops in the first place without the protections they need for as long as they are there?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
The power hungry people in DC (both sides) love war and what it brings.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
But he didn't negotiate that. Why would you send troops in the first place without the protections they need for as long as they are there?
As, I indicated, diplomacy is a difficult dance that requires skill. I would ask Bush how he successfully orchestrated the deal, Obama dismally failed at.

Or perhaps, he knew he wouldn't be President in 2011 and wanted to give his successor an opportunity to forge an even better deal. I am sure he could never have imagined the epic failure that currently occupies the WH.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:41 PM

Quote:
As, I indicated, diplomacy is a difficult dance that requires skill. I would ask Bush how he successfully orchestrated the deal, Obama dismally failed at.
Obviously Bush didn't. Bush sent troops into war and then left their legal protections at risk to the wills and demands of foreign lawmakers.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Obviously Bush didn't. Bush sent troops into war and then left their legal protections at risk to the wills and demands of foreign lawmakers.
This is an odd road you are going down. Bush's success wasn't successful enough, but Obama's failure isn't a failure at all. You will need to see a chiropractor with that kind of twisting!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:43 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersied View Post
They are worried about what happened in Vietnam and Saigon. I wonder how soon Iraq will be taken over by forces unfriendly to the US with the power to do something about it this time..
Perhaps some thought should have been put into that prior to the invasion.

Of course, considering the last nine years of ethnic and religious murder and ethnic cleansing while American troops were on the ground, I would suggest that we've already experienced that part of the equation.

As for forces "unfriendly" to the U.S... again perhaps that should have been thought through before handing over power to two parties that for most of their existence were trained, financed and harbored by Iran.

Either way, if your view is that Iraq is ready to blow up in renewed ethnic strive just how long do you think that U.S. can sit on the power keg, another 10 years, 20, maybe 100, and at the end of that period what do you believe will have changed?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I am sure that Bush didn't anticipate that Obama would be such a failure and Incapable of pulling this off. In that respect you are correct, it was Bush's failure of imagination to predict the incompetence of Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies