Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 01:18 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you say so. Secede and see what happens, just don't come crying to us when they mop the floor with you guys.
"come running to us"? What's are the urban metrosexuals going to do about it? Send a strongly worded message?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 01:20 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
"come running to us"? What's are the urban metrosexuals going to do about it? Send a strongly worded message?
Why do you have such a low opinion of the United States military.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Why do you have such a low opinion of the United States military.
I suspect far more members of the United States military are from the south than the north. Besides, the military is under civilian control...given the type of spineless politicians elected in the NE, I would suspect the military would be disbanded. Or they would spend so much time using the military as a social engineering experiment that the only soldiers left would be unwiling to hurt anyone. If you remember your history, many of the best leaders of the civil war, including West Point grads, were from the south and fought with the confederacy.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:26 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
The cause would be the rise in federal government. The motivation would be to start all over again. The hope would be, a better managed fed or no fed at all.

Repeat history, why the heck not?

Reconstruction

Old 10-22-2011, 01:28 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
. If you remember your history, many of the best leaders of the civil war, including West Point grads, were from the south and fought with the confederacy.
The South lost to the North. If you want to try it again go for it.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:48 AM

Quote:
okfine.

Lighten up, Francis. Just having a little fun with ya.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:22 AM

123 posts, read 219,262 times
This topic is dripping in ignorance. The saying "the south will rise again" doesn't refer towards confederacy at all. Its a saying that means the south will be prosperous and an economic powerhouse once again like it was before it was burned down.

So the south already has began to rise again. Atlanta, raleigh, nashville, and charlotte are proof.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:13 AM

529 posts, read 363,769 times
I don't think the South will need to rise again. With the amount of stupidity we elect to DC eventually the empire is going to collapse. I for one really hope I am around to see it collapse.

Old 10-22-2011, 07:18 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times
Quote:
I don't think they would even be able to get off the couch.

Short of the select few urban areas, this place is run-down and dirty .. there are no sidewalks or street lights .. They pile their trash along the road (just like they do in Haiti) and sometimes it takes days for anyone to come along and pick it up

I told my wife that if Texas ever does seceed, I'd move back home to Montana. Living in a third world country just doesn't hold it for me like it would for most of these loud, lazy braggarts down here.

The southland has most of this stuff handed to them on a silver platter and they still don't know what to do with it .. I've never seen so many whiners in my life .. The entitlement mentality rules the day down here, and the crime knows no ends ..

Sure .. Let them go .. We already pass billions of dollars out to other, less deserving, nations around the world in foreign aid, so why should Texas, or it's sister states be any different?

Old 10-22-2011, 07:19 AM

529 posts, read 363,769 times
No Big Loss.Go ahead leave big.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies