Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2011, 01:38 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I know, I know. The AGWarmists think the climate should be static.

Still clinging to the hoax?

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News
People like Al Gore are tuning into millionaires by pushing the threat of man-made global warming, and the fools can't even see it. Al Gore was worth a total of about $300k when he left the White house in 2000, now he is laughing all the way to the bank, with his $100 million.

How many corporations like GE and Solydra, and Sun Power, are getting billions in taxpayer subsides and loans and give aways, all in the name of combating man-made global warming??? Wake up fools!!!

Subsidies for biofuels in the United States have reached levels unimagined when support for an "infant industry" began in the late 1970s. Today, the infant has grown into a strapping behemoth with a powerful sense of entitlement and an insatiable appetite for ethanol's primary feedstock: corn. In 2009, the U.S. Department of Agriculture reported a record corn harvest of 13.2 billion bushels, 9 percent larger than the harvest of 2008. Ethanol production consumed more than a quarter of that crop--enough to feed 330 million people for a year, according to the Earth Policy Institute, an environmental organization in Washington, DC...

Doug Koplow, founder of the energy consulting firm Earth Track in Cambridge, MA, has calculated that the combination of tax credits, mandates, and tariffs will cost taxpayers $400 billion from 2008 through 2022, assuming that the mandated targets can be met. Eventually, 16 billion gallons are to come from cellulosic biofuels--yet not a drop of such fuels is now being commercially produced. If President Obama's target becomes fact, the cumulative taxpayer cost of subsidizing biofuels will exceed $1 trillion by 2030.

Biofuel Backlash - Technology Review

Who do they think will get rich off of that $1 trillion? You and me? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 01:41 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
I know, I know. The AGWarmists think the climate should be static.

Still clinging to the hoax?

New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News
You didn't answer my question. Are you saying that CO2 doesn't trap heat?

Old 10-23-2011, 01:41 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Let me Google that for you (http://tinyurl.com/3qzeppw - broken link)
Or you could look at this one instead... CO2 lags temperature - what does it mean?

Long answer, yes CO2 traps heat unless you feel like denying physics and satellite observations:

all that blue has been taken away by greenhouse gases

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ansmission.png

Old 10-23-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No where even close to how water vapor and methane do. So drain the oceans, kill the animals and fill in the swamps and marshes, we need to cool the planet back to the good old days of the little ice-age. Of course no one is asking to do any of these things because there is no money to be made in it.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:44 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
No where even close to how water vapor and methane do. So drain the oeans, kill the animals and fill in the swamps and marshes, we need to cool the planet back to the good old days of the little ice-age.
No. Those are terrible ideas. So you agree with me. CO2 does trap heat?

Old 10-23-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
No. Those are terrible ideas. So you agree with me. CO2 does trap heat?
Yes it does, but just how much it does, and how little a role it plays with the climate and atmosphere is something no one knows quite yet. So if you are trying to claim the rise in temps since the little ice-age is a smoking gun..... sorry, i don't buy it. I'm sure the Al Gore types, GE, Solyndra, Sun Power, Wall Street carbon traders, or the big biofuels corps will disagree with me. follow the money, and stop being a fool and useful idiot.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:35 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Did I say we should just switch overnight? No.
No... but your legislation is pushing for that. Either that is its focus, or it is simply looking to get rich off of pushing people into a direction that is not practical.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
CO2 is not a pollutant, but too much in the atmosphere will trap too much heat.

Actually, the heat traping point to which CAGW relies upon has already been shown empirically to be incorrect. That is, the levels of "trapping" to which they claimed Co2 would achieve is far higher than what actually is happening.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Does your point have any relevance to the information he provided?

look at the information, the models proclaimed that there would be a much higher point before the heat was expelled into space. The reality is that point is far lower than they thought... ie... the "trapping" aspect is not their smoking gun and this is why the CAGW position is on shaky ground. Without being able to claim such, the entire hypothesis is invalid.

Old 10-23-2011, 06:01 PM

54 posts, read 112,007 times
Quote:
A refutation of Spencer's paper: http://geotest.tamu.edu/userfiles/216/Dessler2011.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies