Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:14 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Don't forget me!
Actually Obama is not a neocon, just like Bush was not a neocon, but they both have made very big mistakes and that is that they had a lot of NeoCons in their cabinet. They are like cockroaches, they are always around.

Fortunately, Obama has purged a lot of them, but they still play leading roles in the pentagon etc.

Neoconservatism in the Obama Age (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/election/646 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 10:15 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Are you sure you are not referring to Conservatives?
No! I am positive I am refering to liberals

Old 10-22-2011, 10:56 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Troll
Exactly what this thread is. Thank you.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:58 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
So do we have any neocons on this forum who believe we should invade Iran.

No

This

Followed by this just to make sure

http://blueseahorsesyndicate.org/images/hydrogen%20bomb%20v%20tsar%201.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-22-2011, 11:05 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Just more name calling, with no discussion of the topic. Typical. If you don't have anything intelligent to say about the topic, feel free not to post anything.

The topic is Neocons and their foreign policy stance. Please try to keep up.
Exactly. Scotty011 is a proud member of my 100+ strong Ignore List, a list comprised of children, pouty blamers, blind partisan hacks, extremists, and anger management cases (as I've determined them to be, I could be wrong). I do have to value my health, you know.

Attacking Iran is possible, though stupid and unnecessary. Invading it would be a huge mistake. It would end our country. This Iran "problem", however, is not a neocon or partisan type of event. Our military industrial complex needs to keep its profits up. The pullout from Iraq portends some future warfare bonanza for our defense contractors. I'm sure some uprising is in the planning and/or implementation stage about now...

Old 10-22-2011, 11:19 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I know Bachmann and Romney (neocons) believe we should stay in Iraq they probably would believe that we should also invade Iran.

Any other neocons believe that we should be invading Iran?
Lol, and the military, and Obama and Iraqis and the NY Times......

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/wo...e.html?_r=2&hp

"President Obama’s announcement on Friday that all American troops would leave Iraq by the end of the year was an occasion for celebration for many, but some top American military officials were dismayed by the announcement, seeing it as the president’s putting the best face on a breakdown in tortured negotiations with the Iraqis.

And for the negotiators who labored all year to avoid that outcome, it represented the triumph of politics over the reality of Iraq’s fragile security’s requiring some troops to stay, a fact everyone had assumed would prevail. But officials also held out hope that after the withdrawal, the two countries could restart negotiations more productively, as two sovereign nations."

Old 10-22-2011, 11:29 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why not? It's Obama that invaded Libya and is getting us involved in plenty of wars and mini-wars around the globe.

Neocons aren't in the White House -- or did you forget?
Your information, while wrong, is wrong.

The Obama administration pressed Thursday for greater United Nations authority to confront Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi’s forces by land, air and sea, while insisting that Arab governments play a central role in any possible military action.
Obama administration seeks more U.N. authority to intervene in Libya - The Washington Post

Unless you use the word "Obama" to mean "United Nations."
The strikes took place less than 48 hours after the UN had authorised the use of "all necessary force" to protect civilians from Gaddafi's brutal attempts to regain control of his country.
Allied strikes sweep Libya as west intervenes in conflict | World news | guardian.co.uk

Wait a second....
What you're saying is that Obama controls the United Nations???!!!!! Dare we let one man have such power???? CAN HE BE STOPPED BEFORE WORLD DOMINATION??? I think not. I guess I'll just have to agree with you that Obama controls the United Nations and makes them do his will, because hey, Obama got mad skillz -N- stuff.
http://www.yasrsly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/obama-speech-he-is-dead-gif.gif (broken link)

Old 10-22-2011, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Exactly. Scotty011 is a proud member of my 100+ strong Ignore List, a list comprised of children, pouty blamers, blind partisan hacks, extremists, and anger management cases (as I've determined them to be, I could be wrong). I do have to value my health, you know.

Attacking Iran is possible, though stupid and unnecessary. Invading it would be a huge mistake. It would end our country. This Iran "problem", however, is not a neocon or partisan type of event. Our military industrial complex needs to keep its profits up. The pullout from Iraq portends some future warfare bonanza for our defense contractors. I'm sure some uprising is in the planning and/or implementation stage about now...
I know right. I am going to have to add him to my list as well.

Well while I agree that there is a military industrial complex that feeds the beast to go to war with anyone. You can't argue with the fact that the neocons are openly agitating for war with Iran. When I say neocon, I am not talking about the rank and file republican party or Tea Party members. I am talking about the neocon part of the Republican party. Kristol and his neocon rag the weekly standard are like the godfathers of the neocon movement.

Bill Kristol: 'We Have An Engraved Invitation' For War With Iran | ThinkProgress

Old 10-22-2011, 12:03 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,023,962 times
No, we shouldn't invade. But we should be in a posture that suggests we can and would invade if Iran did something immensely stupid like lob missiles at Israel or try to put military boots on the ground in Iraq.

The Iranian regime will likely implode on its own in the fairly near future. The youth of the country are quite dissatisfied with the current state of affairs, and will eventually be strong enough to effect a change. There's a reasonable chance that if and when that happens we could have much better relations with Iran. But if we invade, or even engage in limited strikes on nuclear facilities, we risk solidifying our standing as an enemy of all citizens of Iran, not jut an enemy of Aquavelvajad and the Ayatollahs.

Our best course of action would be to continue to keep Iran contained and then throw a little weight behind the revolution when it comes like we've recently done in Libya.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpaddy View Post
No, we shouldn't invade. But we should be in a posture that suggests we can and would invade if Iran did something immensely stupid like lob missiles at Israel or try to put military boots on the ground in Iraq.

The Iranian regime will likely implode on its own in the fairly near future. The youth of the country are quite dissatisfied with the current state of affairs, and will eventually be strong enough to effect a change. There's a reasonable chance that if and when that happens we could have much better relations with Iran. But if we invade, or even engage in limited strikes on nuclear facilities, we risk solidifying our standing as an enemy of all citizens of Iran, not jut an enemy of Aquavelvajad and the Ayatollahs.

Our best course of action would be to continue to keep Iran contained and then throw a little weight behind the revolution when it comes like we've recently done in Libya.
Why do you think we need to protect Israel from Iran. Last time I checked Israel had a better military than Iran, not to mention Nuclear weapons. Let them protect themselves. Lets stop playing world police force.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies