Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 11:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
We didn't elect a celebrity we elected a President
And he's at your beck and call 24/7.
Bush went to bed before 2130 every night.
Yes, that's 9:30 PM.

If you don't want to watch him, don't.
No one is forcing you to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Reagan was a good president The same cannot be said about what we have in the White House now.
I completely disagree with you.
Reagan sucked as president.
I lived through it.

Might want to look at a debt graph (it's been posted numerous times on CD) to see what I'm talking about.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:25 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Obama is a public servant and is thus open to critisism from his employers (we the taxpayer),
get over it.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:32 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Reagan was a good president The same cannot be said about what we have in the White House now.
So what it sounds like you are saying is that you would not like Obama if he is a celebrity or not, this just another way to say I hate him, without any real reason. I mean obviously Reagan was a celebrity, and you had no problem with that.

O.K. we get it. You hate Obama. Carry on.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Obama is a public servant and is thus open to critisism from his employers (we the taxpayer),
get over it.
Sure criticize all you want; however, if they are really baseless criticisms don't expect people to actually listen to you. There are a lot of good reasons to criticize the president. This is one of the stupid ones. IMO.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:50 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So what it sounds like you are saying is that you would not like Obama if he is a celebrity or not, this just another way to say I hate him, without any real reason. I mean obviously Reagan was a celebrity, and you had no problem with that.

So what you are saying is it's ok for a president to go on the Tonight Show and look crazy while many Americans are unemployed?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
So what you are saying is it's ok for a president to go on the Tonight Show and look crazy while many Americans are unemployed?
Why does he look crazy? That's a crazy statement.

The president can do what he wants on his own time. After all, Bush took almost 1/3 of his presidential time on holiday (after he declared war on Iraq because "he tried to kill my daddy" and we were in crisis).

Yet you choose to whine about a few hours when he's not at work.

Yep, makes sense to me.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:56 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post

No you don't get it.

Reagan was a celebrity. That was his JOB before he became president.

Was Obama an actor too before he became the POTUS?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Oh who cares if he goes on Leno? Whether he does or not has zero to do with the economy, lack of jobs, etc in this country. Not everything in this country is Obama's fault.

We have 435 voting members in the US House of Representatives. We have 100 Senators. We also have thousands of mayors, councilmen, controllers, etc in local government.

I repeat not everything in this country is the fault of Barack Obama.

An inconsequential appearance on a talk show does not make or break a country.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:57 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Why does he look crazy? That's a crazy statement.

The president can do what he wants on his own time. After all, Bush took almost 1/3 of his presidential time on holiday (after he declared war on Iraq because "he tried to kill my daddy" and we were in crisis).

Yet you choose to whine about a few hours when he's not at work.

Yep, makes sense to me.

Maybe it's just me but appearing on the Tonight Show showing all your teeth while the U.S. economy is a mess with high unemployment makes him look......................."CRAZY"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies