Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 05:21 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Cool map when you click on Detroit it's a sea of red lines. Folks are fleeing that city in droves, looks like to they are headed to the South.
Put it anywhere near Chicago and you can see a mass exit, hopefully they are all liberals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 05:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
I live in Texas. We are touted as great example of how a state should be run fiscally yet our governor has been soundly rejected for the Republican nomination. Meanwhile, the most liberal candidate looks as though he is inevitably going to win the nomination, much to the chagrin of many conservatives.

To me, I see a map full of RINO states.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
“Drowning in deficits, Illinois has turned to a deliberate policy of not paying billions of dollars in bills for months at a time.…” So that big tax increase passed by Obama’s home state, which likes to do things the Obama way, didn’t fix the revenue problem. Someone needs to call the president and explain that to him."

We came 15000 votes short of electing a Republican Gov last time, our current Governor Jello as we like to call him isn't very popular here...

He might be the first one in a long time not to go to prison when he gets voted out in the next election is about the only good thing he has going...
It's sad our state is such a ****hole. Until Madigan is out, I don't see any chance of Illinois flipping to red. He and the democratic party have had a stranglehold on this state for far too long and have literally run it into the dirt.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It appears as though people fed up with the fiscal irresponsibility in Blue States are moving to Red States.

The Red State in Your Future - Forbes
Pfffft...i live in a broke Red State already. Why in the hell would i move to another one?

Of course, folks are ignoring the fact that many of these people are headed south because of the weather, and not necessarily for financial reasons.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,515 times
Have always lived in blue states (when living in the US). Currently live in a red state - have not regretted it one bit.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:36 PM

1,266 posts, read 3,223,292 times
Hell, no! I love my Nanny!

Excuse me now, gotta go meditate and then grab a latte.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Folks leave Blue states because they have become liberal hellholes but they don't leave behind the liberal politics. Kind of defeats the purpose.
Exactly! The idiot people moving to PA en masse from New York, New Jersey, and Maryland all move here because their states are such wrecks and mine isn't, and then they start voting in the same Democrats that trashed their home state to begin with. These are not liberals moving to red states, these are more moderate minded people who tend to vote Democrat or for a Mitt Romney type Republican. Then the new state is trashed and former farmland and rural area is paved over. Don't blame the liberals, they are the ones who stay in the blue states, it's the moderates that can't figure out their choice of politician is the reason why their home state sucks.

That being said, hopefully Wisconsin will see the light and become a red state in 2013

Old 10-22-2011, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Exactly! The idiot people moving to PA en masse from New York, New Jersey, and Maryland all move here because their states are such wrecks and mine isn't, and then they start voting in the same Democrats that trashed their home state to begin with. These are not liberals moving to red states, these are more moderate minded people who tend to vote Democrat or for a Mitt Romney type Republican. Then the new state is trashed and former farmland and rural area is paved over. Don't blame the liberals, they are the ones who stay in the blue states, it's the moderates that can't figure out their choice of politician is the reason why their home state sucks.

That being said, hopefully Wisconsin will see the light and become a red state in 2013
LOL...Pennsylvania is some sort of utopia? Really?

Oh boy! This is getting good.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:09 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pfffft...i live in a broke Red State already. Why in the hell would i move to another one?

Of course, folks are ignoring the fact that many of these people are headed south because of the weather, and not necessarily for financial reasons.
Obviously you did not read the linked article.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obviously you did not read the linked article.
Uh yea...i did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies