Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times

Advertisements

i already live in a red state, unfortunately though the county i live in is quite blue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 08:56 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Wonder how many of those blue states have initiative and referendum? That caused many of the problems in California.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:13 PM

393 posts, read 652,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ok well you can dream all you like. You might want to look at where the growth is at as far as the US population is concerned. ....They are Hispanic and they vote Democratic. Seems you white, "real Americans" can't stop working your dead end jobs and playing Halo to make babies...Sucks for you.
How old are you? You really think that Hispanics are liberals. Historically they are very religious and conservative but the democraps have led them to believe that the US is willing to GIVE them everything for free and the Republicans want fiscal responsibility. I would guess the "LEGAL" Hispanic voters are probably 60% democrapic and 40% Republican right now. I highly doubt that will change before the 2012 elections. Not nearly enough to keep The One in office. Go ahead and accept this face. There will be a huge power shift to the right in Nov 2012.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
It appears as though people fed up with the fiscal irresponsibility in Blue States are moving to Red States.

The Red State in Your Future - Forbes
When you look at these words from WSJ you have to wonder why blue people want to remain Blue.

A Wall Street Journal article points out that about $200 billion of the president’s misnamed “jobs bill” was little more than a state bailout for teachers and construction workers.

Is it not true that Obama continues to talk about Republicans not wanting to create new jobs because they won't vote for his bill? He rants and raves about that and yet we see here that nearly half of the money he wanted to spend was for teachers and construction workers. Those were the people who Stimulus I supplied money for one year to hire and now he wants to spend another pile to hire them for another year.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:36 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
How old are you? You really think that Hispanics are liberals. Historically they are very religious and conservative but the democraps have led them to believe that the US is willing to GIVE them everything for free and the Republicans want fiscal responsibility. I would guess the "LEGAL" Hispanic voters are probably 60% democrapic and 40% Republican right now. I highly doubt that will change before the 2012 elections. Not nearly enough to keep The One in office. Go ahead and accept this face. There will be a huge power shift to the right in Nov 2012.
Of course all that "anti-hispanic" GOP rhetoric might have something to do with it too...!

Latino GOP Leader Leaves Republican Party, After Herman Cain Advocates Death of Latin Immigrants, and RNC Failure to Lead in Moderating Anti-Latino Rhetoric

Old 10-22-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I live in Texas. We are touted as great example of how a state should be run fiscally yet our governor has been soundly rejected for the Republican nomination. Meanwhile, the most liberal candidate looks as though he is inevitably going to win the nomination, much to the chagrin of many conservatives.

To me, I see a map full of RINO states.
Where have you been the past week? Surely you know that RINO Man has fallen behind Cain who is ahead by nearly 10 points now. Get in some digs against your governor but wait to see what party the next one represents.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,254,017 times
I moved from a red county in California to a red state. But not because of politics. Nor because I like the wingnuts here. Moved because where I lived had the worse air of anywhere in the US. And was too crowded. And despite being the epicenter of the housing crash, and with an economy in the dumps and lots of depressing reminders, cost ridiculally too much to live.

Came to Oklahoma because the open space, low population, clean air and cheap cost of living. As I wasn't much thrilled with the politics in California either neither gained nor lost. People move for MANY more reasons and politics are the least of them.

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
*Democrat* and *Democratic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
No thanks, I will stay right where I am now...
But you really like that blue color. Right?

Old 10-22-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Wonder how many of those blue states have initiative and referendum? That caused many of the problems in California.
My state has all those populist ideas like initiative and referendum and I have voted in none of them since we don't use the things but they are there if we need them. Hell we have only held one presidential primary so I don't get to vote in one of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies